Poor Kitty — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Poor Kitty

What happened to the Saberclaw's tail? Can they not give her a tiny tail like a bunny or a normal tail like all cats? Why ANet has to cut off its tail in the middle? That's animal cruelty : (

Comments

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

It does have a short tail, it's just not easy to see. But if you turn it sideways in the preview window you can see the tail.

And like @Asum.4960 said it's based on a genus of sabertooth cats called Smilodon (aka sabretooth tiger) which had a very short tail. Not all cats have long tail, all the lynx species have short tails (which is why they're known as bobcats in North America).

If I remember correctly the reason, for both sabrecats and lynx, is thought to be that they don't climb much so they don't need a long tail to help with balance. Whatever the reason it's definitely natural. Smilodon lived about 10,000 years ago and no one was going around cutting tails off 120lb+ cats.

Danielle Aurorel, Desolation EU. Mini Collector

"You can run like a river, Till you end up in the sea
    And you run till night is black, And keep on going in your dreams
    And you know all the long while, It's the journey that you seek
    It's the miles of moving forward, With the wind beneath your wings"

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Danikat.8537 said:
    Whatever the reason it's definitely natural. Smilodon lived about 10,000 years ago and no one was going around cutting tails off 120lb+ cats.

Doug McClure was 😂

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .