Add fake food (or poisoned food) as a new trap / trick to WvW. — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home WvW

Add fake food (or poisoned food) as a new trap / trick to WvW.

A player would place the food so when enemies try to get bonuses they would get temporary penalties instead.

Would be fun.

Comments

• Jayden Reese.9542Jayden Reese.9542 Member ✭✭✭✭

I like it but you already kinda can by dropping some terrible stat ascended food that will replace their power/precision food so they get the extra buffs

• It could also be fake banner / communal boost.

• Infusion.7149Infusion.7149 Member ✭✭✭✭

Why not just use the desert coffee?

• acidic.4356acidic.4356 Member ✭✭✭

better yet... put fake camps and towers on the map..thatl b awsome, how about a fake wvw... call it... alliances maybe..

dear anet - rollback to year 2 of wvw, and start again.. thankyou.

• Mini Crinny.6190Mini Crinny.6190 Member ✭✭✭✭

more stuff to spam around Tactivators Yes please!

• Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Infusion.7149 said:

We salvage that so we can make the food we want to use :)

Not going to lie, I've often hesitated dropping a new ascended food because I don't want enemy players using it. I'll duck into a tower that was just flipped (by the time the RI is over, the food is despawned) to drop it, or might even go without food until the group makes it's way to a secure location. I'm definitely overthinking it, but /shrug

• Make it so that players who consumed X amount of food in a given time have reduced movement speed cuz they become fatties if they over eat.

• GDchiaScrub.3241GDchiaScrub.3241 Member ✭✭✭✭

@WastedYears.8934 said:
    Make it so that players who consumed X amount of food in a given time have reduced movement speed cuz they become fatties if they over eat.

Nice. Nice. Nice.

D:

Holy Warriors of [Kazo] following Kazo doctrine guided by, Our Lord and Commander, Zudo in the holy Trinity of Him and his two firm glutes.

• ArchonWing.9480ArchonWing.9480 Member ✭✭✭✭

Sometimes I put down food and a banner, then lay down a bunch of dh traps on it. It's quite funny how many randoms would die for it (though to be fair, the penalty for dying is nil anyways)

• Kulvar.1239Kulvar.1239 Member ✭✭✭

@WastedYears.8934 said:
    Make it so that players who consumed X amount of food in a given time have reduced movement speed cuz they become fatties if they over eat.

Fighting and running around will burn calories

• Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@Infusion.7149 said:

Not going to lie, I've often hesitated dropping a new ascended food because I don't want enemy players using it. I'll duck into a tower that was just flipped (by the time the RI is over, the food is despawned) to drop it, or might even go without food until the group makes it's way to a secure location. I'm definitely overthinking it, but /shrug

kitten boy that's like scorched earth right there. Be sure to slot a sabotage depot after 10min too !

Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

• Very Gauntlet II "Warrior needs food badly!". :D

• Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Justine.6351 said:

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@Infusion.7149 said:

kitten boy that's like scorched earth right there. Be sure to slot a sabotage depot after 10min too !

The odd time where I decided to drop ascended food in an open field, I drop a supply trap on top of it :naughty:

• I really like this idea. To spitball off of it, maybe add a trait in one of the wvw mastery lines that makes food/banners dropped harmful to enemy players if consumed/interacted. Even just a 2 minute debuff would be interesting.

• HAsAsIN.6724HAsAsIN.6724 Member ✭✭

you just need Resistance boon and your sinister plans are useless.

• Talindra.4958Talindra.4958 Member ✭✭✭✭

Lol Na waste of dev time. They better use that time to come up with new game play in wvw. Eg new tactic if activate in building all allies gets special action skills. That's just an example..

Death is Energy [DIE] & Bongbong [BB] in FoW
    Envoy's Herald, EAoA, CoZ, VitV, DD, SS, The Eternal, LNHB, Champion Magus, Champion Phantom, Wondrous Achiever etc.