Is it allowed to run events where you ask players to do "fetch quests" ?

Kovac.4372

I'm playing with the idea of creating a player-run story arc that should, as one part, include events alike the dynamic events we have in open world.

I or other team members would act as NPCs that would tell the story and ask for the participating players to kill X amount of NPCs and/or fetch certain items in order for the event/story to proceed.

I suppose those items would be sent via ingame mail, or maybe I'd make a guild and participants would have to join to play and these items would be dumped in the guild bank. I mean, the items would be trophy items or trash or something, the purpose of this game would be roleplay.

But I don't know if this is something allowed by game rules? Would anyone know?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You may want to do a Test Run within your own Guild to see how it goes, iron it out, and formalize the rules/penalties.The last thing you want is to do a mass, in-game event where too many people show up and you get overwhelmed.

You may want to split it into character levels so beginners can play as well as those who don't have map completion.One way to keep people honest is to have them collect Soulbound items. Just an idea. That way when they register a character for the hunt they can't use other characters on their account or buy from the TP.