Simple DPS Metre - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Fractals/Dungeons/Strike Missions/Raids

Simple DPS Metre

2>

Comments

  • Nephalem.8921Nephalem.8921 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Fueki.4753 said:

    That sentence just proofs that you probably have no idea how the combat works at all

    Exactly what about that sentence proofs anything about my familiarity with the combat system?
    The fact that the average of ranged people I did CoE with were better at dodging Alpha than the average of melee people?
    I think I'm sufficiently familiar with the combat to be successful in most of the game's content.

    You dont get boons when you range. You dont cleave the crystal when you range. You dont burst like crazy when you range. Everytime i saw a ranged player in that dungeon he had below 1k dps while 1-2 players spiked to 80k or higher basically duoing the whole dungeon.
    It doesnt matter if ranged players dodge alpha or not since they are alive not that much more useful than dead. You are part of the problem if you struggle in a melee group.

  • Fueki.4753Fueki.4753 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 27, 2020

    @Nephalem.8921 said:

    @Fueki.4753 said:

    That sentence just proofs that you probably have no idea how the combat works at all

    Exactly what about that sentence proofs anything about my familiarity with the combat system?
    The fact that the average of ranged people I did CoE with were better at dodging Alpha than the average of melee people?
    I think I'm sufficiently familiar with the combat to be successful in most of the game's content.

    You dont get boons when you range. You dont cleave the crystal when you range.

    Boon spam wasn't always as oppressive as it was now.
    And the average casuals still don't value it as high like elitists do.

    You dont burst like crazy when you range. Everytime i saw a ranged player in that dungeon he had below 1k dps while 1-2 players spiked to 80k or higher basically duoing the whole dungeon.

    Some people give too much value to some number spit out by DPS meters. Meanwhile others, like me, find more value in other things than some numbers.
    I don't care if alpha takes two minutes, as long it does not die in too fast.

  • maddoctor.2738maddoctor.2738 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 27, 2020

    @Fueki.4753 said:

    Since you say "as long as", it means there is room for complaining, group expectations and a valid need to keep others in check. Which your absolute statements did not account for.

    My "absolute statement", was only meant regarding complaints about builds, not about behaviour that actively disrupts group play.
    If someone is ignoring mechanics on purpose or doing other disruptive staff (like mowing people down with WoJ chains on purpose), complains are valid.

    I will tell you a secret: I cannot read minds. I responded to your absolute statements, if they were meant regarding something specific then they should've been framed as such.

    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1252310/#Comment_1252310
    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1252623/#Comment_1252623

    I gave you ample examples to change your mind. Always remember: absolutes are bad. Don't think in black and white and instead try to think in variations of grey.
    Good luck.

    tl;dr as I posted it earlier:

    You can complain and act in a group without requirements, a group without description does have expectations, and players should be kept in check regardless if they agree to it or not. In all types of groups. What is debatable is the method of complaining, the extent of the expectations, and how much "in check" players should be. That would certainly depend on the group, how it was formed (LFG listing), the leader, and many other parameters.

  • Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 27, 2020

    @Fueki.4753 said:

    @Nephalem.8921 said:

    @Fueki.4753 said:

    That sentence just proofs that you probably have no idea how the combat works at all

    Exactly what about that sentence proofs anything about my familiarity with the combat system?
    The fact that the average of ranged people I did CoE with were better at dodging Alpha than the average of melee people?
    I think I'm sufficiently familiar with the combat to be successful in most of the game's content.

    You dont get boons when you range. You dont cleave the crystal when you range.

    Boon spam wasn't always as oppressive as it was now.
    And the average casuals still don't value it as high like elitists do.

    Actually, it was. Just not needed as much or at all. Back during core GW2, proper class selection (cough, elementalist with icebow 5 damage stacking on 1 single point, or fiery greatsword against a wall, etc), proper boons and effects (quickness was 100% instead of 50% and was the sole reason people took 1 mesmer along).

    There simply was no content which required this type of optimization, hence it was less common. More difficult content leads to more necessity for optimization to prevent failure.

  • Fueki.4753Fueki.4753 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 27, 2020

    @Cyninja.2954 said:

    @Fueki.4753 said:

    @Nephalem.8921 said:

    @Fueki.4753 said:

    That sentence just proofs that you probably have no idea how the combat works at all

    Exactly what about that sentence proofs anything about my familiarity with the combat system?
    The fact that the average of ranged people I did CoE with were better at dodging Alpha than the average of melee people?
    I think I'm sufficiently familiar with the combat to be successful in most of the game's content.

    You dont get boons when you range. You dont cleave the crystal when you range.

    Boon spam wasn't always as oppressive as it was now.
    And the average casuals still don't value it as high like elitists do.

    Actually, it was. Just not needed as much or at all. Back during core GW2, proper class selection (cough, elementalist with icebow 5 damage stacking on 1 single point, or fiery greatsword against a wall, etc), proper boons and effects (quickness was 100% instead of 50% and was the sole reason people took 1 mesmer along).

    There simply was no content which required this type of optimization, hence it was less common. More difficult content leads to more necessity for optimization to prevent failure.

    I'm aware it existed in a tamer fashion and wasn't as oppressive.
    It was rarely used and the amount of spammable boons also was much lower.

  • Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 27, 2020

    @Fueki.4753 said:

    @Cyninja.2954 said:

    @Fueki.4753 said:

    @Nephalem.8921 said:

    @Fueki.4753 said:

    That sentence just proofs that you probably have no idea how the combat works at all

    Exactly what about that sentence proofs anything about my familiarity with the combat system?
    The fact that the average of ranged people I did CoE with were better at dodging Alpha than the average of melee people?
    I think I'm sufficiently familiar with the combat to be successful in most of the game's content.

    You dont get boons when you range. You dont cleave the crystal when you range.

    Boon spam wasn't always as oppressive as it was now.
    And the average casuals still don't value it as high like elitists do.

    Actually, it was. Just not needed as much or at all. Back during core GW2, proper class selection (cough, elementalist with icebow 5 damage stacking on 1 single point, or fiery greatsword against a wall, etc), proper boons and effects (quickness was 100% instead of 50% and was the sole reason people took 1 mesmer along).

    There simply was no content which required this type of optimization, hence it was less common. More difficult content leads to more necessity for optimization to prevent failure.

    I'm aware it existed in a tamer fashion and wasn't as oppressive.
    It was rarely used and the amount of spammable boons also was much lower.

    The amount of offensive boons was lower by 2, the amount of actual effects was lower by 1 (since quickness was not a boon but an effect and twice as effective).

    That is during vanilla, during the beginning of HoT, alacrity was 66% instead of 20% currently (33% on chrono if traited). It was way off the charts, only it took a while for players to realize, and the player base was in its infancy in discovering the combat system.

    Going to repeat what the decisive factor was: there was no necessity from a content stand point. The optimization back then was even harder because most classes were useless from an optimal standpoint. That's why there was certain classes were locked out of content even in casual groups (a friend of mine literally made a guardian since he would so often get kicked from dungeon groups on his necro. Ranger was in a similar spot)

    If at all:

    • the amount of classes and boon availability and ease of access has made it easier to make setups today (and upkeep boons)
    • while the increased difficulty of the content is the actual reason as to why the optimization has to take place
    • what you perceive as less oppressive was simply shifted towards certain classes being completely denied the content
  • Eramonster.2718Eramonster.2718 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 29, 2020

    An accurate meter, even better with logs is preferred. It's much more difficult to quantify or judge something with lack of data. Eg. Player A & B shares the same class but one shows "green" while the other "white". But the group is capable of clearing the content with "white" not necessary "green". Leads to more questions, what if its just slightly below the benchmark to hit green or is it unacceptable for that encounter even though it can be done etc. It also requires the meter to calibrate for each setup, encounter etc. more work for vague results.
    (An example in game would be combat log. Messy with some data omitted, making it impossible to determine what happened at times :frown:.)

    Conclusion, a meter tool should be accurate and undisputed with data to function/be perfect. How the data/result is handled is up to individuals. (Is it truely a problem or impossible with it? Can it be done or improved; on it or as a whole? Etc.)

  • TPMN.1483TPMN.1483 Member ✭✭✭

    We have arcdps as our more accurate metre - a simple metre is that stepping stone for players to start becoming aware of what damage they are doing. I don’t expect ANET have the resources or will to develop a full blown DPS metre- hence a simple one would be a start for those who don’t install arc.

  • Fueki.4753Fueki.4753 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 29, 2020

    @TPMN.1483 said:
    We have arcdps as our more accurate metre - a simple metre is that stepping stone for players to start becoming aware of what damage they are doing. I don’t expect ANET have the resources or will to develop a full blown DPS metre- hence a simple one would be a start for those who don’t install arc.

    And those who didn't install that one, clearly don't want any kind of DPS meter.
    Anet shouldn't force something like that onto everyone, just because a minority is unpleased with how the majority chooses to enjoy their game.

  • Edge.8724Edge.8724 Member ✭✭✭

    Yeah, and force the dps race even more. No thanks. I largely prefer tactics and mechanics instead of just " MOARR DAMAGE!!! ".
    Also, it will make lots of people quit high end pve or even quit the game.
    As for me, I don't need video games to be an additional source of stress. Thanks.

    P.S. While we're at it, there's tons of stats combos out there. Could be nice to see more viable builds using other stats instead of the same 2 that has been used for 6 years and more.

  • Teratus.2859Teratus.2859 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I don't like DPS meters tbh.. but it's very clear that people are going to use them regardless of whether they are in game or some invasive 3rd party software.

    At this point Anet might as well put one in the game, at least that way everyone can be on an even level and see the same information.

    Atm we have a handful of players using 3rd party software to not just see other peoples DPS but also their builds and gear setup which frankly they have no right to be looking at without said players permission imo.
    It's basically spying and that is something I do have a problem with from a moral standpoint.

  • TPMN.1483TPMN.1483 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 29, 2020

    @Edge.8724 said:
    Yeah, and force the dps race even more. No thanks. I largely prefer tactics and mechanics instead of just " MOARR DAMAGE!!! ".
    Also, it will make lots of people quit high end pve or even quit the game.
    As for me, I don't need video games to be an additional source of stress. Thanks.

    The high end PVE already use DPS metres so why would they quit if a simple dps metre was also there?

    P.S. While we're at it, there's tons of stats combos out there. Could be nice to see more viable builds using other stats instead of the same 2 that has been used for 6 years and more.

    There are defn. more than two viable builds using more stats than 2 - the meta has shaken things up several times.

  • knite.1542knite.1542 Member ✭✭✭

    @Teratus.2859 said:
    I don't like DPS meters tbh.. but it's very clear that people are going to use them regardless of whether they are in game or some invasive 3rd party software.

    At this point Anet might as well put one in the game, at least that way everyone can be on an even level and see the same information.

    Atm we have a handful of players using 3rd party software to not just see other peoples DPS but also their builds and gear setup which frankly they have no right to be looking at without said players permission imo.
    It's basically spying and that is something I do have a problem with from a moral standpoint.

    Ridiculous. There are literally MMOs with the feature to see other people's gear built in. How does someone seeing your gear negatively impact you.

    The main people I see making complaints like this are people that get kicked from raid groups or fractal groups for having low dps.

    If your team wins it's because of everyone else. If your team loses, blame the thief.
    ranger is OP but holo is more OP so its fine
    Why do this matter at all, you have people asking you why play so bad as fractal god?

  • Teratus.2859Teratus.2859 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @knite.1542 said:

    @Teratus.2859 said:
    I don't like DPS meters tbh.. but it's very clear that people are going to use them regardless of whether they are in game or some invasive 3rd party software.

    At this point Anet might as well put one in the game, at least that way everyone can be on an even level and see the same information.

    Atm we have a handful of players using 3rd party software to not just see other peoples DPS but also their builds and gear setup which frankly they have no right to be looking at without said players permission imo.
    It's basically spying and that is something I do have a problem with from a moral standpoint.

    Ridiculous. There are literally MMOs with the feature to see other people's gear built in. How does someone seeing your gear negatively impact you.

    The main people I see making complaints like this are people that get kicked from raid groups or fractal groups for having low dps.

    I don't raid and I always make my own fractal groups when I play there so it has nothing to do with getting kicked.
    It's simply about politeness and principle, if you want to see my gear or build then ask me for it, don't use 3rd party tools spy on my stuff.
    It's just rude.

  • knite.1542knite.1542 Member ✭✭✭

    @Teratus.2859 said:

    @knite.1542 said:

    @Teratus.2859 said:
    I don't like DPS meters tbh.. but it's very clear that people are going to use them regardless of whether they are in game or some invasive 3rd party software.

    At this point Anet might as well put one in the game, at least that way everyone can be on an even level and see the same information.

    Atm we have a handful of players using 3rd party software to not just see other peoples DPS but also their builds and gear setup which frankly they have no right to be looking at without said players permission imo.
    It's basically spying and that is something I do have a problem with from a moral standpoint.

    Ridiculous. There are literally MMOs with the feature to see other people's gear built in. How does someone seeing your gear negatively impact you.

    The main people I see making complaints like this are people that get kicked from raid groups or fractal groups for having low dps.

    I don't raid and I always make my own fractal groups when I play there so it has nothing to do with getting kicked.
    It's simply about politeness and principle, if you want to see my gear or build then ask me for it, don't use 3rd party tools spy on my stuff.
    It's just rude.

    Oddly enough you can get kicked from a group that you made, but I will agree to disagree.

    If your team wins it's because of everyone else. If your team loses, blame the thief.
    ranger is OP but holo is more OP so its fine
    Why do this matter at all, you have people asking you why play so bad as fractal god?

  • Teratus.2859Teratus.2859 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @knite.1542 said:

    @Teratus.2859 said:

    @knite.1542 said:

    @Teratus.2859 said:
    I don't like DPS meters tbh.. but it's very clear that people are going to use them regardless of whether they are in game or some invasive 3rd party software.

    At this point Anet might as well put one in the game, at least that way everyone can be on an even level and see the same information.

    Atm we have a handful of players using 3rd party software to not just see other peoples DPS but also their builds and gear setup which frankly they have no right to be looking at without said players permission imo.
    It's basically spying and that is something I do have a problem with from a moral standpoint.

    Ridiculous. There are literally MMOs with the feature to see other people's gear built in. How does someone seeing your gear negatively impact you.

    The main people I see making complaints like this are people that get kicked from raid groups or fractal groups for having low dps.

    I don't raid and I always make my own fractal groups when I play there so it has nothing to do with getting kicked.
    It's simply about politeness and principle, if you want to see my gear or build then ask me for it, don't use 3rd party tools spy on my stuff.
    It's just rude.

    Oddly enough you can get kicked from a group that you made, but I will agree to disagree.

    No, You are right that is definitely possible.
    But I will point out that all my groups are made with an open invitation that everyone is welcome to join, so I have never been kicked out of my own groups because of that.
    Putting an All Welcome in your LFG doesn't always attract the best players which is to be expected but it does significantly diminish toxic ones who will start demanding kicks or DPS checks or killproof etc.
    They go completely against the open invitation so if they do join the group they'll be the first kicked if they start making demands like that.

    It's all good to agree to disgree on the gear checking thing though, have a good night man ^^

  • Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 29, 2020

    @Teratus.2859 said:
    It's all good to agree to disgree on the gear checking thing though, have a good night man ^^

    The gear checking is NOT allowed by the devs (neither is build or similar checking). Anyone running a custom or adapted version of any addon which allows so, does at risk of being sanctioned. It is most certainly NOT available in the regular arcdps version which most players use.

  • Teratus.2859Teratus.2859 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Cyninja.2954 said:

    @Teratus.2859 said:
    It's all good to agree to disgree on the gear checking thing though, have a good night man ^^

    The gear checking is NOT allowed by the devs (neither is build or similar checking). Anyone running a custom or adapted version of any addon which allows so, does at risk of being sanctioned. It is most certainly NOT available in the regular arcdps version which most players use.

    Really? that I didn't know.

    Thanks for clarifying that.

  • Opopanax.1803Opopanax.1803 Member ✭✭✭✭

    What about an idea like a stat sheet after a boss showing
    1. Total group dps
    2. Total group healing
    3. Total group boon uptime
    4. Total damage avoided (not sure they could calculate dodges/aegis, etc)

    This way it would give you an idea on the health of your group, but would not be singling people out.

  • knite.1542knite.1542 Member ✭✭✭

    @Teratus.2859 said:
    It's all good to agree to disgree on the gear checking thing though, have a good night man ^^

    You too friend.

    @Cyninja.2954 said:
    The gear checking is NOT allowed by the devs (neither is build or similar checking). Anyone running a custom or adapted version of any addon which allows so, does at risk of being sanctioned. It is most certainly NOT available in the regular arcdps version which most players use.

    Just to clarify, I am not arguing that it is allowed; it was the, "It's basically spying and that is something I do have a problem with from a moral standpoint." that I disagreed with. I am familiar with https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013625034-Policy-Third-Party-Programs

    If your team wins it's because of everyone else. If your team loses, blame the thief.
    ranger is OP but holo is more OP so its fine
    Why do this matter at all, you have people asking you why play so bad as fractal god?

  • TPMN.1483TPMN.1483 Member ✭✭✭

    @Opopanax.1803 said:
    What about an idea like a stat sheet after a boss showing
    1. Total group dps
    2. Total group healing
    3. Total group boon uptime
    4. Total damage avoided (not sure they could calculate dodges/aegis, etc)

    This way it would give you an idea on the health of your group, but would not be singling people out.

    You need to know an individuals DPS range at least - right now this is aimed at those without arc (who won’t install it or don’t know it exists and want to have an idea how they are vs others). The reason I suggest 5-10K ranges represented by colour is so that people don’t get singled out for being a couple of K less. It could even be via colour intensity as more DPS is done.

    This could also then help people realise why are 10 people in my squad doing like massive DPS and I hardly do any (eg open world - where ANET reports massive differences in DPS).

    ArcDPS will give all the detailed info after the fight as a lot of the things that you are suggesting are actually quite hard to do (No.2,4)

  • Teratus.2859Teratus.2859 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @knite.1542 said:
    Just to clarify, I am not arguing that it is allowed; it was the, "It's basically spying and that is something I do have a problem with from a moral standpoint." that I disagreed with. I am familiar with https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013625034-Policy-Third-Party-Programs

    I get where your coming from, Spying was probably a poor choice of words on my part.. sounds more malicious than I intended it to be, so that's my bad.

    I was going for it being more polite to ask people for that information instead of using 3rd party software to check their gear in a one way situation without their knowledge or consent.
    If it were possible for anyone to view anyones gear at any time then it would at least be fair, but since that isn't a feature of the game then it just feels rude for people to use 3rd party software to do that.

    Hopefully that better conveys my opinion than my original post >.<

  • Opopanax.1803Opopanax.1803 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @TPMN.1483 said:

    @Opopanax.1803 said:
    What about an idea like a stat sheet after a boss showing
    1. Total group dps
    2. Total group healing
    3. Total group boon uptime
    4. Total damage avoided (not sure they could calculate dodges/aegis, etc)

    This way it would give you an idea on the health of your group, but would not be singling people out.

    You need to know an individuals DPS range at least - right now this is aimed at those without arc (who won’t install it or don’t know it exists and want to have an idea how they are vs others). The reason I suggest 5-10K ranges represented by colour is so that people don’t get singled out for being a couple of K less. It could even be via colour intensity as more DPS is done.

    This could also then help people realise why are 10 people in my squad doing like massive DPS and I hardly do any (eg open world - where ANET reports massive differences in DPS).

    ArcDPS will give all the detailed info after the fight as a lot of the things that you are suggesting are actually quite hard to do (No.2,4)

    Actually, even with just full group numbers, you will start to know if dps is low or healing is low, etc as a group. I think they are more likely to do something like this.

    It would be even better if they gave targets for what the group needs for dps/heals to overcome an instance.

    Just my thoughts. Lots of ways to do this, but unlikely Anet will add anything.

  • TPMN.1483TPMN.1483 Member ✭✭✭

    If a group DPS is low - how do you fix it?

    Generally in a strike mission it may be one or two DPS who are low pulling less DPS than the support classes. You need to isolate,fix or remove these - with only group DPS showing it’s not possible. Hence an individual colour range DPS helps in this instance.

  • Fueki.4753Fueki.4753 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 30, 2020

    @TPMN.1483 said:
    If a group DPS is low - how do you fix it?

    Even if the DPS is low, yet the group still manages the content and is enjoying said content, does something need to be fixed?
    I don't think so.

  • maddoctor.2738maddoctor.2738 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Fueki.4753 said:

    @TPMN.1483 said:
    If a group DPS is low - how do you fix it?

    Even if the DPS is low, yet the group still manages the content and is enjoying said content, does something need to be fixed?
    I don't think so.

    If your dps is low and the group succeeded it means you were carried by other players of the party/squad that did the necessary damage to succeed. Eventually, you will be in a group with players that can achieve the same numbers as you and the content will fail miserably meaning no enjoyment for everyone. So there is something that needs to be fixed if your dps is horrible, you can't really rely on others all time, your luck might run out.

  • Fueki.4753Fueki.4753 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 30, 2020

    @maddoctor.2738 said:

    @Fueki.4753 said:

    @TPMN.1483 said:
    If a group DPS is low - how do you fix it?

    Even if the DPS is low, yet the group still manages the content and is enjoying said content, does something need to be fixed?
    I don't think so.

    If your dps is low and the group succeeded it means you were carried by other players of the party/squad that did the necessary damage to succeed. Eventually, you will be in a group with players that can achieve the same numbers as you and the content will fail miserably meaning no enjoyment for everyone. So there is something that needs to be fixed if your dps is horrible, you can't really rely on others all time, your luck might run out.

    TPMN.1483 referred to low group DPS.
    That implies everyone did low DPS and noone carried anyone else.

  • maddoctor.2738maddoctor.2738 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 30, 2020

    @Fueki.4753 said:
    That implies everyone did low DPS and noone carried anyone else.

    That's not how averaging works. If the group as a whole did low DPS it might well mean 5 players did very little DPS and the other 5 did good/above average DPS. Or 8 players did no DPS at all and 2 players did amazing DPS and carried them. How do you conclude from the group as a whole doing low DPS, that everyone in the group did low DPS? And my point still stands in that situation, even if the group succeeded in THAT run, that doesn't mean the same player will succeed on all their future groups. It will depend if they were the ones that did the carrying or the ones that got carried.

    Edit: the question then becomes: if next time my group consists of myself and 4 of my clones (party) or 9 of my clones (squad) would the content succeed? If the answer is yes then there is no issue whatsoever. If the answer is no, then depending on how bad it was, there might be a problem. Ignorance is bliss and all that.

  • Shikaru.7618Shikaru.7618 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 30, 2020

    @maddoctor.2738 said:

    @Fueki.4753 said:
    That implies everyone did low DPS and noone carried anyone else.

    That's not how averaging works. If the group as a whole did low DPS it might well mean 5 players did very little DPS and the other 5 did good/above average DPS. Or 8 players did no DPS at all and 2 players did amazing DPS and carried them. How do you conclude from the group as a whole doing low DPS, that everyone in the group did low DPS? And my point still stands in that situation, even if the group succeeded in THAT run, that doesn't mean the same player will succeed on all their future groups. It will depend if they were the ones that did the carrying or the ones that got carried.

    Edit: the question then becomes: if next time my group consists of myself and 4 of my clones (party) or 9 of my clones (squad) would the content succeed? If the answer is yes then there is no issue whatsoever. If the answer is no, then depending on how bad it was, there might be a problem. Ignorance is bliss and all that.

    This is the correct way to gauge if someone was carried. This also extends beyond dps and can applied to mechanics as well. If everyone got teleported by vg blues the same number of times I did, would I still clear the boss? Chances are if you were kicked the answer is no.

  • Eramonster.2718Eramonster.2718 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Fueki.4753 said:

    @maddoctor.2738 said:

    @Fueki.4753 said:

    @TPMN.1483 said:
    If a group DPS is low - how do you fix it?

    Even if the DPS is low, yet the group still manages the content and is enjoying said content, does something need to be fixed?
    I don't think so.

    If your dps is low and the group succeeded it means you were carried by other players of the party/squad that did the necessary damage to succeed. Eventually, you will be in a group with players that can achieve the same numbers as you and the content will fail miserably meaning no enjoyment for everyone. So there is something that needs to be fixed if your dps is horrible, you can't really rely on others all time, your luck might run out.

    TPMN.1483 referred to low group DPS.
    That implies everyone did low DPS and noone carried anyone else.

    Unlikely there will be any conflict for a success. If there's one, I can only think of there's a conflict of interest/expectations (the group failed to achieve certain criteria. Eg. Gold/Silver/Bronze which usually doesn't matter/maybe certain events to nit-pick).

    This also extends beyond dps and can applied to mechanics as well. If everyone got teleported by vg blues

    Take this example. If the group succeeded, unlikely there will be any conflict or the group doesn't mind going with it. Teleport can be seen visually, DPS will be reflected as a result together with the number of times teleported. If teleport is the problem, try to minimize, keep it low (or better; not repeat it) and things will turn out fine.