The RNG on the Mystic Clovers needs to GO AWAY

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been saving for SO long, I thought the end was in sight. I thought I just needed to craft my clovers and I would be one more step closer to my weapons/armor. ...... I just feel like ANet has wasted my time. I Loathe RNG in games. Wasting a players time is one of the worst things a developer can do.

I've always had far better luck with the 10x recipe, plus I used to that first so when I failed my rng, I got other useful mats for the legendary or could resell for coins.

Nowadays my large stockpile comes from the end of login cycle, but I'm prob one of the few people who favoured the 10x recipe despite the risk

I agree that the RNG for Mystic Clovers needs to go away. The ingredients cost enough without flushing more hard-earned money away. Can you imagine doing this with some other things in the MF? Hey, put in the four things for your Legendary in the Mystic Forge, and you might get your item. Or not. It's terrible.

@TPMN.1483 said:The raw ingredients used to be a lot cheaper - wasnt such a big issue when the MF ingredients were cheaper.

Well, some genius thought it would be a smart idea to use Mystic Coins as a currency. Hoarding them and trading them in stacks did not improve the situation.

They could lock a couple of useful items for mailing. Mystic Coins, Legendary Weapons and those hilariously expensive infusions & skins which are only traded on the black-market anyway. People can still sell them on TP, as intended.

but you get t6 mats if you fail to get one. so it can be worth it to fail the recipe multiple times to gain t6 mats easier. this is esspecially the case for the 10 clover recipe, where the chance to fail to get a clover is over 2/3. for 1 clover you normally get 1 clover in four tries on average.

@Dawdler.8521 said:The RNG for clovers went away AGES ago with the reward tracks. Now we get them for free and are drowning in useless clovers we cant even sell :(

If you mean the WvW reward tracks, yes, I agree you can get them that way, but for some of us, WvW is pure torture. I hate it so much and only put up with it to get the Gift of Battle for a Legendary.

@Witch of Doom.5739 Same. I'm not a fan of WvW really. I try to get in to it, but I think I just ned to accept it isn't the game mode for me. Still need those dam Gift of Battles though....@yoni.7015 I have tried Fractals but I don't seem to earn many relics at all.... I need to earn 300/day for the clovers. I just posted another post on the forum asking for advice on exactly what to do to obtain relics quickly. If you want to give me some advice on there or here I would appreciate it.

i always use the 10x recipe. Call me superstitious but i always do it very early in the morning when no one is on. Maybe i have good rng but i usually always get 10 clovers on every second or third try.It did it this morning and got 110 clovers with 16 tries i almost felll over.

@Witch of Doom.5739 said:

@"Dawdler.8521" said:The RNG for clovers went away AGES ago with the reward tracks. Now we get them for free and are drowning in useless clovers we cant even sell :(

If you mean the WvW reward tracks, yes, I agree you can get them that way, but for some of us, WvW is pure torture."pure torture"... indeed.I find it really hard to empathize when the request is for a "non RNG" method of acquisition... then someone points out no less than three methods... and the response is hyperbole and over dramatization.

The most efficient way to many shinies in this game will be via playing a variety of content and game modes then leveraging the rewards towards your goals.This is very clearly by design and impacts players of all three game modes.Ask that PvP player how they feel about the time commitment of having to complete all four HoT maps, (including one with a significant chunk locked behind a meta) and level a crafting discipline in order to make a Gen 2 Legendary.Ask a WvW player how they feel about the need for a stack of mystic coins when on a good day they earn 1/4 the gold per hour that you do in PvE.

But yeah a reward track in WvW is "pure torture". Never mind that you can just do the easy dailies for the reward potions and earn a GoB without ever having to battle another player.

@TPMN.1483 said:The raw ingredients used to be a lot cheaper - wasnt such a big issue when the MF ingredients were cheaper.

The alternate results also used to be more valuable.

On the other hand there were no alternatives for getting clovers directly either so things are not really comparable.

@pninak.1069 said:but you get t6 mats if you fail to get one. so it can be worth it to fail the recipe multiple times to gain t6 mats easier. this is esspecially the case for the 10 clover recipe, where the chance to fail to get a clover is over 2/3. for 1 clover you normally get 1 clover in four tries on average.

if it was only t6 fine materials that might not be too bad but you also get the common ones, getting a bunch of gossamer for a mystic coin is a pretty bad trade off

@"Witch of Doom.5739" said:I agree that the RNG for Mystic Clovers needs to go away. The ingredients cost enough without flushing more hard-earned money away. Can you imagine doing this with some other things in the MF? Hey, put in the four things for your Legendary in the Mystic Forge, and you might get your item. Or not. It's terrible.

Probably not changing any time soon since the ways to obtain clovers are already split into

1. fast but expensive with RNG
  2. slow but cheap without RNG

a fast and cheap option is unlikely, the closest we'll ever get to is maybe "fast but a lot more expensive without RNG".