What I'd Do For A Guild Wars 3

Bundle GW 1 & 2 together in a new engine..The story, I mean. Not the GW1 mechanics. Just give it all a facelift.And tell stories in the 100 years between GW 1 & 2; the building of the Black Citadel, the Humans settling in new lands, heroes needed to tame the wilds, etc.

You could even make it so your hero of GW1's story shows up in legends when in the GW2 story, and the in-between stories. The legendary character. Maybe his top 3 party members are also named.

Or just jump ahead 100 or 200 years from GW2 to tell the story of what happens due to the events of GW2. (No spoilers, for those who have not beat GW2).

Though I'd kill to have GW1 & 2 graphically upgraded, myself, along with all new stories...A man can dream.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Naw the slow demise of gw2 is much smarter business plan than gw2, I mean a new expacs common right so the games saved.

Please fix this post so its understandable surely it should be typed the way it is atm since it make zero sence.

Yeah sry fn auto spelling

Ty I guessed that was the case but you are never 100% sure what people mean =)

They can do what WoW has done - upgrade the engine, release further expansions and continue under the GW2 branding. There is no reason iterative development can not be done.

At this point many veteran players have so many more hours invested compared to GW1 , shifting to a GW3 may be one cut to many.

@xWiroo.3841 said:lose your hope, there wont be a gw3 in at least 2 or 3 years.

Longer than that.I'd say 5 at least and even then that would probably be just the announcement of a new game.Won't actually see the game for 7-8 years from now.Unless of course they re-used a lot of Gw2 to make 3 which would completely defy the point in making Gw3 imo and anger a lot of people.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@"Thornwolf.9721" said:Guild wars 3 was in development, it was shelved. So rather than on a shelf its on a table... somewhere.... with many other things...

Was it? I thought it was "other projects"?

@"Thornwolf.9721" said:Guild wars 3 was in development, it was shelved. So rather than on a shelf its on a table... somewhere.... with many other things...

It was other projects GW3 was never announced or even hinted at.

It was being worked on, Mo made it no secret he did not like how guild wars 2 has turned out.. (more of a pvp guy) and its actually been stated they were working on early concepts of guild wars 3. He left because it was put on the shelf for the foreseeable future (Likely until the end of time, at this stage as it would seem)

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

@Thornwolf.9721 said:Guild wars 3 was in development, it was shelved. So rather than on a shelf its on a table... somewhere.... with many other things...

@Thornwolf.9721 said:Guild wars 3 was in development, it was shelved. So rather than on a shelf its on a table... somewhere.... with many other things...

It was other projects GW3 was never announced or even hinted at.

It was being worked on, Mo made it no secret he did not like how guild wars 2 has turned out.. (more of a pvp guy) and its actually been stated they were working on early concepts of guild wars 3. He left because it was put on the shelf for the foreseeable future (Likely until the end of time, at this stage as it would seem)

I wouldn't consider that "in development".

I just returned to GW2 this week. I’d hate to see a guild wars 3 ever. They should just expand the universe we’re in. If you look what bungie did with destiny and destiny 2. When you make a sequel to a shared living world you divide the community up. Lots of people will stay on GW2 and few vets will go to Gw3 just to start over. They’d also have to support two games at the same time. I’d say it ain’t going to happen.

@kharmin.7683 said:

They made a proposed model for it of what it could be. But considering other projects and NCSoft telling Anet to stop pulling the majority of their devs away from GW2, it didn't make it beyond what little it was.

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

They made a proposed model for it of what it could be. But considering other projects and NCSoft telling Anet to stop pulling the majority of their devs away from GW2, it didn't make it beyond what little it was.

Right. Again, I don't consider that to be "in development" at that stage. /shrug

What would it take to receive GW3 properly (for me)?

Complete, ground-up consideration of gear, itemization, crafting (GW2's is awful).Keep the action combat, but mitigate the impact of dodge/etc and finally put in some decreasing gains on hard-CC.Optimization! An 8-year-old game shouldn't turn my computer into a heater. ><

@linkym.2069 said:If gw3 ever happens i hope they've learnt that locking 5 skills to a weapon is no fun. Also the pvp in gw2 is the worse i've ever played in a mmo. Gw1 pvp is lots of times better. The game should have aspects from 1 and 2.

Personally, I would prefer GW3 to be something completely different from GW1 and GW2