How bad would dread nerf be to p nec dps?

Axl.8924

No metabuild uses Dread in PvP so I have no idea what people are complaining about.

I can only assume: The 15% increased damage while feared should be negligible, so what's left is that a fear chain core necro can stack a lot of vulnerability pretty quickly (a stack of 10 with every fear). But the duration is pretty bad (5 seconds) and it's not like cleanses don't exist, so the damage increase is extremely situational.

All in all sounds like silver division issues.

I tend to agree with KrHome, a nerf to Dread wouldn't affect the necromancer's DPS (whatever the gamemode).

The point is that the necromancer's damage dealing tools have been concentrated into the shroud and spite allow the necromancer to overflow with might while in shroud making Awaken the pain a much more valuable tool than Dread which take advantage of situational windows of opportunity. All in all, the damage that you manage with Dread you would have done them more easily with Awaken the pain in PvP setup while in PvE keeping a good fear uptime on a foe is unrealistic despite the foe not having a brain.

The best thing you can expect from this trait is to have a player stupid enough to run repeatedly unprotected into Spectral ring and have the range necessary to lifeblast it to death. In which case, said player totally deserve every single bit of damage he take. A player that have a build which cannot deal with a specific situation should be ready to lose to this situation. In the old time we called it: "Rock, Paper, Scizor", If your 'rock', don't expect to win against 'Paper'.