The one thing that seems to be overlooked with every single update...

Ronin.4501

NERF THE BOONS. NERF THE BOONS. NERF THE BOONS. There are too many classes/builds that run around with seemingly permanent boons, and it's never just 1 or 2 boons, it's 4, 5, 6 or more. Almost no class has a decent boonstrip (and even those that do have woefully long cooldowns compared to boon regeneration on several classes). And it's a bit ridiculous when you can have a single ranger class or elementalist class that can fight 1v3, 1v4, 1v5 and get away without a scratch due to the massive amount of boon spamming/regeneration. It seems the only solution is to run in bigger groups (to handle a single player, which seems rather absurd), but then again that's become an issue for more and more of us as the server-side lag in WvW has gotten almost untenable for a lot of us.

Power has been nerfed, and now condition damage is about to be nerfed. Maybe it's time to address the other massive issue in PvP-type fighting and reduce the duration and ability to spam boons.

** I'm referring the ability to use a boon again once it has expired, not the actual boon titled Regeneration.

@Ronin.4501 said:NERF THE BOONS. NERF THE BOONS. NERF THE BOONS. There are too many classes/builds that run around with seemingly permanent boons, and it's never just 1 or 2 boons, it's 4, 5, 6 or more. Almost no class has a decent boonstrip (and even those that do have woefully long cooldowns compared to boon regeneration on several classes). And it's a bit ridiculous when you can have a single ranger class or elementalist class that can fight 1v3, 1v4, 1v5 and get away without a scratch due to the massive amount of boon spamming/regeneration. It seems the only solution is to run in bigger groups (to handle a single player, which seems rather absurd), but then again that's become an issue for more and more of us as the server-side lag in WvW has gotten almost untenable for a lot of us.

Power has been nerfed, and now condition damage is about to be nerfed. Maybe it's time to address the other massive issue in PvP-type fighting and reduce the duration and ability to spam boons.

** I'm referring the ability to use a boon again once it has expired, not the actual boon titled Regeneration.

Ding ding ding winner winner chicken dinner.It will be ignored as usual.Also boons->scourge corruption->engineer purity of purpose->rinse repeat.

@XenesisII.1540 said:

@Ronin.4501 said:NERF THE BOONS. NERF THE BOONS. NERF THE BOONS. There are too many classes/builds that run around with seemingly permanent boons, and it's never just 1 or 2 boons, it's 4, 5, 6 or more. Almost no class has a decent boonstrip (and even those that do have woefully long cooldowns compared to boon regeneration
on several classes). And it's a bit ridiculous when you can have a single ranger class or elementalist class that can fight 1v3, 1v4, 1v5 and get away without a scratch due to the massive amount of boon spamming/regeneration
. It seems the only solution is to run in bigger groups (to handle a single player, which seems rather absurd), but then again that's become an issue for more and more of us as the server-side lag in WvW has gotten almost untenable for a lot of us.

Ding ding ding winner winner chicken dinner.It will be ignored as usual.Also boons->scourge corruption->engineer purity of purpose->rinse repeat.

Yeah that needs to go, and go soon.

The conversion / corruption game realy needs to be pulled back in the type of boons and condis they give. Mostly they need to remove Aegis Alacrity Stability and resistance from condi to boons and fear poisoned slow and torment from boons to condi.

@Svarty.8019 said:Would you say boons extend fights or shorten them in aggregate? What's your overall goal? Personally, I would like longer fights.I'm all for longer fights as well, but there are some builds that can essentially keep the boons going almost permanently and simply take no damage whilst doling out high dps themselves. I've had more than my share of fights where neither of us can do enough damage to the other (in part because of boons) and after 5 minutes or so we both eventually go our separate ways. I don't have a problem with that. My issue are the fights where it's ONE PLAYER with a build that can spam boons endlessly fighting 4-5 enemy players and still taking next to no damage throughout the fight. And I've simply seen too many eles and rangers who run builds like that to believe that it's a hack.

Darn, and here I thought the OP was gonna be talking about the uncapped amount of targets in all reflects. Like from walls, and magnetic aura spam. Something that hasn't aligned with ANET's desire to cap many other aoe abilities in previous balance passes. Guess I'll have to try again!

D:

Half the problem is that "stack by duration" is bad mechanic and almost every Boon and Condition that uses it is overpowered as a result. All Boons should stack in intensity, starting at about 1/5th what they are now, and the healing malus of Poison and the effects of Weakness should also stack in intensity (just one application of either Condition shouldn't cripple an opponent completely).

Not only would this make Boons like Retaliation more manageable, it'd make others like Regeneration more useful.

@"Hannelore.8153" said:Half the problem is that "stack by duration" is bad mechanic and almost every Boon and Condition that uses it is overpowered as a result. All Boons should stack in intensity, starting at about 1/5th what they are now, and the healing malus of Poison and the effects of Weakness should also stack in intensity (just one application of either Condition shouldn't cripple an opponent completely).

Not only would this make Boons like Retaliation more manageable, it'd make others like Regeneration more useful.

I agree with this 100%.

@Ronin.4501 said:NERF THE BOONS. NERF THE BOONS. NERF THE BOONS. There are too many classes/builds that run around with seemingly permanent boons, and it's never just 1 or 2 boons, it's 4, 5, 6 or more. Almost no class has a decent boonstrip (and even those that do have woefully long cooldowns compared to boon regeneration on several classes). And it's a bit ridiculous when you can have a single ranger class or elementalist class that can fight 1v3, 1v4, 1v5 and get away without a scratch due to the massive amount of boon spamming/regeneration. It seems the only solution is to run in bigger groups (to handle a single player, which seems rather absurd), but then again that's become an issue for more and more of us as the server-side lag in WvW has gotten almost untenable for a lot of us.

You benefit from boons too... what’s the problem here?

Peeps can’t handle simple stuff like support, down state, tanks..., so I can only image the forums if the devs actually made real improvements to support designs and mechanics.

And if peeps can’t handle a 3,4,5v1 that’s not an issue with the game, that’s an issue with the 3,4,5 players.

@GDchiaScrub.3241 said:Darn, and here I thought the OP was gonna be talking about the uncapped amount of targets in all reflects. Like from walls, and magnetic aura spam. Something that hasn't aligned with ANET's desire to cap many other aoe abilities in previous balance passes. Guess I'll have to try again!

D:

That also has been talked about forever, but we are too busy (not) buying mount skins and overpriced templates.