Lost 15 AP from Halloween patch

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Malediktus.9250 said:OK. Mystery solved. "Seeker of Truth and Knowledge" was reset for everyone and also reduced from 15 to 7 AP. This is simpy unacceptable. The expansion was very stingy on new AP already and then you do this to us.

What ap tab is it listed under? I can't find it anywhere, but I know I did it first time

@Malediktus.9250 said:OK. Mystery solved. "Seeker of Truth and Knowledge" was reset for everyone and also reduced from 15 to 7 AP. This is simpy unacceptable. The expansion was very stingy on new AP already and then you do this to us.

I second that. For us, achievement hunters, we put our time and effort to make all the achievements and seeing them just go away even by 1 AP that it would be, it's upsetting. I'm always feeling anet neglecting the actual veterans of guild wars that take the time to play through everything and then gets all thrown away for new players. I get that anet wants more players for the game.. but what makes the game, it's those who stay because those are the people that give the good publicity for those that never played. I played gw1 and gw2 only has 1% of what gw1 was all about, yet I stayed (it's different yet familiar)... They made the core free for new players and making them only pay 50€ for HoT, while veterans payed 100€ total (and I'm not counting PoF because at least I had the chance to pay 30€ for it and they didn't made HoT free), I had one-time-event-only items storaged to sell them when I needed the gold to buy new items... and got screwed by the 5th anniversary gem boxes that made those items a 10th of the price they were without ppl actually fighting for said items... And now the AP... seriously?! what's the point of playing the game to get everything and then just give it away and also taking away from those who actually play it? I feel underappreciated and sometimes punished for being committed to this game.Sorry for my input here but I feel that I needed to just say it. I like the game but I feel the "game" doesn't like me.

@Sefer.9618 said:I already did it and now I can't see it anymore. Do I have to do it again?Unless you're in a rush, I'd wait. My guess is that it's a bug and can/will be resolved by ANet in an upcoming patch (worst case, probably when Halloween ends in 3 weeks; best case: whenever they HotFix anything else that went kablooey just now).

Or let me rephrase: I'm not going to re-do it until/unless ANet says that's the only way to fix things.

@Malediktus.9250 said:OK. Mystery solved. "Seeker of Truth and Knowledge" was reset for everyone and also reduced from 15 to 7 AP.Nice detective work! I'm impressed you figured it out so quickly.

This is simpy unacceptable. The expansion was very stingy on new AP already and then you do this to us.Or you know, it's a bug and simply reporting it will (eventually) result in it being fixed.

@Malediktus.9250 said:Why would it be a bug after finding out they lowered the AP of the achievement? I believed that it was a bug, too, until I saw they also changed the AP of it. Too much of a coincidence to not be intended.

It could be a variety of bugs that caused both symptoms. It's not any sort of coincidence without knowing the root cause.I think ANet should address this and I hope they make a public comment about whether it's a bug and (ideally) whether it's something they can fix quickly or not.

I'm not going to assume that this is worth getting outraged about, especially since there are so many things in RL (and perhaps even in game) that we know are, without doubt, big deals. It's your blood pressure if you want to worry about it immediately.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Malediktus.9250 said:Why would it be a bug after finding out they lowered the AP of the achievement? I believed that it was a bug, too, until I saw they also changed the AP of it. Too much of a coincidence to not be intended.

It could be a variety of bugs that caused both symptoms. It's not any sort of coincidence without knowing the root cause.I think ANet should address this and I hope they make a public comment about whether it's a bug and (ideally) whether it's something they can fix quickly or not.

I'm not going to assume that this is worth getting outraged about, especially since there are so many things in RL (and perhaps even in game) that we know are, without doubt, big deals. It's your blood pressure if you want to worry about it immediately.The only possibility is that it was pushed to live servers by mistake. The 0 and 1s in the achievement tier database do not change on their own.

@Malediktus.9250 said:

I'm not going to assume that this is worth getting outraged about, especially since there are so many things in RL (and perhaps even in game) that we know are, without doubt, big deals. It's your blood pressure if you want to worry about it immediately.The only possibility is that it was pushed to live servers by mistake. The 0 and 1s in the achievement tier database do not change on their own.

There are tons of possibilities. There's zero chance a change can be pushed to servers by mistake unless that change was somehow in the code that was pushed, so it's a minimum more complicated. Sure there are 0s and 1s, but there are all sorts of ways that stuff gets changed. But we don't know. We have no facts upon which to base an opinion, just speculation. Why not wait til we learn more and save your outrage for something else?

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Malediktus.9250 said:

There are tons of possibilities. There's zero chance a change can be pushed to servers by mistake unless that change was somehow in the code that was pushed, so it's a minimum more complicated. Sure there are 0s and 1s, but there are all sorts of ways that stuff gets changed. But we don't know. We have no facts upon which to base an opinion, just speculation. Why not wait til we learn more and save your outrage for something else?

Ok so the achievement has 15 tiers which used to give 1 AP each, now it is 0,0,1,0,0,0,0,1,1,1,0,0,1,1,1 which equals 7 in total. The chance that a bug caused half of the tiers to change to 0 by a bug is almost zero. If it were just reset and nothing else changed I would have agreed with you.

If you're an achievement hunter you didn't lose an advantage, everyone else lost the AP too.

@Coulter.2315 said:

If you're an achievement hunter you didn't lose an advantage, everyone else lost the AP too.

This is totally not the point.As an achievement hunter and a completionist, I've considered the story achievements done a couple of weeks ago, but now I have to redo one for a "counting mistake" from ArenaNet? Nobody would nor should consider this a good way to manage things like this.A simply fix would be checking if we have the minipet from the reward unlocked and giving us back the achievement as it should be.

I'd like to know what the deal is here as well. I had the achievement done (I have the mini sunspear kormir to show for it) and now it's gone. And people say it's 7ap instead of the 15ap it was on POF launch.If it's intended, I would like to know the reasoning behind this, but I won't hold my breath. More importantly I want a confirmation from Anet that this is indeed intended so I can just get the damn thing done, AGAIN, and waste time and get less than half the ap for no good reason.

Well actually we gained ap, they lowered Seeker of Truth and Knowledge from 15 to 7 ap but they also added 2 new PoF achi in Vabbi for a total of 5 and 10 ap. So we lost 8 ap but gained 15 for a total of 7 ap of true gain.The right thing to complain is that instead of lowering the already-done achi, they resetted it forcing people to do it again.

Archived