A questions about Necro, Ranger and gold farm

Hello all. I have a problem choosing this one and only character. I have both characters at level 80 with unlocked elite specializations from PoF and HoT. I play both of them well, although the ranger seems to be a more interesting character to me, although I prefer necro on PvP. I would like to focus on just one so far, so my question is:Which character works better on fractals, raids, etc.?I would be grateful if you could provide interesting and proven builds for open world, fractals, because I've heard that metabattle are out of date.The second question will be about gold.Where and how can I farm gold? I have Hot, PoF, LW3 and LW4.

Thank you in advance for your answer. Greetings.

for class. both of them is fine. depends on what ur team needs. if ur team needs dps then reaper. if ur team needs support then it can be scourge or druid. it really depends on ur build and ur team conditions. use whatever class u think is the most enjoyable.

for build i dont really know, i just use metabattle then change some little things to my liking. they still work fine i think. never done raid but i usually do strike mission with my guildies and the mirage build that i get from metabattle works just fine even tho i use full exotics.

for gold farming. im not quite sure cause im still tryin to find some good place my self. i usually run ab meta and pylons event. and sometimes sw. it gives me a pretty good amount of gold. but not too much like people say about 20 gold/h or something. some people say dragonfall is the best place to farm gold rn cause u can use the currency to buy t6 mats then sell it.

Scourge - I farm meta events that have a lot of mobs to tag. SW, Istant, etc..

My Build. - http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PSxAYtjlVwuYhsEmJWOX6vSA-zRJYmKFgY+SJyCoyEojQIkIwnB-e

The purpose of the build is to tag as many mobs as possible and let you stay at range. You're going to be doing a lot of weapon swapping and that's where the Sigil of Geomancy and Doom come into play. The first thing I do is target a champ since it'll be the last thing to die, use Bane Signet, then Epidemic to spread the condi around to the other mobs. I use Well of Power to give the melee Stability since knockdown is a bane to them and Might, because yeah, more Might. I chose Ghastly Breach for my elite because that's even more condi and with Runes of Krait, every time you use an elite skill, that's even more condi. Tab target to other mobs and use Grasping Dead and Enfeebling Blood for more AOE. Swap to staff and use marks. If you get loaded up with condi, use Deathly Swarm on your dagger offhand or Putrid Mark from your staff and just slide it someone's back pocket.

I went Scourge for even more AOE condi because of the shades, and you have some more support to give with Sand Cascade. Be sure to keep using the Bane Signet on a tough mob and Epi it around for more tagging. Use your cooldowns at the right times to blight the area till you can't see the ground and when it's over, just saunter around and pick up your loot. Or if you have the high enough ranks in Pact Commander make sure you have bag space.

Fractals/Raids: I would say ranger is in a better spot for this section. They have really top tier performance in a lot of different roles (Power DPS, Condi DPS, Support/Healer, Hand kite etc.) so you have large build diversity to choose from. If you are interested in raid builds or fractal builds I suggest checking these sites:https://snowcrows.com/benchmarks/ (Raids)https://discretize.eu/builds (Fractals)

Open World Farming: I'd say its 55/45 in favor of Scourge just because they have more AOE so you can nonchalantly hit all mobs during events. That said, you can still hit all mobs with rangers you just have to pay more attention. For solo open world, I personally prefer ranger as you have a lot more mobility (with soulbeast spec) and if all else fails, you can let your pet tank and just sit back with a longbow.

For open world builds, I personally just use the power dps slb build for raids. If you feel like you need more sustain, you can swap out some zerker pieces for more toughness, but definitely not necessary. And bring a longbow instead of the double melee rotation. For me, I feel that in open world scenarios, offense is your greatest defense, so if you can instantly burst down mobs, you don't need to worry about them attacking you. =)

Gold:

• For gold, I think the easiest thing you can do is your dailies. You can make like 50 gold every day for just 30 min of work. You can use this site to track your dailies: https://gw2efficiency.com/daily. Find some that you don't mind doing and just keep at it. The key is persistence. To make things easier if you have multiple characters, you can just park them at certain locations to complete dailies every day.
  • After Dailies, I would suggest doing Fractals and Dungeons. If you get a really good group you can complete these in an hour or two and it nets you pretty solid gold. If you can't find people for dungeons or don't have time, I'd focus on Fractals as it provides better gold and access to better endgame equipment. Unfortunately, you won't start seeing huge gains till t4 fractals which takes a decent investment to gear up for so its worth slowly prepping for that.
  • If you would prefer farming, you can do the AB/SW (RIBA)/ and Istan runs (You can also do Tangled Depths but its usually not as populated). You can use this site to plan out the events you want to participate in: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Event_timers. I think usually, u can go from Auric Basin to Istan then to Silverwastes and get the chests, but a lot of times the maps are full so be wary of that.
  • Outside of those three, you can do your weekly Raid paths for some gold and PVP.

For more info these guys have great guides: https://fast.farming-community.eu/#/

Overall, I'd say just play what you enjoy. GW2 naturally rewards you for just playing the game so overtime you'll have enough gold for everything that you intend to do.Good luck!

@"Drakar.2489" said:Hello all. I have a problem choosing this one and only character. I have both characters at level 80 with unlocked elite specializations from PoF and HoT. I play both of them well, although the ranger seems to be a more interesting character to me, although I prefer necro on PvP. I would like to focus on just one so far, so my question is:Which character works better on fractals, raids, etc.?I would be grateful if you could provide interesting and proven builds for open world, fractals, because I've heard that metabattle are out of date.The second question will be about gold.Where and how can I farm gold? I have Hot, PoF, LW3 and LW4.

Thank you in advance for your answer. Greetings.

Open world: necro - necro is able to sustain far better, has better AoE, and can solo group event bosses with more ease (pets on ranger have been nerfed quite hard, and in some cases mobs will flat out ignore them like with druid). Necro is also better for tagging mobs with the use of staff/scourge/core death shroud/reaper cleave. Misconception is that rangers longbow is a good tagging tool but it's better at single target burst. I personally find that longbow was designed primarily with PvP in mind (tools for repositioning, zoning/area denial/burst-force dodge).

Fractals and raids: I would say ranger has the edge. With druid being a sought after healer for organized groups in raids, but also has the flexibility of a pretty high burst power DPS build with soulbeast and Gs-dagger/axe. Both of which fall into meta comps. You can find these builds on snowcrows with DPS/build comparisons and what bosses certain builds are meta on. Necro although it doesn't fall into "meta", is still a good choice for both of those environments. Reaper is great on high level fractals and easy to play. Heal scourge can save a bad/struggling group in raids/strikes. So I wouldn't count it out either.

Can't help much with the gold thing, I usually just play what's fun.