Bear & Raven armour – designers being stingy — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Living World

Bear & Raven armour – designers being stingy

AllNightPlayer.1286AllNightPlayer.1286 Member ✭✭✭
edited May 26, 2020 in Living World

Come on, ANet! First we get an only 5 piece armour set and now the Bear’s armour only has 4 pieces—missing gloves and shoulders.
You do remember, that an armour set always contains 6 pieces (well, actually 7 (breathing apparatus))? Or did you forget this by making all those outfits?

Comments

  • kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Too difficult is not the same as not profitable enough when weighed against resources and other expenditures.

    I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

  • Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Maybe those are going to be released later on? It wouldn't be the first time and armour set has been released a few pieces at a time over different episodes. Although I think they usually do it the other way around, starting with the smaller pieces and then building up to the chest and legs.

    Danielle Aurorel, Desolation EU. Mini Collector

    "You can run like a river, Till you end up in the sea
    And you run till night is black, And keep on going in your dreams
    And you know all the long while, It's the journey that you seek
    It's the miles of moving forward, With the wind beneath your wings"

  • Raknar.4735Raknar.4735 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 26, 2020

    They are probably like that because they are actually old npc sets. To give the npcs easier/matching aesthetics they designed some pieces as one-piece items (Bear gloves, shoulders and chest are linked, chest without the gloves would be weird / would need an alternate model ).
    Same thing with other old pieces, Sylvari Light T2 covers shoulders, Dry Bones helmet comes with shoulders as a one-piece.

    I'd guess we'll also get the Snow Leopard and the Wolf Shaman sets in some future releases.

    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Wolf_Shaman

    Wolf Shaman will most likely be another 5-Piece set, since the shoulders are linked to the chest, but the gloves are extra, unlike with the Bear Shaman set.

    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Snow_Leopard_Shaman

    Same for Snow Leopard, 5-Piece since shoulders and chest are linked.
    Edit: Looking at Snow Leopard again, it could be a 6-Piece. The male variant makes it look like shoulders were designed separately.

    You have a heart of gold. Don't let them take it from you.
    Remaster confirmed! Umbasa!

  • Pifil.5193Pifil.5193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Zeivu.3615 said:
    God forbid they didn't add the two parts of the set 90% people don't care about.

    Wait, what? Citation needed.

  • Ben K.6238Ben K.6238 Member ✭✭✭✭

    This armour set seems to cover the hands and shoulders, so there's not much point making players farm for skins that won't be visible. I'd suggest hiding those two pieces if you're not already doing so.

  • Lonewolf Kai.3682Lonewolf Kai.3682 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Danikat.8537 said:
    Maybe those are going to be released later on? It wouldn't be the first time and armour set has been released a few pieces at a time over different episodes. Although I think they usually do it the other way around, starting with the smaller pieces and then building up to the chest and legs.

    There’s even a gem store armor sets that is an offender here: look at the Etherbound stuff. There’s only shoulders, hands, and feet. I will however give them the benefit of a doubt that they will slowly finish the set considering how they release each piece separately. At least thats my hope.

    “Be like water”-Bruce Lee

  • Zeivu.3615Zeivu.3615 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 28, 2020

    @Excursion.9752 said:

    @Zeivu.3615 said:
    The game programmers have issues making armor sets that work on all five races and layer properly. In turn, it's easier favor of outfits which are easier and more profitable to program. They are going the extra mile and putting in new armor skins. God forbid they didn't add the two parts of the set 90% people don't care about.

    Love how we as consumers can let ourselves rationalize excuses for things we take no part in. Incomplete is Incomplete. We all are aware of how hard it is for them to make armor fit with all classes. That's why we have all of these Outfit Moo Moo's they keep bombarding us with in the gem store. To be frank I'm tired of our community accepting "It's to difficult" as an excuse.

    The devs gave something the community blatantly asked for: More Armor sets without locking them behind a paywall. And you are chomping down on that hand? With this attitude, I will not blame Anet should they stuff more things in the gemstore than an average GOTCHAs out there. I am sure their stockholders will prefer that instead of meeting you in the middle.

    Btw, GWEN had several sets in gw1 that were both incomplete and couldn't be added to the Hall of Monuments for rewards. I don't remember this much salt there.

  • Excursion.9752Excursion.9752 Member ✭✭✭

    @Zeivu.3615 said:

    @Excursion.9752 said:

    @Zeivu.3615 said:
    The game programmers have issues making armor sets that work on all five races and layer properly. In turn, it's easier favor of outfits which are easier and more profitable to program. They are going the extra mile and putting in new armor skins. God forbid they didn't add the two parts of the set 90% people don't care about.

    Love how we as consumers can let ourselves rationalize excuses for things we take no part in. Incomplete is Incomplete. We all are aware of how hard it is for them to make armor fit with all classes. That's why we have all of these Outfit Moo Moo's they keep bombarding us with in the gem store. To be frank I'm tired of our community accepting "It's to difficult" as an excuse.

    The devs gave something the community blatantly asked for: More Armor sets without locking them behind a paywall. And you are chomping down on that hand? With this attitude, I will not blame Anet should they stuff more things in the gemstore than an average GOTCHAs out there. I am sure their stockholders will prefer that instead of meeting you in the middle.

    Btw, GWEN had several sets in gw1 that were both incomplete and couldn't be added to the Hall of Monuments for rewards. I don't remember this much salt there.

    So with that logic we should be fine with things that are not fully finished? Then why release it at all? Why not just wait until it is complete then? While others are willing to accept this excuse it does not mean I have to lower my standards.

    There is no stopping items coming to the gem store that is what keeps this game going. I spend money every month to help support the game. So I personally have no problem with these GOTCHAs you speak of.

    There was a time when one of my biggest rubs with this game was the inability to dye back items and recently that has changed. That was also one of the items the community vivaciously defended ANETwith the whole "its to hard" or "it's not worth their time" defense. Just because it takes some work never means it was not worth it.

    It is just very disappointing to me when they do finally add new armor to this game they are leaving pieces out. When was the last time an Outfit was incomplete?

                                                              There is a 50% chance you will not agree with me and a 50% chance I will not agree with you
    
  • mindcircus.1506mindcircus.1506 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Excursion.9752 said:
    It is just very disappointing to me when they do finally add new armor to this game they are leaving pieces out. When was the last time an Outfit was incomplete?

    We have seen more full armor sets added to this game in the past year and a half than at any time outside of a paid expansion. Even if you only count Elegy/Requiem and Mistshard/Blossoming as one set each, Arenanet has added a LOT of armor sets to this game recently. Lets also keep in mind that they have been pretty high quality stuff.
    ON TOP of that they have been adding little one offs and partial sets.
    I mean that's in addition to the highest rate of in game earnable full sets.

    I really don't get the disappointment or consumerist outrage.
    It's not like they didn't say it was a partial set in the hype trailer.

    @AllNightPlayer.1286 said:
    You do remember, that an armour set always contains 6 pieces

    Wurmslayers, Corsair, a few others come to mind as examples that prove this statement wrong.

    "We recognize that some players are not able to complete all content." Gaile Gray 01.10.19

  • Thornwolf.9721Thornwolf.9721 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Zeivu.3615 said:
    The game programmers have issues making armor sets that work on all five races and layer properly. In turn, it's easier favor of outfits which are easier and more profitable to program. They are going the extra mile and putting in new armor skins. God forbid they didn't add the two parts of the set 90% people don't care about. If anyone is greedy here, it's you.

    coming from someone playing a race who likely has more armor that fits them like the humans are the sylvari this claim is easy to make. As a norn exclusive player these are the armors I've wanted since launch. The amount of pieces I don't care about but them not sprucing them up and making them current day worthy, and not making them at least on the same level as some of the other new cosmetics I do mind. The core model is there, could it kill you to make it look more natural? A touch up would of been well welcomed.

  • AllNightPlayer.1286AllNightPlayer.1286 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 28, 2020

    @mindcircus.1506 said:

    @AllNightPlayer.1286 said:
    You do remember, that an armour set always contains 6 pieces

    Wurmslayers, Corsair, a few others come to mind as examples that prove this statement wrong.

    These armour pieces were introduced in the later game.
    Also, your mentioned pieces as well as other “Gem Shop”-only pieces were never meant as full sets. The Raven and Bear armour however were advertised as armour sets. So, I expect 6 pieces to earn/buy.

  • Eloc Freidon.5692Eloc Freidon.5692 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Not only is the medium version of the Raven armor is bugged, but now the bear set doesn't let you use gloves and shoulders. Disappointing inconsistencies.

  • mindcircus.1506mindcircus.1506 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 28, 2020

    @AllNightPlayer.1286 said:

    @mindcircus.1506 said:

    @AllNightPlayer.1286 said:
    You do remember, that an armour set always contains 6 pieces

    Wurmslayers, Corsair, a few others come to mind as examples that prove this statement wrong.

    These armour pieces were introduced in the later game.
    Also, your mentioned pieces as well as other “Gem Shop”-only pieces were never meant as full sets. The Raven and Bear armour however were advertised as armour sets. So, I expect 6 pieces to earn/buy.

    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/may-26-2020/
    The Quote on this page:

    New Rewards
    Unlock two new weapon sets, a four-piece armor set inspired by the ceremonial garb of norn Bear shamans, a new emote, and more!

    It's very clearly advertized as such.
    On, you know.... the advertizing.

    "We recognize that some players are not able to complete all content." Gaile Gray 01.10.19

  • videoboy.4162videoboy.4162 Member ✭✭✭

    As much as I love and try to support this game, the whole armor situation is something I've had an issue with for years. Devs have been quick to mention that their systems make it very time consuming and less profitable to make full armor sets. If the systems are that bad, then they should have been rebuilt or replaced years ago with something that allows for faster production and more profit. You don't just keep building on top of a broken foundation, it's not logical.

  • The way the armor sets are created hides the pieces that are missing, don’t they? So it doesn’t really matter, just another skin set. Unless you need a full armor set of something, it doesn’t matter too much. It saves you two transmutes.

  • Felipe.1807Felipe.1807 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @AllNightPlayer.1286 said:
    Come on, ANet! First we get an only 5 piece armour set and now the Bear’s armour only has 4 pieces—missing gloves and shoulders.
    You do remember, that an armour set always contains 6 pieces (well, actually 7 (breathing apparatus))? Or did you forget this by making all those outfits?

    This armor sets are not new, thats the reason, take a walk around Hoelbrak and you will see countless of NPCs wearing that...players being asking for years for Anet to release the Shaman armor sets or whatever you can call it, and they finally did it...a shame that is not cultural set for Norn only and every race can use it now...