The new map is impressive, thanks Anet!

I am really loving the detail on both horizontal and vertical planes of the map. The terrain is lush and full of foliage, and it really gives off a 'deep forest' vibe. This is the kind of attention to detail that we like! I hope the next chapters are like this too.

There is a near constant stream of events to do, and the rewards are nice so we can keep a steady pace without getting bored.

It's a bit too similar to Dragonfall in terms of gameplay (I'd have preferred more Silverwates style, but the wvw elements were a nice touch), but it is a beautiful map. I did quite distracted just looking at foliage and waterfalls...which I am sure is the best thing to do in the middle of a war!!

@"Chaosmade.8732" said:I hate WvW and they add it in PvE content ;( :s :sExcept not really. The theme aside, gameplay wise this map is nothing like WvW. The closest thing to the "WvW experience" in PvE is still following a com in Dragonfall.

It is impressive indeed.Just imagine if they would rework WvW maps to be that good.Flying mounts? no problem, add snipers if they get too close to fortsVehicles, tanks, all of that.

I really hope that XP 3 brings a WvW map that gives new possibilities. Seeing this map. Damn. WvW could be so much fun if some of its mechanics were applied to it.

I love the new map. The storyline is getting interesting too. The amount of difficulty is just right. The lack of voice acting hit hard. The video made by voice actors in quarantine was beautiful. Can't wait for the next issue of living story / saga.

I only had a chance to play on it for about an hour this morning, but it looks like a fun place. At least in comparison to Dragonfall, it's easier to see where you go next rather than looking for event circles to appear to direct you. I also like that between commendations and salvage, at least for now, doing just about everything feels rewarding. Will it end up being the same as Eternal Ice, where you have so much of it you ignore nodes and free chests as they just don't matter? We shall see.

The NPCs are also a cut above the average mob. Those snipers can make flying around mindlessly a dangerous activity, and those ash legion rogues...oof, fun stuff. I was on my Reaper which is naturally tanky and has massive cleave, but I can't wait to see what it's like on my glass DH.

When I first turned up and saw that HUGE sequoia stump I was like "Yes! finally a deep forest". I see Verdant Brink like the Amazon, overgrown and chaotic. What I wanted now was to see is a forest of giants. I think they could of gone further with this and made the trees hundreds of feet tall (like the Bitterfrost but without the snow). You have this amazing world, you just need to push it further, bigger, higher. I still love this zone, I think it looks incredible!!