Snapping Steel FPS drop — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Living World

Snapping Steel FPS drop

Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited May 26, 2020 in Living World

For some reason, as soon as the doors open in this instance, the fps drops to near unplayable levels. I was on about 40-50, then the doors opened and it was 16. It improved the further I went in - got it up to 23 at one point which easier going and then once the sneaky stuff is done, halfway through the next room, fps "snapped" back into normal levels

Anyone else encountered this?

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

Comments

• Donari.5237Donari.5237 Member ✭✭✭✭

This did not happen to me or the person doing the story with me. All was perfectly smooth in every part of the story as best I could tell. At least I didn't feel laggy at all; I don't have any way to check my FPS mid-gaming without stopping and opening the window that shows it and I only do that when I get to slideshow levels of fps drop.

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Donari.5237 said:
    This did not happen to me or the person doing the story with me. All was perfectly smooth in every part of the story as best I could tell. At least I didn't feel laggy at all; I don't have any way to check my FPS mid-gaming without stopping and opening the window that shows it and I only do that when I get to slideshow levels of fps drop.

Yeah it was the slideshow effect I got hence why I monitored the fps numbers, but only in that room. Once I left that first room and moved into the next one, all was smooth again. If I went back into the room, severe fps problems again.

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• I just googled this and found this thread as I had the exact same issue. Went down to like 22 fps just in the first room where you're sneaking around the guards then as soon as I was in the next bit it went back up to normal.