I openly demand to be released as Commander — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Living World

I openly demand to be released as Commander

Kurrilino.2706Kurrilino.2706 Member ✭✭✭
edited May 27, 2020 in Living World

Dear A-Net.

I demand to be released as Comander of this or any fighting force.
When i bought the game i intended to be an adventurer hunting treasures and exploring dark forests and magical places.
I didn't ask or would ever accept to be a leader of an army of any kind.

Especially when i have no deciding power at all. Today i had to witness members of my fighting force executing people openly.
My character was not able to voice my opinion or order it to stop. This is a game has a teen rating for kitten sakes.

Logan came by and i think he would be the perfect person for this kind of atrocities.

I wish this guild i never wanted to be in and the army i don't like best of luck and will be on my way into the next magical forest
to do what i really want to do. Maybe i will build a little cabin right at a lake or a creek.
But i will always look out for a damsel in distress like the little cute Asura in GW1 who was sad that his ears where to short to find a mate,
going to find some special leafs as prosthetics.

THIS is what i signed for.

Sincerely,
a defector (people who played the new map will understand)

<1

Comments

  • anninke.7469anninke.7469 Member ✭✭✭

    I'm not against your suggestion, OP, but only if it does not force me to stop being the commander too. I like the title and I want to keep it. And I see no problem in one army's officer (retired) not having a word in another army.

    Do not fear difficulty. Hard ground makes sore feet.
    All things...grow. And the blossom bothers the weed.
    Act with wisdom and axe.

  • Tsakhi.8124Tsakhi.8124 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 27, 2020

    Having beaten the chapter, Smodur just rubbed me the wrong way the whole the way through; I knew he was going to do something stupid...

    I decided to not drop the grenade but did so anyway because of the plot. It almost alludes to the illusion of choice we see every day. We hold the grenade and we'll eventually get tired and drop it...


    Mistakes don't define us, solutions do.

    You're never alone in this world that's forever shifting, nor alone on this path unwinding.

    i like celery


  • Pifil.5193Pifil.5193 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 27, 2020

    @Tsakhi.8124 said:
    Having beaten the chapter, Smodur just rubbed me the wrong way the whole the way through; I knew he was going to do something stupid...

    I decided to not drop the grenade but did so anyway because of the plot. It almost alludes to the illusion of choice we see every day. We hold the grenade and we'll eventually get tired and drop it...

    You didn't drop it in that case, Rytlock took it and dropped it.

  • Tsakhi.8124Tsakhi.8124 Member ✭✭✭

    Freakin' Monnnnniiiikkkaaaaa...I mean Rytlock.


    Mistakes don't define us, solutions do.

    You're never alone in this world that's forever shifting, nor alone on this path unwinding.

    i like celery


  • Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @sevenDEADLY.5281 said:
    You must be fun at parties.

    For being a pacifist? What does that have to do with one's ability to have fun?

  • @Kurrilino.2706 said:
    Dear A-Net.

    I demand to be released as Comander of this or any fighting force.
    When i bought the game i intended to be an adventurer hunting treasures and exploring dark forests and magical places.
    I didn't ask or would ever accept to be a leader of an army of any kind.

    Especially when i have no deciding power at all. Today i had to witness members of my fighting force executing people openly.
    My character was not able to voice my opinion or order it to stop. This is a game has a teen rating for kitten sakes.

    Logan came by and i think he would be the perfect person for this kind of atrocities.

    I wish this guild i never wanted to be in and the army i don't like best of luck and will be on my way into the next magical forest
    to do what i really want to do. Maybe i will build a little cabin right at a lake or a creek.
    But i will always look out for a damsel in distress like the little cute Asura in GW1 who was sad that his ears where to short to find a mate,
    going to find some special leafs as prosthetics.

    THIS is what i signed for.

    Sincerely,
    a defector (people who played the new map will understand)

    The real issue i have with this is the fact that you knew that when you sighed up for any game that whatever the story you were gonna be giving was the story you were going to play out as. Not at any point was this made unclear, pretending otherwise is kitten. If you dont like the story that is being handed to you dont play it. When at any point were you giving an opinion to decicde where the story goes you been playing this game for 7 years.

  • Tekoneiric.6817Tekoneiric.6817 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I'd like to a see a non-commander story path for alt characters. Shortened story would be fine and maybe have the character orbit around the most current story line going on side missions to clean up in the commander's wake. The character would get to hear the positive and negative views by NPCs of the commander and main NPC characters. They wouldn't have to go all the way back but rather pick up where the current most LW episode when they started that path. Show the commander as a seasoned NPC the way we saw Eir when first creating our commander character.

  • misterman.1530misterman.1530 Member ✭✭✭

    Actually, I agree. From the introduction of Traherne in the Personal Story, right through to now, the player character is nothing more than a sidekick. The "choice" near the end of this living story could have been handled better. But it wasn't. It's like Mass Effect 3's ending all over. Choice never mattered - the story is linear.

  • mindcircus.1506mindcircus.1506 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @misterman.1530 said:
    Actually, I agree. From the introduction of Traherne in the Personal Story, right through to now, the player character is nothing more than a sidekick. The "choice" near the end of this living story could have been handled better. But it wasn't. It's like Mass Effect 3's ending all over. Choice never mattered - the story is linear.

    Choice never mattered in this or any other theme park MMORPG. Choice is to expensive to develop in a story/narrative driven MMO. It means that massive amounts of work/details/assets go unviewed by significant portions of the audience.
    The two most notable MMOs that purported to offer choice in the narrative during their pre launch puff pieces, this one and SWTOR, were forced to funnel all choice into a single narrative path.
    Looking to this genre for "choices that matter" is like asking why there aren't more vegetarian options at Chik-fil-a.

    "We recognize that some players are not able to complete all content." Gaile Gray 01.10.19

  • misterman.1530misterman.1530 Member ✭✭✭

    @mindcircus.1506 said:

    @misterman.1530 said:
    Actually, I agree. From the introduction of Traherne in the Personal Story, right through to now, the player character is nothing more than a sidekick. The "choice" near the end of this living story could have been handled better. But it wasn't. It's like Mass Effect 3's ending all over. Choice never mattered - the story is linear.

    Choice never mattered in this or any other theme park MMORPG. Choice is to expensive to develop in a story/narrative driven MMO. It means that massive amounts of work/details/assets go unviewed by significant portions of the audience.
    The two most notable MMOs that purported to offer choice in the narrative during their pre launch puff pieces, this one and SWTOR, were forced to funnel all choice into a single narrative path.
    Looking to this genre for "choices that matter" is like asking why there aren't more vegetarian options at Chik-fil-a.

    It can be done in a minor way though. I don't want to spoil anything, but if you are given a choice between A or B, and the game definitely needs A, but you choose B, they simply tie up that loose end prior to ending the story instance. For instance, they can change some dialog, make a few minor adjustments to the reactions of various NPCs, but ultimately, it ends up the same as if you chose A. At least that gives a semblance of "choice". Obviously, we can't change the outcome of the story in any fundamental way.

  • Kulvar.1239Kulvar.1239 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 27, 2020

    @Solvar.7953 said:
    That is the general problem of an MMO - the story has to follow pretty much the same path for everyone, otherwise content wouldn't work very well if people party up but the choices they made up to that point are not compatible.
    Single player games tend to let one make those choices, because the world is self contained to that single player. But even those tend to have limited choices when it comes to the main storyline.

    @mindcircus.1506 said:

    @misterman.1530 said:
    Actually, I agree. From the introduction of Traherne in the Personal Story, right through to now, the player character is nothing more than a sidekick. The "choice" near the end of this living story could have been handled better. But it wasn't. It's like Mass Effect 3's ending all over. Choice never mattered - the story is linear.

    Choice never mattered in this or any other theme park MMORPG. Choice is to expensive to develop in a story/narrative driven MMO. It means that massive amounts of work/details/assets go unviewed by significant portions of the audience.
    The two most notable MMOs that purported to offer choice in the narrative during their pre launch puff pieces, this one and SWTOR, were forced to funnel all choice into a single narrative path.
    Looking to this genre for "choices that matter" is like asking why there aren't more vegetarian options at Chik-fil-a.

    MMO should avoid making the players part of the main cast of protagonists, or at least not having any authority.
    This way, the players characters are only witnessing other with higher authority making decisions.

  • mindcircus.1506mindcircus.1506 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @misterman.1530 said:

    @mindcircus.1506 said:

    @misterman.1530 said:
    Actually, I agree. From the introduction of Traherne in the Personal Story, right through to now, the player character is nothing more than a sidekick. The "choice" near the end of this living story could have been handled better. But it wasn't. It's like Mass Effect 3's ending all over. Choice never mattered - the story is linear.

    Choice never mattered in this or any other theme park MMORPG. Choice is to expensive to develop in a story/narrative driven MMO. It means that massive amounts of work/details/assets go unviewed by significant portions of the audience.
    The two most notable MMOs that purported to offer choice in the narrative during their pre launch puff pieces, this one and SWTOR, were forced to funnel all choice into a single narrative path.
    Looking to this genre for "choices that matter" is like asking why there aren't more vegetarian options at Chik-fil-a.

    It can be done in a minor way though. I don't want to spoil anything, but if you are given a choice between A or B, and the game definitely needs A, but you choose B, they simply tie up that loose end prior to ending the story instance. For instance, they can change some dialog, make a few minor adjustments to the reactions of various NPCs, but ultimately, it ends up the same as if you chose A. At least that gives a semblance of "choice". Obviously, we can't change the outcome of the story in any fundamental way.

    Sure, and this game has a long proud history of "Semblance of choice".
    I can choose an order to join at level 30... but regardless which one I choose, my mentor is going to die in exactly the same way at Claw Island.
    I can choose my class during character creation and end up in a jail in Istan in LW4.1. The way I break out of that jail may change depending on that choice at character creation, but I am still getting out of that cell.
    But actual choice?
    The OP in this thread has a choice. They can put themselves in the "On rails" personal story or just go RP his character out in the open world doing exactly what he said he wanted to do in the first post.
    "When i bought the game i intended to be an adventurer hunting treasures and exploring dark forests and magical places."
    That choice has always been there. They are just upset that the personal story didn't choose to make them do it.
    The sweet irony of the MMO fan.

    "We recognize that some players are not able to complete all content." Gaile Gray 01.10.19

  • Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 27, 2020

    @Fueki.4753 said:
    If not Commander, what should the NPCs call you?
    Dragon Slayer?
    God Stomper?

    or maybe...

    Poobah?

    That’s

    GRAND Poobah

    To you.

    Thank You for the {MEME}

  • Tails.9372Tails.9372 Member ✭✭✭✭

    You're not a commander anymore, it's just the title people address you with for your role in fighting Zhaitan.

  • mindcircus.1506mindcircus.1506 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Kulvar.1239 said:
    MMO should avoid making the players part of the main cast of protagonists, or at least not having any authority.
    This way, the players characters are only witnessing other with higher authority making decisions.

    MMO players should stop talking in absolutes about what MMOs should do.
    MMOs by their nature need to offer a wide breadth of content to the player in order to be profitable not just conform to @Kulvar.1239 's head cannon.

    "We recognize that some players are not able to complete all content." Gaile Gray 01.10.19

  • Sir Alric.5078Sir Alric.5078 Member ✭✭✭

    @Kurrilino.2706 said:
    Dear A-Net.

    I demand to be released as Comander of this or any fighting force.
    When i bought the game i intended to be an adventurer hunting treasures and exploring dark forests and magical places.
    I didn't ask or would ever accept to be a leader of an army of any kind.

    Especially when i have no deciding power at all. Today i had to witness members of my fighting force executing people openly.
    My character was not able to voice my opinion or order it to stop. This is a game has a teen rating for kitten sakes.

    Logan came by and i think he would be the perfect person for this kind of atrocities.

    I wish this guild i never wanted to be in and the army i don't like best of luck and will be on my way into the next magical forest
    to do what i really want to do. Maybe i will build a little cabin right at a lake or a creek.
    But i will always look out for a damsel in distress like the little cute Asura in GW1 who was sad that his ears where to short to find a mate,
    going to find some special leafs as prosthetics.

    THIS is what i signed for.

    Sincerely,
    a defector (people who played the new map will understand)

    Don't play story then. Problem solved.

  • Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I don't recall us leading an army recently. Smodur led this attack and it was repeatedly stated we were just soldiers following orders. Even against Kralkatorrik and Joko we weren't leading an army, just small scale groups of usually our Guild.

    @Kulvar.1239 said:
    MMO should avoid making the players part of the main cast of protagonists, or at least not having any authority.
    This way, the players characters are only witnessing other with higher authority making decisions.

    I do agree with this. Lotro does it as do some other MMO's and it feels more natural. There we tend have the story weave in and around us rather than us define it like here.

    What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

  • Tukaram.8256Tukaram.8256 Member ✭✭✭

    That is kind of why I have never finished a story in Guild Wars (original or GW2). I enjoy the game, not the stories. I still have fun and ain't missing anything.

  • Quench.7091Quench.7091 Member ✭✭✭

    Maybe in Guild Wars 3. The game is 8 years old. If they ever need to acknowledge the commander's accomplishments in the future, it would be easy for them to do with how things are now.

    They really should've started our characters off easy, though. Our characters are so high up the ranks that they should be at a desk filing paperwork by now. Incoming desk job story mission!

  • Pifil.5193Pifil.5193 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 27, 2020

    @Randulf.7614 said:
    I don't recall us leading an army recently. Smodur led this attack and it was repeatedly stated we were just soldiers following orders. Even against Kralkatorrik and Joko we weren't leading an army, just small scale groups of usually our Guild.

    Yeah, if you want you can say we're an elite group of adventurers that help against the dragons and other threats. Or you can say we're insufferable busy bodies that should have been arrested years ago. I'm sure a lot of the people we meet view us as a little bit of both.

    Imagine Scooby Doo and the gang solving mysteries but also, ya know, murdering people. That's us.

    However, we're not responsible for the actions of Smodur or any of the other military leaders. We're not part of that military or even the pact any more, we're just the commander because it's easier than coming up with another one-size-fits-all honorific especially because having NPCs calling us "boss" was cringy.

  • Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Pifil.5193 said:

    @Randulf.7614 said:
    I don't recall us leading an army recently. Smodur led this attack and it was repeatedly stated we were just soldiers following orders. Even against Kralkatorrik and Joko we weren't leading an army, just small scale groups of usually our Guild.

    Yeah, if you want you can say we're an elite group of adventurers that help against the dragons and other threats. Or you can say we're insufferable busy bodies that should have been arrested years ago. I'm sure a lot of the people we meet view us as a little bit of both.

    Imagine Scooby Doo and the gang solving mysteries but also, ya know, murdering people. That's us.

    However, we're not responsible for the actions of Smodur or any of the other military leaders. We're not part of that military or even the pact any more, we're just the commander because it's easier than coming up with another one-size-fits-all honorific especially because having NPCs calling us "boss" was cringy.

    And they’d have got away with it if it wasn’t for us pesky kids!!

    What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

  • Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Randulf.7614 said:
    I don't recall us leading an army recently. Smodur led this attack and it was repeatedly stated we were just soldiers following orders. Even against Kralkatorrik and Joko we weren't leading an army, just small scale groups of usually our Guild.

    If you've ever joined a 50 person squad in WvW, you know all too well the skill lag you see when the fighting starts...pretty sure we wouldn't want that in PvE ;)

  • Trise.2865Trise.2865 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 27, 2020
    1. War sucks.
    2. They aren't people. They're zombies.
    3. Charr are brutalist and merciless. They wouldn't have listened to your pleas.
    4. You seem to be confusing adventuring with homemaking.
    5. Really, killer? This is where you draw the line? How many thousands of intelligent creatures and people have you carelessly slaughtered for the crimes of "being in your way", "daring to defend their home", or worst of all, "having something you want"? Yet suddenly you care because you bothered to learn a little about them? You never were a "hero", kiddo. You are a murderer, a pillager, an invader... and a hypocrite.

    If we want ANet to step up their game, then we must step up ours.

  • Zaklex.6308Zaklex.6308 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Tails.9372 said:
    You're not a commander anymore, it's just the title people address you with for your role in fighting Zhaitan.

    Actually you're still A commander in The Pact, just not The Commander at this point in time.

    Yes...no...maybe...what do you want, can't you see I'm busy saving the world...AGAIN!

  • Pifil.5193Pifil.5193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Zaklex.6308 said:

    @Tails.9372 said:
    You're not a commander anymore, it's just the title people address you with for your role in fighting Zhaitan.

    Actually you're still A commander in The Pact, just not The Commander at this point in time.

    Actually you do resign from the pact. In Season 3.

    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Research_in_Rata_Novus

    <Character name>: General Soulkeeper, this is quite a surprise. What brings you to Rata Novus?
    General Almorra Soulkeeper: You do, Commander. I've come here to offer you a new position within the Pact.
    General Almorra Soulkeeper: The Marshal rank is...uh...vacant. And we want you to fill it.
    <Character name>: This is an honor.
    General Almorra Soulkeeper: I'm glad you view it in that light. The Pact is hanging on by a thread.
    <Character name>: I see...
    General Almorra Soulkeeper: I can tell you're having your doubts, so let me just be up front about the role.
    General Almorra Soulkeeper: Certain Pact elements feel like Marshal Trahearne's mistake was going out into the field and getting himself killed.
    General Almorra Soulkeeper: The new marshal would be planted safely in an office in Lion's Arch. Still leading the troops, but out of harm's way.
    <Character name>: As flattered as I am by your offer, I'm going to have to respectfully decline, General.
    <Character name>: After our Mordremoth battle, I believe I, Rytlock, and the others would be more effective operating as our own guild.
    General Almorra Soulkeeper: I understand the decision on your early retirement, although I'm disappointed. I still believe in the Pact's goal.
    <Character name>: I do too, and I'll always be ready to lend a hand. It'll just be outside the system.
    Rytlock Brimstone: Out from under a mountain of paperwork, you mean!
    General Almorra Soulkeeper: Laugh it up, no-eyes. I have something for you too.
    General Almorra Soulkeeper: A letter from the Black Citadel. You must've really brushed some higher-ups the wrong way.
    <Character name>: Are you sure you want to just crumple that up and throw it away?
    Rytlock Brimstone: Why not? It's what I did with the last two.
    Taimi: What did I hear? You're not in the Pact anymore? Wait. What do I call you? Pooh-bah?
    <Character name>: Uh, no. How about we just stick with commander for now?
    General Almorra Soulkeeper: Technically, it's a title for life, so you're welcome to it.
    
  • Zaklex.6308Zaklex.6308 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Pifil.5193 said:

    @Zaklex.6308 said:

    @Tails.9372 said:
    You're not a commander anymore, it's just the title people address you with for your role in fighting Zhaitan.

    Actually you're still A commander in The Pact, just not The Commander at this point in time.

    Actually you do resign from the pact. In Season 3.

    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Research_in_Rata_Novus

    <Character name>: General Soulkeeper, this is quite a surprise. What brings you to Rata Novus?
    General Almorra Soulkeeper: You do, Commander. I've come here to offer you a new position within the Pact.
    General Almorra Soulkeeper: The Marshal rank is...uh...vacant. And we want you to fill it.
    <Character name>: This is an honor.
    General Almorra Soulkeeper: I'm glad you view it in that light. The Pact is hanging on by a thread.
    <Character name>: I see...
    General Almorra Soulkeeper: I can tell you're having your doubts, so let me just be up front about the role.
    General Almorra Soulkeeper: Certain Pact elements feel like Marshal Trahearne's mistake was going out into the field and getting himself killed.
    General Almorra Soulkeeper: The new marshal would be planted safely in an office in Lion's Arch. Still leading the troops, but out of harm's way.
    <Character name>: As flattered as I am by your offer, I'm going to have to respectfully decline, General.
    <Character name>: After our Mordremoth battle, I believe I, Rytlock, and the others would be more effective operating as our own guild.
    General Almorra Soulkeeper: I understand the decision on your early retirement, although I'm disappointed. I still believe in the Pact's goal.
    <Character name>: I do too, and I'll always be ready to lend a hand. It'll just be outside the system.
    Rytlock Brimstone: Out from under a mountain of paperwork, you mean!
    General Almorra Soulkeeper: Laugh it up, no-eyes. I have something for you too.
    General Almorra Soulkeeper: A letter from the Black Citadel. You must've really brushed some higher-ups the wrong way.
    <Character name>: Are you sure you want to just crumple that up and throw it away?
    Rytlock Brimstone: Why not? It's what I did with the last two.
    Taimi: What did I hear? You're not in the Pact anymore? Wait. What do I call you? Pooh-bah?
    <Character name>: Uh, no. How about we just stick with commander for now?
    General Almorra Soulkeeper: Technically, it's a title for life, so you're welcome to it.
    

    Technically, reading that, though the impression is that you resign your position within the Pact, and Taimi/General Soulkeeper basically confirm it, you're more of in a reserve role now, not officially part of the Pact, but also not really out of the Pact, just operating independently, at least that's how I interpret it.

    Yes...no...maybe...what do you want, can't you see I'm busy saving the world...AGAIN!

  • HotDelirium.7984HotDelirium.7984 Member ✭✭✭

    lol People...its a parody of the plot and being commander and also of the dichotomy between being the "main character" in an MMO. Its in the form of a relinquishment commentary in all the gray zone. Chuckle at it then cry for the ending of the episode and let's keep gaming!

  • Kulvar.1239Kulvar.1239 Member ✭✭✭

    @Zaklex.6308 said:

    @Tails.9372 said:
    You're not a commander anymore, it's just the title people address you with for your role in fighting Zhaitan.

    Actually you're still A commander in The Pact, just not The Commander at this point in time.

    That's where you're wrong. Commander is a unique title only the player has.

  • Trise.2865Trise.2865 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Kulvar.1239 said:

    @Zaklex.6308 said:

    @Tails.9372 said:
    You're not a commander anymore, it's just the title people address you with for your role in fighting Zhaitan.

    Actually you're still A commander in The Pact, just not The Commander at this point in time.

    That's where you're wrong. Commander is a unique title only the player has.

    Which player?

    If we want ANet to step up their game, then we must step up ours.

  • Fueki.4753Fueki.4753 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Kulvar.1239 said:
    That's where you're wrong. Commander is a unique title only the player has.

    It is not. Trahearne mentioned another commander in one mission in the Silverwastes.

  • TheQuickFox.3826TheQuickFox.3826 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I got a bit of a similar topic more than a year ago:
    I am no Commander, I'm an Adventurer!

    Ascalon Will Prevail!

    GW Wiki user page | GW2 Wiki user page

  • Daishi.6027Daishi.6027 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Kurrilino.2706 said:
    Dear A-Net.

    I demand to be released as Comander of this or any fighting force.
    When i bought the game i intended to be an adventurer hunting treasures and exploring dark forests and magical places.
    I didn't ask or would ever accept to be a leader of an army of any kind.

    You literally have it as a honorary title. Your "goal" that everyone knew who signed up for this game is to slay the dragons, any militant force with the same intention is going to recognize you and support you, even more so after multiple successes.
    (if you didn't know this going in, then you didn't do your research.)

    Especially when i have no deciding power at all. Today i had to witness members of my fighting force executing people openly.
    My character was not able to voice my opinion or order it to stop. This is a game has a teen rating for kitten sakes.

    You are a PACT commander you have 0 authority over any of the Legions. If Canada and US do training missions with EU or Asian allies in their territory, regardless of rank you have 0 authority over what they do. Best you could get is taking it up with your CO.

    I wish this guild i never wanted to be in and the army i don't like best of luck and will be on my way into the next magical forest
    to do what i really want to do. Maybe i will build a little cabin right at a lake or a creek.

    You actually can do this, not physically build a cabin but you can find some empty house and afk in it and not participate in the story, no one will stop you.
    People CHOOSE if they want to play the story or not.

    Sincerely,
    a defector (people who played the new map will understand)

    And if you choose not that's fine, I don't get the point of the spectacle. If this is in jest cool, but you seemed rather indignant about the "atrocities".

  • Kurrilino.2706Kurrilino.2706 Member ✭✭✭

    @sevenDEADLY.5281 said:
    You must be fun at parties.

    Standing up against public executions is party pooping............ Now i heard everything

  • Kurrilino.2706Kurrilino.2706 Member ✭✭✭

    @Tails.9372 said:
    You're not a commander anymore, it's just the title people address you with for your role in fighting Zhaitan.

    Yeah right, this is why i am always asked to sit at the tactic and planing tables every season.
    I guess the hot-dog salesman wasn't available

  • Pifil.5193Pifil.5193 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 27, 2020

    @Kurrilino.2706 said:

    @sevenDEADLY.5281 said:
    You must be fun at parties.

    Standing up against public executions is party pooping............ Now i heard everything

    They weren't public executions, I know because the public wasn't there. It was a military firing squad for deserters and traitors.

    No one was there, no spectators or crowds, the commander just happened to walk by as it was happening.

  • TPMN.1483TPMN.1483 Member ✭✭✭

    This is how it used to happen - deserters would be shot or worse. Seems fine imo.