The Spooky Mounts Question

If someone from Anet or someone else know if buying the Spooky mounts would allow use of them without having to do the story? Im more of a WvW player and only go into PvE on occasion and the story imo is SO bad that i dont really want to do it to get the mounts, so if this package that unlocks the spooky ones would allow me to use the mounts without having to do the terrible story, id be more than happy to buy them.

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:If someone from Anet or someone else know if buying the Spooky mounts would allow use of them without having to do the story? Im more of a WvW player and only go into PvE on occasion and the story imo is SO bad that i dont really want to do it to get the mounts, so if this package that unlocks the spooky ones would allow me to use the mounts without having to do the terrible story, id be more than happy to buy them.

My assumption is that you will have to do the POF story like everyone else to obtain the mounts to use said skins to change their appearance.

These are skins ..... not the mounts themselves.

@JustTrogdor.7892 said:To use the skins you have to unlocked the mounts. Want mounts, have to do PVE to earn them. I don't want to have to do terrible WvW to earn the gift of battle for a legendary, but hey I have to anyway. That's how it works.

Comparing mounts to items for Legendary weapons. Because, they are TOTALLY equal :/

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:

@JustTrogdor.7892 said:To use the skins you have to unlocked the mounts. Want mounts, have to do PVE to earn them. I don't want to have to do terrible WvW to earn the gift of battle for a legendary, but hey I have to anyway. That's how it works.

Comparing mounts to items for Legendary weapons. Because, they are TOTALLY equal :/

Some value one over the other ... its all about preference.

You have to do one story mission to get the raptor, but then you can earn (almost) all of the rest through hearts, so you don't have to complete the story at all to get most of the mounts.

That said, you do need to complete the story to get the griffon. But you can get every other mount after doing just one story mission.

If you value mounts enough you will do what is needed to earn them. Likewise if you value a legendary enough you will do what you need to earn them. It's completely subjective but doesn't change the fact that if you want it enough you'll have to do what it takes whether you like it or not.

@JustTrogdor.7892 said:If you value mounts enough you will do what is needed to earn them. Likewise if you value a legendary enough you will do what you need to earn them. It's completely subjective but doesn't change the fact that if you want it enough you'll have to do what it takes whether you like it or not.

The difference is, i was talking about the item in the Gem store, now knowing that its nothing but a skin for something that you need to have already. makes it pointless to get for me, it also makes it a little on the expensive side. It should be around the 1.2k Gems mark before any sale imo.

@JustTrogdor.7892 said:If you value mounts enough you will do what is needed to earn them. Likewise if you value a legendary enough you will do what you need to earn them. It's completely subjective but doesn't change the fact that if you want it enough you'll have to do what it takes whether you like it or not.

The difference is, i was talking about the item in the Gem store, now knowing that its nothing but a skin for something that you need to have already. makes it pointless to get for me, it also makes it a little on the expensive side. It should be around the 1.2k Gems mark before any sale imo.

Then you are not who Anet has targeted when they released the skins. The skins are for people that use mounts, have gone through the effort to unlock them, and want them for their mounts. Not everything in the gem store will appeal to all players. Heck, I'm not buying them either because they just don't appeal to me.

Archived