Text error in story instance "Turnabout" ?

hugo.4705

Crecia, at a moment say "Think. Bangar's Compromised. He's trying to yoke an elder dragon! This war will get so much worse."Is it really yoke, or the meant term was "woke"? I just think It makes more sense with woke, but that's just my opinion. Or is it meant in the sense to harness it?

Woke doesn't even make sense, as it's the past tense of wake.And Bangar certainly isn't going to make Jormag a believer of "woke culture".

But think about it, what does it mean to yoke an animal?It means to attach said animal to a vehicle or another apparatus, for example attaching a, ox to a plow (or is it plough?) on a farm.

Bangar desires to harness Jormag's power, therefore an verbal analogy to how farmers uses to harness the strength makes perfectly sense.

Therefore, I doubt it was a mistake in the script.

@"Fueki.4753" said:Woke doesn't even make sense, as it's the past tense of wake.And Bangar certainly isn't going to make Jormag a believer of "woke culture".

But think about it, what does it mean to yoke an animal?It means to attach said animal to a vehicle or another apparatus, for example attaching a, ox to a plow (or is it plough?) on a farm.

Bangar desires to harness Jormag's power, therefore an verbal analogy to how farmers uses to harness the strength makes perfectly sense.

Therefore, I doubt it was a mistake in the script.

Hmm interesting, I'd not thought about that use of the word yoke before. Does in a way make sense. I assumed it was wake myself due to some minor spelling errors I'd picked up on, but your explanation seems pretty sound

I agree that it's correctly there as yoke, as in harnessing. I didn't spot any misspellings myself and they normally snag my mind with their irritation. A guildie thought they had found an error in seeing a reference to 'materiel' but that is actually the spelling for military supplies.