Catapults Cause CC so Reduce Their Damage Too?

Justine.6351

With the amazing patch this spring they effectively removed damage from cc skills but forgot things like catapults and trebs. Is it time to balance siege damage to players when they cause cc? I got one shot the other day by a cata somehow, seems it needs fixing.

Do you realize how hard it is to hit players with seige designed to break walls?

I nailed a few people in WvW with a Treb yesterday but i'd be lying if I said it was intentional.. catas and trebs are almost useless again moving players, chances are if your getting hit by them then you're standing on or next to the thing they're shooting at >.<

@Teratus.2859 said:Do you realize how hard it is to hit players with seige designed to break walls?

I nailed a few people in WvW with a Treb yesterday but i'd be lying if I said it was intentional.. catas and trebs are almost useless again moving players, chances are if your getting hit by them then you're standing on or next to the thing they're shooting at >.<

No they were targeting me while I was trying to flip a camp. 3 of them speed built a cata nearby and when the first shot hit me I was just instantly in downed state with no chance to dodge. This needs to be fixed asap before alliances are released.

@Justine.6351 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:How does someone get oneshot by a cata?

Maybe if you are a roamer with glass gear.

I was 3.5k armor and 30k hp. This is my special tank build I use to roam with. It's pretty unkillable except for siege one shots.

Do you have siege mastery defense?

Can you share your build and food?

It could be that the person using has cata mastery

@Justine.6351 said:

@Teratus.2859 said:Do you realize how hard it is to hit players with seige designed to break walls?

No they were targeting me while I was trying to flip a camp. 3 of them speed built a cata nearby and when the first shot hit me I was just instantly in downed state with no chance to dodge. This needs to be fixed asap before alliances are released.

Sounds like they nailed you while you were already weakened by guards..I play a pretty glassy Ranger in WvW and i've never been 1 shot by seige like that, don't think they have the damage to do that.

@Justine.6351 said:

No they were targeting me while I was trying to flip a camp. 3 of them speed built a cata nearby and when the first shot hit me I was just instantly in downed state with no chance to dodge. This needs to be fixed asap before alliances are released.Thats called being
outskilled

@Dawdler.8521 said:

No they were targeting me while I was trying to flip a camp. 3 of them speed built a cata nearby and when the first shot hit me I was just instantly in downed state with no chance to dodge. This needs to be fixed asap before alliances are released.Thats called being
outskilled

Actually, real pros would use a ballista.

@ArchonWing.9480 said:

outskilled

Actually, real pros would use a ballista.Nah they would use a superior treb.

@Fish.2769 said:I can't take this post serious, nothing said by OP adds up to be true enough to believe.... Isnt it the complete opposite, totally believable?

A Catapult can only do that much damage if the player has the masteries, you have no siege defense and its fired from maximum range, all of which are very unlikely scenarios. (They're as likely to have the mastery as you are to have siege defense.)

Even then, to hit near 30k you would need Vulnerability on you from.. somewhere.

@Justine.6351 said:

@Henry.5713 said:Just dodge.

cant if its instant, hits you and you just die...

Then you must dodge FASTER...just aDaPt.

@Justine.6351 said:No they were targeting me while I was trying to flip a camp. 3 of them speed built a cata nearby and when the first shot hit me I was just instantly in downed state with no chance to dodge. This needs to be fixed asap before alliances are released.

I must say though, to speed build a cata vs. someone flipping a camp? I award them style points if nothing else.