Firebrand Open World Build

Exhale.6541

Looking for opinion on my Firebrand build, that i pieced together from several other builds. I know that every build is viable for open world, but e.g. it is easier to play with a Renegade than with a Weaver. Is this build good for open world? If not, what should i change in it?

en.gw2skills.net/editor/?PWCBc%20t7lRwqYQsL2JWyWZveA-zRRYLJfGsBlPIsJjEVVnU1xJIEEwD-e&fbclid=IwAR12Ah8qmIv75JJw5yVo2DgUzEnZnoRL10babT9qDgWR52xYUutIh0QACYA

looks fine to me

i would probably not use unscathed contender (virtues first row) though- retaliatory subconcious for an extra touch of defense as general use, or master of consecrations when running wall of reflection/purging flames (on a specific fight basis, not general use) simply because unscathed contender is really hard to keep up, that said, there's not a whole lot until expansion maps that makes retaliatory subconcious get any use either.personally i'd also run inspiring virtue (virtues second row) because w/ radiance you're gonna get so many tome resets it'll get quite a bit of value, although it's not going to be massive damage because modifiers like that only affect power damage (though cfb does have a fairly large amount of power damage, for a condi build), but absolute resolution is also good- extra cleanse is never a bad thing, especially when its competing traits aren't much better for condi.these are things i'd use out of personal preference, so what you're using is fine.

gear wise it's fine, i wouldn't bother with infusions though- they have such a small effect, even smaller in open world.on your sceptre set i would run focus or no offhand (default to torch) over shield myself, focus 4 will proc your justice passive lots and focus 5 is essentially 3 stacks of "aegis" (the effect isn't aegis, but is functionally identical) as comapared to 4s of protection and 1 actual aegis with sheild 4, sheild 5 is a knockback though but i'd take hammer of wisdom before i swap a weapon out for CC. torch is better for damage than either of those, but focus is a nice in between of damage / defense IMO.

and i'd swap retreat for stand your ground as a default, swiftness has no value in a world full of mounts (except in personal story) and SYG is a stun break + stability, every open world build needs a bit of stun break.

Looks very similar to the standard Condition Firebrand build, just trading ~25% crit chance and a minor amount of Power for 7k more hp. Which is not a bad place to be, in Open World stuff.

My main concern is your Grieving items' Ferocity stat seems kinda wasted, since your best-case crit chance with your buffs going (Fury + Radiant Power) is like ~45%.

Also, for easy and safe open-worlding, you really want at least one easily-accessible stun break. Replace Retreat or Signet of Courage, imo.

@ASP.8093 said:Looks very similar to the standard Condition Firebrand build, just trading ~25% crit chance and a minor amount of Power for 7k more hp. Which is not a bad place to be, in Open World stuff.

My main concern is your Grieving items' Ferocity stat seems kinda wasted, since your best-case crit chance with your buffs going (Fury + Radiant Power) is like ~45%.

Also, for easy and safe open-worlding, you really want at least one easily-accessible stun break. Replace Retreat or Signet of Courage, imo.

What should i use instead of Grieving in those slots? And if i will go with full ascended should i still use Carrion or go with Viper?

I am currently using something similar to your setup, however I have mixed Carrion and Sinister across my equipments.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PWCBc+t7lRweYVMImJWyWavaA-zxQYLlgRK7HV4wIpq6SVnTAAA-eI do a bit of swap in between (Virtues) Retaliatory Subconscious & Master of Concentration when I swapped Mantra of Potence with Consecration skills like Purging Flames/Wall of Reflection. I sometimes do swap Absolute Resolution to Inspiring Virtues for the 10% Damage (Does this effect Condi damage?)

I do sometimes bring this to Fractals as well whenever Quickbrand is not needed from me.