United Legions siege not controllable by owner

Chaba.5410

Coming from WvW, I was surprised to place a United Legions Flame Ram blueprint down and have it not behave like siege in WVW. Someone else hopped on the ram and I couldn't take control of it as the person who placed the blueprint. Since we purchase these things with our own War Supplies, it doesn't make sense why the owner would be locked out of using it.

@Chaba.5410 said:Coming from WvW, I was surprised to place a United Legions Flame Ram blueprint down and have it not behave like siege in WVW. Someone else hopped on the ram and I couldn't take control of it as the person who placed the blueprint. Since we purchase these things with our own War Supplies, it doesn't make sense why the owner would be locked out of using it.

Uh Oh Chaba... Careful how MUCH WvW you inject.. ?

Seems a sensible request considering there are achievements for destroying structures at each location on the map. You put the blueprint down, you should control it, you get the achievements. People who cannot be bothered getting the blueprints via purchase or events shouldn't benefit.

@Jilora.9524 said:Yeah and unlike Wvw you can't retake it from them. The thing is you only care because of the achieve I bet

Such lack of good faith! I didn't know of the achievements when I first posted this. It is simply different behavior from other siege in the game and seemed like an oversight. Rude.

@Jilora.9524 said:Yeah and unlike Wvw you can't retake it from them. The thing is you only care because of the achieve I bet but using those is the worst way just use emp from the waystations and you will get the achieve done faster

And? The siege is already in my bag...they give it to me as a reward, why spend war supplies for things you don't have to?

This morning I dropped a ram at a gate, and before my UI refreshed another player had already jumped on it.

This is just another typical oversight: a simple thing they didn't think of, but at the same time, given all they had to do was copy/pasta the code from the WvW siege, I struggle to find an excuse for it.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@"Jilora.9524" said:Yeah and unlike Wvw you can't retake it from them. The thing is you only care because of the achieve I bet but using those is the worst way just use emp from the waystations and you will get the achieve done faster

And? The siege is already in my bag...they give it to me as a reward, why spend war supplies for things you don't have to?

This morning I dropped a ram at a gate, and before my UI refreshed another player had already jumped on it.

This is just another typical oversight: a simple thing they didn't think of, but at the same time, given all they had to do was copy/pasta the code from the WvW siege, I struggle to find an excuse for it.

What's with the and? The problem is you can't retake them like wvw if your the "owner" The reason not to use what's already in your bag is it's too slow to deploy then use when and emp takes 33 percent off the gate and you get credit then you got inside and emp tents or barricades while the dude's like you are setting up and before you get a hit the stuffs dead so use the emps is a recommendation. Feel free to play how you like