Connectivity issues and constant disconnects on 1 of 4 PCs in household

Wife just got a new laptop. Everything works well but the game has been disconnecting for her ONLY on her new PC constantly. She's either getting an error 58:x:x or 7:x:x after just a few minutes connected. Things I've tried:

Reboots (all components)Assign new IPRe-Install gameSwitch from 5GHZ to 2.4GHZUpdate all driversEnsure required ports are specially open on router.

Are there any other settings I can tweak or try? This makes absolutely no sense to me as the other 3 PCs in the house can connect and hold a connection just fine. There are no other noticeable internet issues with the new PC at all. Thanks for any suggestions; I'm beyond frustrated at this point.

Wireless hardware data:

Manufacturer: Intel CorporationDescription: Intel® Wireless-AC 9560 160MHzDriver version: 21.90.3.2

@"harryob.3704" said:Appears I fixed it. I disabled wireless AC on the new laptop and only allowed it to connect via wireless N. No disconnects since. No idea why this worked though.

How far are your laptop from router and what kind of wireless router are you connecting to get to Internet? What kind of walls and which material are those made out of as walls might also reflect signal. Laptop might have an antenna built into frame to display that could be damaged or faulty in some way or even too small to actually work on AC mode. AC make use of MIMO which means it uses several antenna on router (and device) to be able to get higher bandwidth.

Here is thread from Intels own forum: https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00004Etn40SAB/ac-9560-160mhz-connection-problems-on-5ghz-wifi-with-auto-channel-width?language=en_US

It seem to be the same type of wireless as yours and there where no real answer to why it happened.

802.11AC is sensitive to distance to router as it have higher bandwidth, but drop fast down in signal strength compared to 802.11N. Make sure that it is not set in power saving mode or have it enabled in drivers. It might be that it have too low power (to save battery) to be able to use AC efficient or the manufacture of laptop have set up their own driver to make it look like it can run colder and with less need for power. Radio (all wireless devices is basically built around radio technology) can get rather warm after some time of use and need proper cooling (air circulation) to run without turning down power and speed (bandwidth).

As for being a GW2 PoF problem I would say that you first need to rule out the hardware part. If it is hardware issue, then there are probably other sites that focus more on wireless N and wireless AC then this forum.

Good luck

@ShadowCatz.8437 said:

@"harryob.3704" said:Appears I fixed it. I disabled wireless AC on the new laptop and only allowed it to connect via wireless N. No disconnects since. No idea why this worked though.

How far are your laptop from router and what kind of wireless router are you connecting to get to Internet? What kind of walls and which material are those made out of as walls might also reflect signal. Laptop might have an antenna built into frame to display that could be damaged or faulty in some way or even too small to actually work on AC mode. AC make use of MIMO which means it uses several antenna on router (and device) to be able to get higher bandwidth.

Here is thread from Intels own forum:

It seem to be the same type of wireless as yours and there where no real answer to why it happened.

802.11AC is sensitive to distance to router as it have higher bandwidth, but drop fast down in signal strength compared to 802.11N. Make sure that it is not set in power saving mode or have it enabled in drivers. It might be that it have too low power (to save battery) to be able to use AC efficient or the manufacture of laptop have set up their own driver to make it look like it can run colder and with less need for power. Radio (all wireless devices is basically built around radio technology) can get rather warm after some time of use and need proper cooling (air circulation) to run without turning down power and speed (bandwidth).

As for being a GW2 PoF problem I would say that you first need to rule out the hardware part. If it is hardware issue, then there are probably other sites that focus more on wireless N and wireless AC then this forum.

Good luck

I was in the same room as the router and the PC passed all other stability tests I could throw at it while connected before I went line by line on the wireless card setting and isolated the wireless AC issue. The wireless connection itself never dropped, just the connection to GW2 servers. The router is an Asus RT-AC3200 and I have it set to broadcast at max power.

Odd issue, but hopefully this fix can assist someone else.