Is the Salvage Pile Home Instance Node Intended To Be Character Bound? - Bug Apparently Resolved

Chichimec.9364

After the update that "Fixed an issue in which the Salvage Pile Home Instance Node would not appear in some home instances" I logged in to check. The node is still only appearing in the home instance of the character who bought it and is only visible to that character. A charr alt of mine bought it and can see/use it in the Black Citadel home instance but a human alt entering that instance cannot see or use it. If this is intentional, I will file a ticket asking for my gold and karma back. If it is a bug that hasn't been fixed yet, then I won't file a ticket and will wait until the bug is fixed. Anet, can you please clarify what is going on here?

Yeah, that patch note was suspiciously vague. Much like the Grothmar node being an available drop, making sudden, unannounced and unidentified changes to the way a longtime game element works can only be frustrating for players. I honestly cannot see the point of making the change, and even less so being coy about it. Who would be happy about this?

I'm not buying the node until this gets cleared up, that's for sure.

@"Schimmi.6872" said:Seems to be a bug, mine (bought after the patch) shows up in every instance i tried (4 different chars, 3 different instances).

Well, it's a bug that is on-going for those of us who bought it pre-patch. Until I read here, I didn't think to look for the node with the character I bought it on - maybe that will help going forward. But yeah, it's kind of a pain when you have "homebodies" and "explorers".

@knell.5970 said:

@"Schimmi.6872" said:Seems to be a bug, mine (bought after the patch) shows up in every instance i tried (4 different chars, 3 different instances).

Well, it's a bug that is on-going for those of us who bought it pre-patch. Until I read here, I didn't think to look for the node with the character I bought it on - maybe that will help going forward. But yeah, it's kind of a pain when you have "homebodies" and "explorers".

I'm seeing the same kind of reports in the thread about this in the Bugs section. The node is still bugged for those who bought it pre-patch but is working normally for those who bought it post-patch. It would be nice if Anet actually clarified all this and indicated that they were working on it. Though I've read enough posts over the years about Anet's silence on other issues so I shouldn't be surprised that they are not saying anything now.

Oh, and the comment about homebodies and explorers very much pertains to me. The alt who bought the node pre-patch is a Charr who I created especially for the The Icebrood Saga and he lives on those maps. My designated gatherer harvests three Guilds and a home instance every day as well as the quartz crystal nodes in Dry Top and one Sunken Chest a day. That alt has extra bag slots to accommodate all that gathering as well as carrying the assorted converters I've accumulated. Having to send that Charr back to the Black Citadel every day in a special trip just to harvest the Salvage node would not be a big deal timewise but it would be a daily minor irritation. As I've said before, if the Salvage node really is bound only to that Charr, I want a gold/karma refund.

@Teratus.2859 said:To my knowledge nothing in the home instance is character bound.. it's all account bound.

Ah, but that's exactly the issue. The nodes bought pre-patch seem to be acting character bound even after the patch. As for why I bought it? I suppose it's the completionist in me who is building a full home instance. And I am spending my gold on what I want. According to GW 2 efficiency, home nodes are the fifth thing I've spent the most on, after skins, shared inventory spaces, outfits, and gliders in that order as opposed to Mailcarriers and PVP Heroes that I've spent 0 on. :)

@Chichimec.9364 said:

@Teratus.2859 said:To my knowledge nothing in the home instance is character bound.. it's all account bound.

Ah, but that's exactly the issue. The nodes bought pre-patch seem to be acting character bound even after the patch. As for why I bought it? I suppose it's the completionist in me who is building a full home instance. And I am spending my gold on what I want. According to GW 2 efficiency, home nodes are the fifth thing I've spent the most on, after skins, shared inventory spaces, outfits, and gliders in that order as opposed to Mailcarriers and PVP Heroes that I've spent 0 on. :)

And one of the great things about stocking a Home Instance with Nodes is that you can share these items with Friends, Guildmates, Random Strangers, and New Players...Y'know - the Community that GW2 was designed to be.

Well, after the last reset the Salvage Pile is finally acting like a normal node for me. It showed up for a different alt than the one who bought it and in a different home instance than the buyer's. The other alt was able to harvest it just fine. Oh, and it wasn't under, inside of, behind, or on top of any other node either. For my human gatherer, it was in the DR home instance in the alley behind the inn a little bit down from the next nearest node. Hopefully it is also working well for everyone else who has been having problems too.