*Spoilers* If you could change One moment in the entire story of GW2, what would it be? *Spoilers* - Page 3 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Lore

*Spoilers* If you could change One moment in the entire story of GW2, what would it be? *Spoilers*

13>

Comments

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

@JTGuevara.9018 said:
    without any hints or implication. Just...bam...Balthazar.

There actually were "hints". It's just that the hints were so freaking vague that you'd only see it in hindsight.

Hint 1: When Lazarus shows up in Episode 1, one of Caudecus' goons wields a Balthazar Shield. Yup, that was a hint to Lazarus being Balthazar.
    Hint 2: In Episode 2, "Lazarus" gave players the skill "Spectral Smite" - smite having divine origins, and also relating to Smiting Prayers from GW1, which Balthazar was the patron god for. Yup, that too was a hint to Lazarus being Balthazar.

There might've been more, but if so, they were probably more obscure.

Still bad though.

Didn’t the devs also say his reliance on fire magic in ep2 final battle was a foreshadowing of his identity?

Again that just highlights the vagueness

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• Tyson.5160Tyson.5160 Member ✭✭✭✭

@JTGuevara.9018 said:

There actually were "hints". It's just that the hints were so freaking vague that you'd only see it in hindsight.

Hint 1: When Lazarus shows up in Episode 1, one of Caudecus' goons wields a Balthazar Shield. Yup, that was a hint to Lazarus being Balthazar.
    Hint 2: In Episode 2, "Lazarus" gave players the skill "Spectral Smite" - smite having divine origins, and also relating to Smiting Prayers from GW1, which Balthazar was the patron god for. Yup, that too was a hint to Lazarus being Balthazar.

Still bad though.

I recall that the fact that Lazarus used fire magic in his introductory scene and that there were flames in certain trailers was also suppose to be a hint too.

• Konig Des Todes.2086Konig Des Todes.2086 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Tyson.5160 said:

@JTGuevara.9018 said:

Still bad though.

I recall that the fact that Lazarus used fire magic in his introductory scene and that there were flames in certain trailers was also suppose to be a hint too.

Not that such was a legit hint, given the fact Lazarus was an elementalist.

All these squares make a circle.

• Finalfreefall.8247Finalfreefall.8247 Member ✭✭
    edited August 2, 2020

I guess I'd just make Jormag smarter. Have turned Charr blow up houses and infrastructure in non-Charr territories to fracture the alliance. Drive wedges between the already fractured races and co-opt the Norn culture. (actually, that should have been done immediately. Minions guiding hunters to game, warning individual Norn about danger, etc.)

But if I could do a big retcon, I'd make the Sylvari-as-dragon-minions thing actually have weight. There's really no reason to trust us post-HoT, especially with other dragons absorbing Mordy's power. Sylvari by all rights should be loyal dragon followers, co-opted by whatever dragon inherited the dream. But AT THE ABSOLUTE LEAST I'd have the other races react like they were. Some weight. Any weight. Just not forgetting such world-changing plot points would be neat.

• The specs without lore on HoT, even the revenant in general