Warrior state in PvP

Chaarliee.2307

@Chaarliee.2307 said:

@"Lighter.5631" said:it's fine, warrior is fine, they will nerf other classes to warrior level in about 1 year, so warrior will be viable again. they are not going to buff anything because warrior is fineI take that's sarcasm right ?

you don't need to knowyou only need to know" they will nerf other classes to warrior level in about 1 year, so warrior will be viable again. they are not going to buff anything" is truth

@"Lighter.5631" said:it's fine, warrior is fine, they will nerf other classes to warrior level in about 1 year, so warrior will be viable again. they are not going to buff anything because warrior is fine

Glad you substantiated your claims with any sort of evidence I mean how can anyone argue with your thorough and well thought out rebuttal consisting of "war is fine"

You've added a lot to this conversation with your astute commentary.

@Keitaro Dragonheart.9047 said:

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:Except 1 week after those nerfs ppl will QQ about warrior and it will be nerfed again. People can't handle proper functioning warriors.

PvPers can't handle anything that functions as long as it's capable of beating them.

Same can be said for the WvW population, but I'd also extend that to anything that can evade the fight (cough warclaw cough).

I've been observing different game modes, spectating pvp matches, tournaments, wvw, even in pve I don't see warriors around at all. Whatever happened to them. I don't understand why people call anet to nerf other classes. what's the point of dumbing the game down to warrior level?

@"artharon.9276" said:I've been observing different game modes, spectating pvp matches, tournaments, wvw, even in pve I don't see warriors around at all. Whatever happened to them. I don't understand why people call anet to nerf other classes. what's the point of dumbing the game down to warrior level?

Because many people who PvP in this game can't seem to fathom the idea of having to sit down and play/duel another class/build and try to figure out how they work or methods to counter them and default to calling for nerfs on the forums. This is especially prominent towards mesmers, thieves, and warriors from what I've noticed while I was active in 2013-2016 before I took a break.

People had no clue how to fight mesmers, would get blown up, and then cry on forums. For thieves, it was basically the same complaints. For warriors they were deemed having "too much damage and too much sustain", despite being the class with the most telegraphed moves and easiest to avoid burst in the game. Some people just want to win without having to press their dodge key, understand other classes's mechanics or time blinds/aegis application. The amount of times healing signet, adrenal health and other sustain options have been nerfed for warriors is hilarious and proof of how Anet balances mostly based on kneejerk reactions to forum outcries.

8 years after the release of this game warriors still do the same stuff in PvP/WvW with almost 0 variety. They still have the simplest and most straight forward abilities to play with AND against and apparently their current sad ass state is what's necessary for most of the player base to be okay with them and not cry as much.

It's funny war mains have been giving feedback on how bad and underpowered warrior feels and were met the last few months by players that don't play warrior stating it's a get gud issue and warriors fine yet the class has basically disappeared from all competitions etc etc cuz reasons? Lol. I love how so often players that dont even play a class or no very little about it will go around arguing with players that main the class telling them it's fine and that it's a get gud issue obviously cuz it's hard to imagine any class being weak or in need of buffs but their own preferred class lol, telling of the community.

I strongly believe that warrior is actually the balanced class atm. The fact that stances are not the main sustain tool is good, since they are wayy too passive for this game (PvP). I wish they would nerf many classes, including my main engi, to bring it to warrior level.

@The V.8759 said:I strongly believe that warrior is actually the balanced class atm. The fact that stances are not the main sustain tool is good, since they are wayy too passive for this game (PvP). I wish they would nerf many classes, including my main engi, to bring it to warrior level.

As soon as they do that QQ starts because the general player base can't handle a properly tuned warrior.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@The V.8759 said:I strongly believe that warrior is actually the balanced class atm. The fact that stances are not the main sustain tool is good, since they are wayy too passive for this game (PvP). I wish they would nerf many classes, including my main engi, to bring it to warrior level.

As soon as they do that QQ starts because the general player base can't handle a properly tuned warrior.

Although true they really cant handle any effective classes and their builds, any that are effective get qq's.Best and easiest would be slight shaves to some of the outlier classes that are dominant right now and return some damage back to warriors cc, maybe half of the damage equivalent it was before in relation to today's damage levels. Maybe leave most other classes cc no damage as they aren't so dependant on the damage of the cc as part of their burst, damage on cc could be unique to warrior which would give a more basic class a little somthin somthin lol. Also increase mmr healing by 50hp and make healing signet heal for slightly more as well. Done war now is in great spot but not OP.

Spent some time in the urban dictionary to understand what kids are saying :) Long story short, people with lack of interest in learning to play complained in the forums until warriors tuned down to chopstick level, now warriors mostly gone extinct and now everyone's happy? So that's why they were giving away those level 80 boosters. I used it on a ranger. So far it can do everything my warrior can do, only better. sic 'em pew pew and done. :lol:

@TeqkOneStylez.8047 said:If they actually removed or toned down the real cause of cancer spam gameplay and then fixed warriors unfunctioning broken traits,then Warrior wouldn't need a buff.

Aside from put dmg back on CC. Redesign rampage if you're scared.

That would require a complete overhaul of at least 3 traitlines, much like the Tactics rework.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I've been playing a warrior for about a year now, mostly on wvw. Avarage score of mine was 1:10 win/death in 1 on 1. Now it's about 3:10 and getting better. Never tried any other classes, cause warrior is a reall challenge for me. And thats what i like about him. And yeah, spellbreakers are always wellcomed in any zerg.