Theory

lotus.5672

I'm not sue ANet even know what it wants to do with mesmer as a whole tbh. In WvW, as long as there are blobs, it's outclassed by literally every other spec in every niche -can still do some roaming, but that's it-, in PvP it's meh at best -some really brave mesmers are still beating the dead horse of condi axe mirage, with varying degrees of success-, in PvE there's power chronomancer which can still do its job, but the lack of focus from the devs is very much true.

@Terrorhuz.4695 said:I'm not sue ANet even know what it wants to do with mesmer as a whole tbh. In WvW, as long as there are blobs, it's outclassed by literally every other spec in every niche -can still do some roaming, but that's it-, in PvP it's meh at best -some really brave mesmers are still beating the dead horse of condi axe mirage, with varying degrees of success-, in PvE there's power chronomancer which can still do its job, but the lack of focus from the devs is very much true.

I think if we had lack of attention from devs we mesmers would have been fine, I think we had waaay too much attention on us

They finally got tired of complaints about mesmers, no matter what they did, didn't please the complainers anyways.At least warriors have other viable builds, and even their meme gunflame can still hit for 11k+ on 3k armor, most of mesmers usefulness have been given to others already.

@XenesisII.1540 said:They finally got tired of complaints about mesmers, no matter what they did, didn't please the complainers anyways.At least warriors have other viable builds, and even their meme gunflame can still hit for 11k+ on 3k armor, most of mesmers usefulness have been given to others already.

3v3 arena, I use my 8 abilities to land a combo on a necro, 6k dmg cuz he stacks toughness. he turns to lich, 7k crit with autoattack :Dgs4+gs2+F1 shatter -> 11k dmg, nice!, enemy rev, deathstrike 8,5k.....

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:I'm actually glad that ANerf screwed mesmer, without any sarcasm.Thank to that I restart playing GW1 again, mainly pvp and I'm having a blast.Mesmer in GW1 has a ton of viable builds.

And it has stuff you earn in game instead of a Gemstore!

Join us around 20:00 gmt American District, Friday AB, Saturday and Sunday FA.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:if the game didnt look like minecraft I would join gw1 ;p

Considering its a 15years game, it still looks absolutely gorgeous in some maps.

I dont doubt that, but the only ugly games that I bother with are the ones from my childhood, now I feel like doing entire baldurs gate all over.... ehh

Blasphemy - calling GW1 ugly. You should be crucified.

But chances are you wouldn't like it, the combat system is completely different. It's your old tab target root while casting, altho it leaves gw2 in the dust regarding the tactial aspect and skill required.

For newcomers it gets even worse because there's thousands of skills and dozens of types of skills and you need to know each one of them to do good in PvP.And that's the reason people still love GW1 to this day, it is vast as kitten and well put together.

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

Considering its a 15years game, it still looks absolutely gorgeous in some maps.

I dont doubt that, but the only ugly games that I bother with are the ones from my childhood, now I feel like doing entire baldurs gate all over.... ehh

But chances are you wouldn't like it, the combat system is completely different. It's your old tab target root while casting, altho it leaves gw2 in the dust regarding the tactial aspect and skill required.

For newcomers it gets even worse because there's thousands of skills and dozens of types of skills and you need to know each one of them to do good in PvP.And that's the reason people still love GW1 to this day, it is vast as kitten and well put together.

thats the part I dont like about some of the games, in league for example there is over 200 champions.each champion has 4-5 abilities... I know them all I know what all of they do and I more or less know their cooldowns, and worse of all I know all the unique, bugged, unintended ways all of them interact with eachother, I dont have energy to go through learning all of that again. At least I dont think I do.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

thats the part I dont like about some of the games, in league for example there is over 200 champions.each champion has 4-5 abilities... I know them all I know what all of they do and I more or less know their cooldowns, and worse of all I know all the unique, bugged, unintended ways all of them interact with eachother, I dont have energy to go through learning all of that again. At least I dont think I do.

I get what you mean, I don't even know what most of the traits do in gw2 and can't be bothered to know tbh, I know mesmers, eles and the most ops of the other professions.In gw1 by contrast I knew every single, the fact that it has a kittenton of skills was what made me fall in love with it.

It's pretty funny actually because gw1 was like that girl you fell in love the first time, eventually it didn't work out but every day you still think about her and imagine what would be life with her.GW2 is that hot gal everyone wants, you begin to like her and ended up in a relationship with her. One day you enter your house and find her cheating on you, she begs forgiveness and you gave her another chance.Four months pass and when you're going to enter your house, you find her cheating on you again...with an entire football (soccer) team.You break up with her and decide to join the soccer team so you can meme around too.