The Icebrood Saga, Stories = Single player MMO. Why ?

Normally a couple of us are doing the new stories alone and afterwards we are doing story again and again, helping each other through the story and do the missing Story AP together as a group.

But from the beginning of The Icebrood Saga this has been destroyed, and it makes no sense to make the story parts as a group, either you can't help each other or as in the new Story "No Quarter" / "Snapping Steel" it is possible to do it as a group again, but only the story owner get progress and every body else have to do it again in order to be able to continue the story.

Some of you would say is this a problem... and yes it is, if you normally do the story several times, help each other and have fun with that... and now my game has changed into a Single Player MMO storywise....

But most importantly, when the new expansion for the game comes and you want to do the story with every profession, if you have to do them alone 9 times, I'm not even sure I want to buy the expansion.

I have been playing since Beta and feel it is very frustrating as it ruins an important part of the game for me, and would like to know if anyone feels the same way ?

@"Bartolomew.3614" said:But from the beginning of The Icebrood Saga this has been destroyed, and it makes no sense to make the story parts as a group, either you can't help each other or as in the new Story "No Quarter" / "Snapping Steel" it is possible to do it as a group again, but only the story owner get progress and every body else have to do it again in order to be able to continue the story.

but progress IS shared. Did your other party members not accept progress in the instance? There are multiple ones inside the instance, not just at the end. Those exist any time an instance has checkpoints inside. There are at least two inside the last instance.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@"Bartolomew.3614" said:But from the beginning of The Icebrood Saga this has been destroyed, and it makes no sense to make the story parts as a group, either you can't help each other or as in the new Story "No Quarter" / "Snapping Steel" it is possible to do it as a group again, but only the story owner get progress and every body else have to do it again in order to be able to continue the story.

but progress
IS
shared. Did your other party members not accept progress in the instance? There are multiple ones inside the instance, not just at the end. Those exist any time an instance has checkpoints inside. There are at least two inside the last instance.

I wasn't the story owner in Snapping Steel and I got zero pop-ups to accept progress, as the ones you get from story parts until the end of LS4 or weekly key runs.

@Bartolomew.3614 said:

@Bartolomew.3614 said:But from the beginning of The Icebrood Saga this has been destroyed, and it makes no sense to make the story parts as a group, either you can't help each other or as in the new Story "No Quarter" / "Snapping Steel" it is possible to do it as a group again, but only the story owner get progress and every body else have to do it again in order to be able to continue the story.

but progress
IS
shared. Did your other party members not accept progress in the instance? There are multiple ones inside the instance, not just at the end. Those exist any time an instance has checkpoints inside. There are at least two inside the last instance.

I wasn't the story owner in Snapping Steel and I got zero pop-ups to accept progress, as the ones you get from story parts until the end of LS4 or weekly key runs.

Checkpoint popups are not like end of story progress. It is also possible to miss these(I missed the last one or two but got the one that allowed me to continue the instance from just before the chase in the last instance) unlike end of story ones. End of step progress can be accepted even after leaving the instance and hangs around until you interact with it. Checkpoint progress popups seems to disappear after the instance owner progresses far enough ahead.

This episode also has a lot of open world stuff. You must sync up all of those before entering the instance.