Game keeps crashing... — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home

Game keeps crashing...

DragonWhimsy.6489DragonWhimsy.6489 Member ✭✭
edited June 1, 2020 in Account & Technical Support

Any idea why my game keeps crashing? It'll do so even when just sitting around Divinity's Reach. I do have an older PC and graphics card but this didn't used to happen before the end of Season 4 of the Living World (I took a bit of a break from the game so this problem has carried on from a year ago). I provided the error report from today's crash below.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

--> Crash <--
Assertion: Coherent host crashed
File: ......\Engine\ArenaWeb\CoherentUi\AwCohContext.cpp(326)
App: Gw2-64.exe
Pid: 9648
BaseAddr: 00007FF6959C0000
ProgramId: 101
Build: 104148
When: 2020-06-01T02:45:26Z 2020-05-31T19:45:26-07:00
Uptime: 0 days 0:03:56
Flags: 0

--> System <--
Name: af0dc13f
IpAddr: 192.168.50.190
Processors: 8 [GenuineIntel:6:10:7]
OSVersion: Windows 10.0 (64 bit)

--> System Memory <--
Physical: 536MB/ 8169MB 6%
Paged: 72MB/10086MB 0%
Virtual: 134209814MB/134217727MB 3%
Load: 93%
CommitTotal: 10014MB
CommitLimit: 10086MB
CommitPeak: 10084MB
SystemCache: 1067MB
HandleCount: 90131
ProcessCount: 186
ThreadCount: 2280

--> Process Memory <--
Private: 3464MB
WorkingSet: 2921MB
PeakWorkingSet: 2936MB
PageFaults: 2542798

--> Memory Category Usage (Inclusive) <--
[Category] [Size(MB)] [Count]
Root 1274.95 1269669
Programmer Data 858.10 462769
VRAM 752.74 34831
Engine 397.58 232199
Game 316.41 178417
Uncategorized 313.44 750647
Model-Programmer 296.12 66273
Model Granny 288.77 26726
VRAM - Prop Tex 232.00 1600
Content 227.16 58887
VRAM - Character Tex 137.56 683
VRAM - Gr Postproc 103.39 21
Collections 100.67 6181
Dictionary 99.00 2431
Gr 79.25 106829
Art Assets 71.96 21334
Text 66.92 7733
Character Models 52.90 4576
Composite Models 52.29 2315
VRAM - DDI Shader 50.11 29854
Gr Umbra 45.34 2303
VRAM - Composite Tex 39.58 194
Composite Tex 37.06 138
Composite Tex Pool 37.06 138

--> Memory Category Usage (Exclusive) <--
[Category] [Size(MB)] [Count]
Uncategorized 313.44 750647
Model Granny 288.77 26726
VRAM - Prop Tex 232.00 1600
Content 227.16 58887
VRAM - Character Tex 137.56 683
VRAM - Gr Postproc 103.39 21
Dictionary 99.00 2431
Text 66.92 7733
VRAM - DDI Shader 50.11 29854
Gr Umbra 45.34 2303
VRAM - Composite Tex 39.58 194
Composite Tex Pool 37.06 138
VRAM - DirectX Geo Buffers 30.56 1520
Archive 27.64 38
VRAM - Prop Geo 19.60 166
VRAM - Gr Img 17.52 8
VRAM - UI Textures 16.04 331
VRAM - Terrain Tex 15.83 19
Composite Packfile 15.00 476
Collide Havok 14.46 26513
Composite 12.82 1980
VRAM - Effect Texture 12.58 102
Collide 12.12 7299
VRAM - World Map Tex 10.19 46

--> DllList <--
00007FF6959C0000 - C:\Program Files\Guild Wars 2\Gw2-64.exe
00007FFA5BEA0000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
00007FFA5AAA0000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNEL32.DLL
00007FFA59080000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
00007FFA571C0000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\apphelp.dll
00007FFA5A5B0000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\USER32.dll
00007FFA59330000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\win32u.dll
00007FFA59FF0000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\GDI32.dll
00007FFA59400000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\gdi32full.dll
00007FFA59360000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msvcp_win.dll
00007FFA595A0000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll
00007FFA5B050000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\ADVAPI32.dll
00007FFA5BDC0000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msvcrt.dll
00007FFA5B100000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\sechost.dll
00007FFA5A490000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\RPCRT4.dll
00007FFA5AA30000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\WS2_32.dll
00007FFA596A0000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\WINTRUST.dll
00007FFA58DF0000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\MSASN1.dll
00007FFA52A00000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\VERSION.dll
00007FFA55550000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WTSAPI32.dll
00007FFA58E30000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\CRYPT32.dll
00007FFA55A70000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WINMM.dll
00007FFA5AD10000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\PSAPI.DLL
00007FFA5A800000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\ole32.dll
00007FFA55A40000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WINMMBASE.dll
00007FFA5B1D0000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\combase.dll
00007FFA59000000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\cfgmgr32.dll
00007FFA58F80000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\bcryptPrimitives.dll
00007FFA5AD90000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\OLEAUT32.dll
00007FFA5B580000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\SHELL32.dll
00007FFA5A750000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\shcore.dll
00007FFA59720000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\windows.storage.dll
00007FFA58D70000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\profapi.dll
00007FFA58DA0000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\powrprof.dll
00007FFA58D60000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\UMPDC.dll
00007FFA5B520000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\shlwapi.dll
00007FFA58E10000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\kernel.appcore.dll
00007FFA59700000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\cryptsp.dll
00007FFA50E80000 - C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft.windows.gdiplus_6595b64144ccf1df_1.1.18362.836_none_17afac286da192bb\gdiplus.dll
00007FFA56570000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSACM32.dll
00007FFA52F20000 - C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_5.82.18362.836_none_2a2600ea466b531c\COMCTL32.dll
00007FFA56850000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSIMG32.dll
00007FFA561B0000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\USP10.dll
00007FFA49D90000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\Secur32.dll
00007FFA587A0000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CRYPTBASE.DLL
00007FFA58C80000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\SSPICLI.DLL
00007FFA5B1A0000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\IMM32.DLL
00007FFA451D0000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\dbghelp.dll
00007FFA59050000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\bcrypt.dll
00007FFA578F0000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\dxcore.dll
00007FFA57120000 - C:\WINDOWS\system32\uxtheme.dll
00007FFA59F50000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\imagehlp.dll
00007FFA580E0000 - C:\WINDOWS\system32\rsaenh.dll
00007FFA3AA00000 - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvspcap64.dll
00007FFA57E40000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntmarta.dll
00007FFA5AE60000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\clbcatq.dll
00007FFA3D320000 - C:\WINDOWS\system32\napinsp.dll
00007FFA3D120000 - C:\WINDOWS\system32\pnrpnsp.dll
00007FFA585D0000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\mswsock.dll
00007FFA582C0000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DNSAPI.dll
00007FFA5A9C0000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\NSI.dll
00007FFA58280000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\IPHLPAPI.DLL
00007FFA41130000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\winrnr.dll
00007FFA54A30000 - C:\WINDOWS\system32\NLAapi.dll
00007FFA3E9C0000 - C:\WINDOWS\system32\wshbth.dll
00007FFA51E40000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\fwpuclnt.dll
00007FFA4F820000 - C:\Windows\System32\rasadhlp.dll
00007FFA5AF10000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msctf.dll
00007FFA56780000 - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Oleacc.dll
00007FFA4CFC0000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\TextInputFramework.dll
00007FFA55B70000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\CoreMessaging.dll
00007FFA54DC0000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\CoreUIComponents.dll
00007FFA54A60000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\wintypes.dll
00007FFA54210000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WindowsCodecs.dll
00007FFA2B870000 - C:\Program Files\Guild Wars 2\bin64\CoherentUI64.dll
00007FFA52110000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\d3d9.dll
00007FFA57640000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\dwmapi.dll
00007FFA578A0000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\gpapi.dll
00007FFA4CAC0000 - C:\Windows\System32\cryptnet.dll
00007FFA54200000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WINNSI.DLL
00007FFA58120000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DPAPI.dll
00007FFA531B0000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_c1a085cc86772d3f\nvldumdx.dll
00007FFA1CCA0000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_c1a085cc86772d3f\nvd3dumx.dll
00007FFA52A10000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\nvapi64.dll
00007FFA5A020000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\SETUPAPI.dll
00007FFA57910000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\dxgi.dll
00007FFA58570000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WINSTA.dll
00007FFA52020000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\MMDevApi.dll
00007FFA58B60000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\DEVOBJ.dll
00007FFA341C0000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\wdmaud.drv
00007FFA56800000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ksuser.dll
00007FFA555E0000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AVRT.dll
00007FFA46D20000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUDIOSES.DLL
00007FFA56710000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\msacm32.drv
00007FFA56110000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\midimap.dll
00007FFA57250000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\resourcepolicyclient.dll
00007FFA53A40000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\mscms.dll
00007FFA58C50000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\USERENV.dll
00007FFA536F0000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ColorAdapterClient.dll
00007FFA55AB0000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\icm32.dll

--> Game Context <--
MapId: 18
Flags: 0x241
ElapsedTime: 00:02:54

--> World State <--

[DbgHelp.dll is C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\dbghelp.dll]
[DbgHelp.dll version 6.2.18362.1 (64/32-bit compatible)]

--> ClientContextThreadProc Thread 0x4340 <--

--> Trace <--
Pc Rt : Args
00007ff695b526dc 0000000000000000 : 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000
00007ff695b5275b 0000000000000000 : 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000
00007ffa2b8a0eb1 0000000000000000 : 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000
00007ffa2b8a168e 0000000000000000 : 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000
00007ff6964e5613 0000000000000000 : 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000
00007ff695e5aca6 0000000000000000 : 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000
00007ff695e52567 0000000000000000 : 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000
00007ff695d20fae 0000000000000000 : 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000
00007ff695d1f25e 0000000000000000 : 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000
00007ff695d1eed9 0000000000000000 : 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000
00007ff695d2056f 0000000000000000 : 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000
00007ff695d1e8dc 0000000000000000 : 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000
00007ff695b493a1 0000000000000000 : 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000
00007ff695cd7d79 0000000000000000 : 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000
00007ffa5aab7bd4 0000000000000000 : 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000
00007ffa5bf0ce51 0000000000000000 : 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000

--> Thread registers <--
rax=0000000000000001 rbx=00007ff6971e8980 rcx=000000c96fcfefe0
rdx=00007ff6971e8980 rsi=0000000000000146 rdi=000000c96fcff510
rip=00007ff695b5267d rsp=000000c96fcfef80 rbp=000000c96fcff991
r8=0000000000000146 r9=00007ff696fd3818 r10=0000000000000017
r11=000000c96fcff440 r12=0000000000000002 r13=0000000000000000
r14=000002b9196bbf50 r15=000000c96fcffad8
cs=0033 ss=002b ds=002b es=002b fs=0053 gs=002b efl=00000202

rbx-32 00007FF6971E8960 00007ff6964e5fd0 00007ff6964e53b4 00007ff6964e64b0 00007ff6964e5780
rbx +0 00007FF6971E8980 2e2e5c2e2e5c2e2e 5c656e69676e455c 626557616e657241 6e657265686f435c
rbx+32 00007FF6971E89A0 6f4377415c695574 747865746e6f4368 000000007070632e 662e736d61726170
rcx-32 000000C96FCFEFC0 00007ff695b5267d 000000c96fcfef80 000000c96fcff991 0000000000000015
rcx +0 000000C96FCFEFE0 0000000000000000 00007ff600000000 000002b938d80000 0000000000000000
rcx+32 000000C96FCFF000 0000020000000000 00007ff695b7c800 00009fb70010000f 0053002b002b0033
rdx-32 00007FF6971E8960 00007ff6964e5fd0 00007ff6964e53b4 00007ff6964e64b0 00007ff6964e5780
rdx +0 00007FF6971E8980 2e2e5c2e2e5c2e2e 5c656e69676e455c 626557616e657241 6e657265686f435c
rdx+32 00007FF6971E89A0 6f4377415c695574 747865746e6f4368 000000007070632e 662e736d61726170
r9-32 00007FF696FD37F8 0000000000784573 0000001200000002 0000001200000002 0000001200000002
r9 +0 00007FF696FD3818 0000001200000002 0000000e00000000 6572727543746547 67616b636150746e
r9+32 00007FF696FD3838 0000000000644965 0000001200000003 49656c6946746547 6974616d726f666e

--> Code <--
00007ff695b5265d 488bf941 8bf0488d 0db668cc 01488bda H..A..H...h..H.. 00007ff695b5266d e89e73fe ff488d4c 2460ff15 bbdc3d01 ..s..H.L$....=. 00007ff695b5267d 488b8424 58010000 4c8d0544 0b3f0148 H..$X...L..D.?.H
00007ff695b5268d 89442440 4885db48 8b8424f8 00000044 [email protected]$....D 00007ff695b5269d 8bce4889 4424484c 0f45c348 8b842400 ..H.D$HL.E.H..$.
00007ff6`95b526ad 01000048 8bd74889 44245033 c9488d44 ...H..H.D$P3.H.D

--> Stack <--
000000c96fcfef80 000000c96fcff525 0000000000000200 0000000000000015 0000000000000000 %..o............................ 000000c96fcfefa0 000000c96fcfefc0 000000c96fcfefe0 0000000000000000 000000c96fcfef68 ...o.......o............h..o....
000000c96fcfefc0 00007ff695b5267d 000000c96fcfef80 000000c96fcff991 0000000000000015 }&.........o.......o............ 000000c96fcfefe0 0000000000000000 00007ff600000000 000002b938d80000 0000000000000000 ...................8............
000000c96fcff000 0000020000000000 00007ff695b7c800 00009fb70010000f 0053002b002b0033 ........................3.+.+.S. 000000c96fcff020 00000202002b002b 00000000000000ff 000000c96fcff100 00007ff6968604bb +.+................o............
000000c96fcff040 0000000000000001 0000000000000001 000002b9873d0dc8 0000000000000001 ..................=............. 000000c96fcff060 000000c96fcfefe0 00007ff6971e8980 00007ff6971e8980 000000c96fcfef80 ...o.......................o....
000000c96fcff080 000000c96fcff991 0000000000000146 000000c96fcff510 0000000000000146 ...o....F..........o....F....... 000000c96fcff0a0 00007ff696fd3818 0000000000000017 000000c96fcff440 0000000000000002 [email protected]
000000c96fcff0c0 0000000000000000 000002b9196bbf50 000000c96fcffad8 00007ff695b5267d ........P.k........o....}&...... 000000c96fcff0e0 000000000000027f 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000ffff00009fb7 ................................
000000c96fcff100 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 ................................ 000000c96fcff120 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 ................................
000000c96fcff140 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 ................................ 000000c96fcff160 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 ................................
000000c96fcff180 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0068007300610072 0000002900640065 ................r.a.s.h.e.d.)... 000000c96fcff1a0 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 ................................
000000c96fcff1c0 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 ................................ 000000c96fcff1e0 000000003cf26688 0000000000000000 000000003ced9168 0000000000000000 .f.<............h..<............
000000c96fcff200 000000003cf26688 0000000000000000 000000003ced9168 0000000000000000 .f.<............h..<............ 000000c96fcff220 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 ................................
000000c96fcff240 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 ................................ 000000c96fcff260 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 ................................
000000c96fcff280 7f8000007f800000 3f80000000000001 000000003f800000 bf80000000000000 ...............?...?............ 000000c96fcff2a0 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 ................................
000000c96fcff2c0 000000003f800000 0000000000000000 3f80000000000000 0000000000000000 ...?...................?........ 000000c96fcff2e0 0000000000000000 000000003f800000 000000003f800000 0000000000000000 ...........?.......?............
000000c96fcff300 3f80000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 000000003f800000 .......?...................?.... 000000c96fcff320 000000003f800000 0000000000000000 3f80000000000000 00007ff695b912f3 ...?...................?........
000000c96fcff340 00000000547a4842 00000000547a4842 0000000049fd1fff 0000000000000000 BHzT....BHzT.......I............ 000000c96fcff360 00000000c406c000 0000000000000000 0000000044ac9fff 0000000000000000 ...................D............

--> Error Logs <--
02:42:35Z NULL REWARD TRACK: 4C665D60-97E6-E111-BBF3-78E7D1936222
02:42:35Z NULL REWARD TRACK: 4C665D60-97E6-E111-BBF3-78E7D1936222
02:42:37Z Content is referencing a propID that doesn't exist propId='1258589658133103645'
02:42:37Z Content is referencing a propID that doesn't exist propId='1258611317653177459'
02:42:37Z Content is referencing a propID that doesn't exist propId='1866534343164330505'
02:42:37Z Content is referencing a propID that doesn't exist propId='1252759201374077968'
02:42:57Z Texture missing mip chain: 0x011f2e
02:42:57Z Texture missing mip chain: 0x011f30
02:43:13Z Texture '0x03539b' dimensions too small
02:43:13Z Loading '0x03539b' texture failed
02:45:26Z Coherent host process crash: (OSError=0, Error=Coherent UI host process has crashed)
Crashed at 02:45:26Z

--> DirectX Device Info <--
VendorId = 0x10de
DeviceId = 0x1200
Version = 23.21.0013.9135
Description = NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
Compat = 0x00100000
VidMem = 1024 MB

Comments

  • Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Make sure nothing (Anti-virus, etc.) is interfering with the Coherent program. You may have to white-list it.

    Good luck.

  • SAROMON.9158SAROMON.9158 Member ✭✭

    Recently my game freezes and it occurs on random. I have posted a separate topic, but this is something about last patches of the game. Devs and QA team overlooked something.

  • I crash on two different computers, what did you change in the new patch?

    I've been home playing most days on lockdown 60 days and didn't have issues until patched came out, really?

  • ShadowCatz.8437ShadowCatz.8437 Member ✭✭✭

    @DragonWhimsy.6489 said:
    Any idea why my game keeps crashing? It'll do so even when just sitting around Divinity's Reach. I do have an older PC and graphics card but this didn't used to happen before the end of Season 4 of the Living World (I took a bit of a break from the game so this problem has carried on from a year ago). I provided the error report from today's crash below.

    Thanks for any help you can provide!

    --> Crash <--
    Assertion: Coherent host crashed
    File: ......\Engine\ArenaWeb\CoherentUi\AwCohContext.cpp(326)
    App: Gw2-64.exe
    Pid: 9648
    BaseAddr: 00007FF6959C0000
    ProgramId: 101
    Build: 104148
    When: 2020-06-01T02:45:26Z 2020-05-31T19:45:26-07:00
    Uptime: 0 days 0:03:56
    Flags: 0

    --> System <--
    Name: af0dc13f
    IpAddr: 192.168.50.190
    Processors: 8 [GenuineIntel:6:10:7]
    OSVersion: Windows 10.0 (64 bit)

    --> System Memory <--
    Physical: 536MB/ 8169MB 6%
    Paged: 72MB/10086MB 0%
    Virtual: 134209814MB/134217727MB 3%
    Load: 93%
    CommitTotal: 10014MB
    CommitLimit: 10086MB
    CommitPeak: 10084MB
    SystemCache: 1067MB
    HandleCount: 90131
    ProcessCount: 186
    ThreadCount: 2280

    --> Process Memory <--
    Private: 3464MB
    WorkingSet: 2921MB
    PeakWorkingSet: 2936MB
    PageFaults: 2542798

    --> Memory Category Usage (Inclusive) <--
    [Category] [Size(MB)] [Count]
    Root 1274.95 1269669
    Programmer Data 858.10 462769
    VRAM 752.74 34831
    Engine 397.58 232199
    Game 316.41 178417
    Uncategorized 313.44 750647
    Model-Programmer 296.12 66273
    Model Granny 288.77 26726
    VRAM - Prop Tex 232.00 1600
    Content 227.16 58887
    VRAM - Character Tex 137.56 683
    VRAM - Gr Postproc 103.39 21
    Collections 100.67 6181
    Dictionary 99.00 2431
    Gr 79.25 106829
    Art Assets 71.96 21334
    Text 66.92 7733
    Character Models 52.90 4576
    Composite Models 52.29 2315
    VRAM - DDI Shader 50.11 29854
    Gr Umbra 45.34 2303
    VRAM - Composite Tex 39.58 194
    Composite Tex 37.06 138
    Composite Tex Pool 37.06 138

    --> Memory Category Usage (Exclusive) <--
    [Category] [Size(MB)] [Count]
    Uncategorized 313.44 750647
    Model Granny 288.77 26726
    VRAM - Prop Tex 232.00 1600
    Content 227.16 58887
    VRAM - Character Tex 137.56 683
    VRAM - Gr Postproc 103.39 21
    Dictionary 99.00 2431
    Text 66.92 7733
    VRAM - DDI Shader 50.11 29854
    Gr Umbra 45.34 2303
    VRAM - Composite Tex 39.58 194
    Composite Tex Pool 37.06 138
    VRAM - DirectX Geo Buffers 30.56 1520
    Archive 27.64 38
    VRAM - Prop Geo 19.60 166
    VRAM - Gr Img 17.52 8
    VRAM - UI Textures 16.04 331
    VRAM - Terrain Tex 15.83 19
    Composite Packfile 15.00 476
    Collide Havok 14.46 26513
    Composite 12.82 1980
    VRAM - Effect Texture 12.58 102
    Collide 12.12 7299
    VRAM - World Map Tex 10.19 46

    --> DllList <--
    00007FF6959C0000 - C:\Program Files\Guild Wars 2\Gw2-64.exe
    00007FFA5BEA0000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
    00007FFA5AAA0000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNEL32.DLL
    00007FFA59080000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
    00007FFA571C0000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\apphelp.dll
    00007FFA5A5B0000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\USER32.dll
    00007FFA59330000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\win32u.dll
    00007FFA59FF0000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\GDI32.dll
    00007FFA59400000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\gdi32full.dll
    00007FFA59360000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msvcp_win.dll
    00007FFA595A0000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll
    00007FFA5B050000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\ADVAPI32.dll
    00007FFA5BDC0000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msvcrt.dll
    00007FFA5B100000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\sechost.dll
    00007FFA5A490000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\RPCRT4.dll
    00007FFA5AA30000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\WS2_32.dll
    00007FFA596A0000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\WINTRUST.dll
    00007FFA58DF0000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\MSASN1.dll
    00007FFA52A00000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\VERSION.dll
    00007FFA55550000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WTSAPI32.dll
    00007FFA58E30000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\CRYPT32.dll
    00007FFA55A70000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WINMM.dll
    00007FFA5AD10000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\PSAPI.DLL
    00007FFA5A800000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\ole32.dll
    00007FFA55A40000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WINMMBASE.dll
    00007FFA5B1D0000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\combase.dll
    00007FFA59000000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\cfgmgr32.dll
    00007FFA58F80000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\bcryptPrimitives.dll
    00007FFA5AD90000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\OLEAUT32.dll
    00007FFA5B580000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\SHELL32.dll
    00007FFA5A750000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\shcore.dll
    00007FFA59720000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\windows.storage.dll
    00007FFA58D70000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\profapi.dll
    00007FFA58DA0000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\powrprof.dll
    00007FFA58D60000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\UMPDC.dll
    00007FFA5B520000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\shlwapi.dll
    00007FFA58E10000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\kernel.appcore.dll
    00007FFA59700000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\cryptsp.dll
    00007FFA50E80000 - C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft.windows.gdiplus_6595b64144ccf1df_1.1.18362.836_none_17afac286da192bb\gdiplus.dll
    00007FFA56570000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSACM32.dll
    00007FFA52F20000 - C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_5.82.18362.836_none_2a2600ea466b531c\COMCTL32.dll
    00007FFA56850000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSIMG32.dll
    00007FFA561B0000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\USP10.dll
    00007FFA49D90000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\Secur32.dll
    00007FFA587A0000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CRYPTBASE.DLL
    00007FFA58C80000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\SSPICLI.DLL
    00007FFA5B1A0000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\IMM32.DLL
    00007FFA451D0000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\dbghelp.dll
    00007FFA59050000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\bcrypt.dll
    00007FFA578F0000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\dxcore.dll
    00007FFA57120000 - C:\WINDOWS\system32\uxtheme.dll
    00007FFA59F50000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\imagehlp.dll
    00007FFA580E0000 - C:\WINDOWS\system32\rsaenh.dll
    00007FFA3AA00000 - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvspcap64.dll
    00007FFA57E40000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntmarta.dll
    00007FFA5AE60000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\clbcatq.dll
    00007FFA3D320000 - C:\WINDOWS\system32\napinsp.dll
    00007FFA3D120000 - C:\WINDOWS\system32\pnrpnsp.dll
    00007FFA585D0000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\mswsock.dll
    00007FFA582C0000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DNSAPI.dll
    00007FFA5A9C0000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\NSI.dll
    00007FFA58280000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\IPHLPAPI.DLL
    00007FFA41130000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\winrnr.dll
    00007FFA54A30000 - C:\WINDOWS\system32\NLAapi.dll
    00007FFA3E9C0000 - C:\WINDOWS\system32\wshbth.dll
    00007FFA51E40000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\fwpuclnt.dll
    00007FFA4F820000 - C:\Windows\System32\rasadhlp.dll
    00007FFA5AF10000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msctf.dll
    00007FFA56780000 - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Oleacc.dll
    00007FFA4CFC0000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\TextInputFramework.dll
    00007FFA55B70000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\CoreMessaging.dll
    00007FFA54DC0000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\CoreUIComponents.dll
    00007FFA54A60000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\wintypes.dll
    00007FFA54210000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WindowsCodecs.dll
    00007FFA2B870000 - C:\Program Files\Guild Wars 2\bin64\CoherentUI64.dll
    00007FFA52110000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\d3d9.dll
    00007FFA57640000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\dwmapi.dll
    00007FFA578A0000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\gpapi.dll
    00007FFA4CAC0000 - C:\Windows\System32\cryptnet.dll
    00007FFA54200000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WINNSI.DLL
    00007FFA58120000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DPAPI.dll
    00007FFA531B0000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_c1a085cc86772d3f\nvldumdx.dll
    00007FFA1CCA0000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_c1a085cc86772d3f\nvd3dumx.dll
    00007FFA52A10000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\nvapi64.dll
    00007FFA5A020000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\SETUPAPI.dll
    00007FFA57910000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\dxgi.dll
    00007FFA58570000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WINSTA.dll
    00007FFA52020000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\MMDevApi.dll
    00007FFA58B60000 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\DEVOBJ.dll
    00007FFA341C0000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\wdmaud.drv
    00007FFA56800000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ksuser.dll
    00007FFA555E0000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AVRT.dll
    00007FFA46D20000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUDIOSES.DLL
    00007FFA56710000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\msacm32.drv
    00007FFA56110000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\midimap.dll
    00007FFA57250000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\resourcepolicyclient.dll
    00007FFA53A40000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\mscms.dll
    00007FFA58C50000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\USERENV.dll
    00007FFA536F0000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ColorAdapterClient.dll
    00007FFA55AB0000 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\icm32.dll

    --> Game Context <--
    MapId: 18
    Flags: 0x241
    ElapsedTime: 00:02:54

    --> World State <--

    [DbgHelp.dll is C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\dbghelp.dll]
    [DbgHelp.dll version 6.2.18362.1 (64/32-bit compatible)]

    --> ClientContextThreadProc Thread 0x4340 <--

    --> Trace <--
    Pc Rt : Args
    00007ff695b526dc 0000000000000000 : 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000
    00007ff695b5275b 0000000000000000 : 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000
    00007ffa2b8a0eb1 0000000000000000 : 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000
    00007ffa2b8a168e 0000000000000000 : 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000
    00007ff6964e5613 0000000000000000 : 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000
    00007ff695e5aca6 0000000000000000 : 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000
    00007ff695e52567 0000000000000000 : 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000
    00007ff695d20fae 0000000000000000 : 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000
    00007ff695d1f25e 0000000000000000 : 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000
    00007ff695d1eed9 0000000000000000 : 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000
    00007ff695d2056f 0000000000000000 : 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000
    00007ff695d1e8dc 0000000000000000 : 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000
    00007ff695b493a1 0000000000000000 : 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000
    00007ff695cd7d79 0000000000000000 : 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000
    00007ffa5aab7bd4 0000000000000000 : 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000
    00007ffa5bf0ce51 0000000000000000 : 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000

    --> Thread registers <--
    rax=0000000000000001 rbx=00007ff6971e8980 rcx=000000c96fcfefe0
    rdx=00007ff6971e8980 rsi=0000000000000146 rdi=000000c96fcff510
    rip=00007ff695b5267d rsp=000000c96fcfef80 rbp=000000c96fcff991
    r8=0000000000000146 r9=00007ff696fd3818 r10=0000000000000017
    r11=000000c96fcff440 r12=0000000000000002 r13=0000000000000000
    r14=000002b9196bbf50 r15=000000c96fcffad8
    cs=0033 ss=002b ds=002b es=002b fs=0053 gs=002b efl=00000202

    rbx-32 00007FF6971E8960 00007ff6964e5fd0 00007ff6964e53b4 00007ff6964e64b0 00007ff6964e5780
    rbx +0 00007FF6971E8980 2e2e5c2e2e5c2e2e 5c656e69676e455c 626557616e657241 6e657265686f435c
    rbx+32 00007FF6971E89A0 6f4377415c695574 747865746e6f4368 000000007070632e 662e736d61726170
    rcx-32 000000C96FCFEFC0 00007ff695b5267d 000000c96fcfef80 000000c96fcff991 0000000000000015
    rcx +0 000000C96FCFEFE0 0000000000000000 00007ff600000000 000002b938d80000 0000000000000000
    rcx+32 000000C96FCFF000 0000020000000000 00007ff695b7c800 00009fb70010000f 0053002b002b0033
    rdx-32 00007FF6971E8960 00007ff6964e5fd0 00007ff6964e53b4 00007ff6964e64b0 00007ff6964e5780
    rdx +0 00007FF6971E8980 2e2e5c2e2e5c2e2e 5c656e69676e455c 626557616e657241 6e657265686f435c
    rdx+32 00007FF6971E89A0 6f4377415c695574 747865746e6f4368 000000007070632e 662e736d61726170
    r9-32 00007FF696FD37F8 0000000000784573 0000001200000002 0000001200000002 0000001200000002
    r9 +0 00007FF696FD3818 0000001200000002 0000000e00000000 6572727543746547 67616b636150746e
    r9+32 00007FF696FD3838 0000000000644965 0000001200000003 49656c6946746547 6974616d726f666e

    --> Code <--
    00007ff695b5265d 488bf941 8bf0488d 0db668cc 01488bda H..A..H...h..H.. 00007ff695b5266d e89e73fe ff488d4c 2460ff15 bbdc3d01 ..s..H.L$....=. 00007ff695b5267d 488b8424 58010000 4c8d0544 0b3f0148 H..$X...L..D.?.H
    00007ff695b5268d 89442440 4885db48 8b8424f8 00000044 [email protected]$....D 00007ff695b5269d 8bce4889 4424484c 0f45c348 8b842400 ..H.D$HL.E.H..$.
    00007ff6`95b526ad 01000048 8bd74889 44245033 c9488d44 ...H..H.D$P3.H.D

    --> Stack <--
    000000c96fcfef80 000000c96fcff525 0000000000000200 0000000000000015 0000000000000000 %..o............................ 000000c96fcfefa0 000000c96fcfefc0 000000c96fcfefe0 0000000000000000 000000c96fcfef68 ...o.......o............h..o....
    000000c96fcfefc0 00007ff695b5267d 000000c96fcfef80 000000c96fcff991 0000000000000015 }&.........o.......o............ 000000c96fcfefe0 0000000000000000 00007ff600000000 000002b938d80000 0000000000000000 ...................8............
    000000c96fcff000 0000020000000000 00007ff695b7c800 00009fb70010000f 0053002b002b0033 ........................3.+.+.S. 000000c96fcff020 00000202002b002b 00000000000000ff 000000c96fcff100 00007ff6968604bb +.+................o............
    000000c96fcff040 0000000000000001 0000000000000001 000002b9873d0dc8 0000000000000001 ..................=............. 000000c96fcff060 000000c96fcfefe0 00007ff6971e8980 00007ff6971e8980 000000c96fcfef80 ...o.......................o....
    000000c96fcff080 000000c96fcff991 0000000000000146 000000c96fcff510 0000000000000146 ...o....F..........o....F....... 000000c96fcff0a0 00007ff696fd3818 0000000000000017 000000c96fcff440 0000000000000002 [email protected]
    000000c96fcff0c0 0000000000000000 000002b9196bbf50 000000c96fcffad8 00007ff695b5267d ........P.k........o....}&...... 000000c96fcff0e0 000000000000027f 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000ffff00009fb7 ................................
    000000c96fcff100 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 ................................ 000000c96fcff120 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 ................................
    000000c96fcff140 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 ................................ 000000c96fcff160 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 ................................
    000000c96fcff180 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0068007300610072 0000002900640065 ................r.a.s.h.e.d.)... 000000c96fcff1a0 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 ................................
    000000c96fcff1c0 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 ................................ 000000c96fcff1e0 000000003cf26688 0000000000000000 000000003ced9168 0000000000000000 .f.<............h..<............
    000000c96fcff200 000000003cf26688 0000000000000000 000000003ced9168 0000000000000000 .f.<............h..<............ 000000c96fcff220 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 ................................
    000000c96fcff240 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 ................................ 000000c96fcff260 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 ................................
    000000c96fcff280 7f8000007f800000 3f80000000000001 000000003f800000 bf80000000000000 ...............?...?............ 000000c96fcff2a0 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 ................................
    000000c96fcff2c0 000000003f800000 0000000000000000 3f80000000000000 0000000000000000 ...?...................?........ 000000c96fcff2e0 0000000000000000 000000003f800000 000000003f800000 0000000000000000 ...........?.......?............
    000000c96fcff300 3f80000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 000000003f800000 .......?...................?.... 000000c96fcff320 000000003f800000 0000000000000000 3f80000000000000 00007ff695b912f3 ...?...................?........
    000000c96fcff340 00000000547a4842 00000000547a4842 0000000049fd1fff 0000000000000000 BHzT....BHzT.......I............ 000000c96fcff360 00000000c406c000 0000000000000000 0000000044ac9fff 0000000000000000 ...................D............

    --> Error Logs <--
    02:42:35Z NULL REWARD TRACK: 4C665D60-97E6-E111-BBF3-78E7D1936222
    02:42:35Z NULL REWARD TRACK: 4C665D60-97E6-E111-BBF3-78E7D1936222
    02:42:37Z Content is referencing a propID that doesn't exist propId='1258589658133103645'
    02:42:37Z Content is referencing a propID that doesn't exist propId='1258611317653177459'
    02:42:37Z Content is referencing a propID that doesn't exist propId='1866534343164330505'
    02:42:37Z Content is referencing a propID that doesn't exist propId='1252759201374077968'
    02:42:57Z Texture missing mip chain: 0x011f2e
    02:42:57Z Texture missing mip chain: 0x011f30
    02:43:13Z Texture '0x03539b' dimensions too small
    02:43:13Z Loading '0x03539b' texture failed
    02:45:26Z Coherent host process crash: (OSError=0, Error=Coherent UI host process has crashed)
    Crashed at 02:45:26Z

    --> DirectX Device Info <--
    VendorId = 0x10de
    DeviceId = 0x1200
    Version = 23.21.0013.9135
    Description = NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    Compat = 0x00100000
    VidMem = 1024 MB

    Move GW2 out of Program Folder: <C:\Program Files\Guild Wars 2> to its own folder <C:\Guild Wars 2> or any other disk or partition you have access to on your computer that isn't part of Windows own file structure for OS. You can use copy and past to move Guld Wars 2 folder and all of its content to any other place (no need to download game again).

    The reason is that Windows might protect write access and only limit it to be read. This is done to avoid virus or malicious codes to make change to legitimate programs in that folder. Windows have its own antivirus protection, so will let some apps get access to write when needed. In general games should not be stored in Program Folder on Windows System to avoid trouble.

    From:

    --> Error Logs <--
    02:42:35Z NULL REWARD TRACK: 4C665D60-97E6-E111-BBF3-78E7D1936222
    02:42:35Z NULL REWARD TRACK: 4C665D60-97E6-E111-BBF3-78E7D1936222
    02:42:37Z Content is referencing a propID that doesn't exist propId='1258589658133103645'
    02:42:37Z Content is referencing a propID that doesn't exist propId='1258611317653177459'
    02:42:37Z Content is referencing a propID that doesn't exist propId='1866534343164330505'
    02:42:37Z Content is referencing a propID that doesn't exist propId='1252759201374077968'
    02:42:57Z Texture missing mip chain: 0x011f2e
    02:42:57Z Texture missing mip chain: 0x011f30
    02:43:13Z Texture '0x03539b' dimensions too small
    02:43:13Z Loading '0x03539b' texture failed
    02:45:26Z Coherent host process crash: (OSError=0, Error=Coherent UI host process has crashed)
    Crashed at 02:45:26Z

    It looks like are missing parts of propID and texture files. I would also recommend to run a repair like posted from @Rihar.3465 and follow instruction on how create a short cut with the correct information to start a repair. Remember that this short cut is not the way you should start your game client when all is working as it shuold and should be removed to avoid confusion.

    Here from wiki to show you that DAT files is compressed files which GW2_x64.exe need access to during game play. The size is around 48 GB on my system so it is the largest part of Guild Wars 2 files.

    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gw2.dat

    The report on crash: 02:45:26Z Coherent host process crash: (OSError=0, Error=Coherent UI host process has crashed) - this means that your splash screen (the very first that show up when you run GW2_x64.exe) where you have your user ID and password to log in and to run updates from is crashing. It will always check if there is a new patch and download it before log you into the game.

    According to GW2 wiki Coherent UI is also the UI for trade post (Black Lion Trading Company UI). https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Trading_Post (see last notes in the end of that page).

    Hope this will help you to solve your issue! Good luck!

  • I tried that, windows 10 wont allow me to rename the shortcut.

  • @Knutsson.9405 said:

    I tried that, windows 10 wont allow me to rename the shortcut.

    Of course Win10 allows command line arguments. Many of us use Windows 10 and command line arguments each and every time we start Guild Wars 2.
    Check that you are using the correct parameters.

    Good luck.

  • Knutsson.9405Knutsson.9405 Member ✭✭
    edited September 10, 2020

    Gameclient seems to be like new again, tech support helped me out, apparently there was some backgroundprocess crapping out the game client, dont ask me what it was though, they made me fiddle in task manager and open the command prompt, I usually fix stuff with a hard bonk^^

  • Just a short add, my computer has just been in use for a few months, the only thing I downloaded to it is games, so I have no weird softwares that can add problems, my client had worked flawlessly since I installed it, it was now around the latest windows update that something went haywire. Anyways, back to the grind^^

  • Not that it would make any difference. Does it crash with the 32 bit version (Gw2.exe).

  • Didnt try that, I found a forumpost where someone had got that to work, but by then techsupport where already helping me out.

  • Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 11, 2020

    @Knutsson.9405 said:
    I tried that, windows 10 wont allow me to rename the shortcut.

    1. Does your account have administrator rights?
    2. Did you install the game in one of Windows' program folders? If so, move it somewhere else (like, e.g., create a directory you name "Games" and move the folder that contains the Gw2-64.exe and all its subfolders there).

    @Knutsson.9405 said:
    I usually fix stuff with a hard bonk^^

    If "hard bonk" means hard reset, I recommend you refrain from doing that in the future and try to learn a bit about your system instead, unless you want to damage it more.

    I'd also recommend you run this: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system

  • Manasa Devi.7958Manasa Devi.7958 Member ✭✭✭✭

    This may have nothing to do with your problems, just a general issue I often have with Windows 10. Win10 updates sometimes re-enable things I disabled and need to have disabled on my PC. My 2 most recent examples: one update activated some X-box related processes that affect performance in some games, and a very recent one turned a few onboard devices back on including a wifi adaptor. That last one gave me connectivity issues, because settings that still remained from when I was using wifi allowed it to connect and some processes, including GW2 started going wireless instead of cabled. I catch these things quickly so no skin off my back, but Win can throw people for a loop when they don't know what's happening or where to look. Windows is a hot mess.

  • Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Manasa Devi.7958 said:
    Win can throw people for a loop when they don't know what's happening or where to look. Windows is a hot mess.

    Indeed. Windows 10 is very user-unfriendly that way, regarding the length through which people must go in order to configure everything to their liking (not to mention the non-uniform UI and the many bugs that occur frequently). Each update makes you double-check on stuff you've already configured before, so good thing you've mentioned this for people who might not be aware of the irks and quirks.