Ok, I've always wanted to make one so any ranger tips? Hehe for wvw of course

Sovereign.1093

@"Sovereign.1093" said:Why? Well... My guild will probably roam on an all ranger team on of these days before raid Time. Educate this commander scrub

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?POwAceFlRw8YPMNGKeSX/PzTE58WB-zVRYVhUDTM6oqOPlmECdKC6VC0tCQjziqnRA-wThis is my build, I have perfected it through the years after trying to make various builds work. This works best in 95% of situations, be it roaming or zerging. Melee ranger is the way, running pew in 2020 is suicidal.

@hobotnicax.7918 said:

@"Sovereign.1093" said:Why? Well... My guild will probably roam on an all ranger team on of these days before raid Time. Educate this commander scrub

This is my build, I have perfected it through the years after trying to make various builds work. This works best in 95% of situations, be it roaming or zerging. Melee ranger is the way, running pew in 2020 is suicidal.

Thanks. :3 I'll check it out. And like Justine's I'll read all the things you set there so I have a glimpse of how it works before I test.

My only peeve with rangers is the pets. Hopefully I become not lazy >∆<

@lare.5129 said:this is wvw. You can take any class, any build and get fun.Some requirements can be only inside wvw guild, or some pug comm with some strange vision.

Yes, I am the commander and the guild leader. I'm just curious about rangers. I will not command with this in open but for our own ranger raid. You know when it's just 3 to 8 of my guildmates on line waiting for 4pm server time.

I have a setup for pug and guild raid for our closed and open tag. :). I just want to understand and put a role to ranger in my guild composition.

@hobotnicax.7918 said:

@"Balthazzarr.1349" said:Here’s one your can start with. I use it for roaming and havoc. Quite nasty.

This build is one of two stuns away from getting wrecked. I would never run this, ever.EDIT: also LOL at sigil of blood. kitten dude? :D

Yeah one very first change I would make using that build is dumping sos for dolyak stance. I mean he is running full stances and the trait already anyhow.

@hobotnicax.7918 said:

@"Balthazzarr.1349" said:Here’s one your can start with. I use it for roaming and havoc. Quite nasty.

This build is one of two stuns away from getting wrecked. I would never run this, ever.EDIT: also LOL at sigil of blood. kitten dude? :D

Didn’t say it was the beallendall. Just that it’s what I run. I kill a lot more than I die. That doesn’t mean you won’t pound me into the dirt. lol. But it’s not as weak as you might think if you play it right.

Tbh if you all play stanceshare and rotate your dolyak stances, you will be invincible. Try to keep a high protection uptime with boonbeasts and you don't need to gear tanky at all, maybe only armors marauder and rest berserker with might infusions and durability runes. I prefer LB / GS as it offers sth for every situation, with LB sigils Air and Severance, GS sigils Bloodlust and Vision.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POgAMFlRwyYgsNmJO0X6P9R8G-zVIYRU9XIRkoBHBVUW2eQCj/Wi41C-w

Zero defence tower ranger build. For those moments where you're tired of losing all the time so you go ahead and delete the other guy.

e.g.

@kiwituatara.6053 said:

Zero defence tower ranger build. For those moments where you're tired of losing all the time so you go ahead and delete the other guy.

e.g.

Oh nice. :3 that's something

Very casual ranger; I only play it for lols-- probably run the lamest build you could possibly imagine:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POwAMxflRweYaMQmJe0X/P7BkA-zVZYBRNWIEExQvOkMFC1KB6VFoxB-w

Anyone can get easy kills with this.

I basically go around looking to +1, pick the zerg's tail, or shoot people trying to get to a zerg off their mount. Since I run double cleansing sigils and second skin, condis are more or less irrelevant; I don't even run the passive muddy terrain trait but you probably should.

I actually don't really know what to run as a 2nd weapon besides longbow; in fact I hate them all. Greatsword and x/Axe all have their strengths and weaknesses.

You have extreme mobility and condi clear, so feel free to jet out if you are force to like, fight fair or something. You also have very high protection uptime. Regen is also good and reduces damage further. With second skin, any condis that do get through also do less damage if you have protection. You can facetank a lot of crap and also run away from a bunch.

Dolyak Stance is such a great skill, especially since everyone loves that immob. Don't use it willy-nilly though.

Condi revs are hell though. You also need to pay attention to the classes that are most likely to be able to chase you down-- namely thieves and other rangers.

If you run with other people, leader of the pack is cool; mainly for the condi clear and also the sick burst of a coordinated OWP. If you find it to hard to survive, you could replace Sic'em with Protect Me, but try not to.

@"ArchonWing.9480" said:Very casual ranger; I only play it for lols-- probably run the lamest build you could possibly imagine:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POwAMxflRweYaMQmJe0X/P7BkA-zVZYBRNWIEExQvOkMFC1KB6VFoxB-w

I basically go around looking to +1, pick the zerg's tail, or shoot people trying to get to a zerg off their mount. Since I run double cleansing sigils and second skin, condis are more or less irrelevant; I don't even run the passive muddy terrain trait but you probably should.

I actually don't really know what to run as a 2nd weapon besides longbow; in fact I hate them all. Greatsword and x/Axe all have their strengths and weaknesses.

You have extreme mobility and condi clear, so feel free to jet out if you are force to like, fight fair or something. You also have very high protection uptime. Regen is also good and reduces damage further. With second skin, any condis that do get through also do less damage if you have protection. You can facetank a lot of kitten and also run away from a bunch.

Dolyak Stance is such a great skill, especially since everyone loves that immob. Don't use it willy-nilly though.

Condi revs are hell though. You also need to pay attention to the classes that are most likely to be able to chase you down-- namely thieves and other rangers.

If you run with other people, leader of the pack is cool; mainly for the condi clear and also the sick burst of a coordinated OWP. If you find it to hard to survive, you could replace Sic'em with Protect Me, but try not to.

Like you said, good for +1 and pewing at randoms. Other than that, this build falls flat and is what I consider cannon fodder. With all the projectile hate I would not use or am using longbow. Sure occasionally it's great, but most of the time it's so easily countered that it still baffles me how some complain about it being OP.7s of stab on a fairly long cd which is the only stunbreak as well is stunlock territory. But if it works for you then gg.

@hobotnicax.7918 said:

@"ArchonWing.9480" said:Very casual ranger; I only play it for lols-- probably run the lamest build you could possibly imagine:

You have extreme mobility and condi clear, so feel free to jet out if you are force to like, fight fair or something. You also have very high protection uptime. Regen is also good and reduces damage further. With second skin, any condis that do get through also do less damage if you have protection. You can facetank a lot of kitten and also run away from a bunch.

Like you said, good for +1 and pewing at randoms. Other than that, this build falls flat and is what I consider cannon fodder. With all the projectile hate I would not use or am using longbow. Sure occasionally it's great, but most of the time it's so easily countered that it still baffles me how some complain about it being OP.7s of stab on a fairly long cd which is the only stunbreak as well is stunlock territory. But if it works for you then gg.

I have, like, never killed myself on reflects before. Most classes don't have high reflect uptime except for firebrands, and if they want to waste tome 3, I'll just kite them and they're out for 60s.

Of course, zergs are a different issue and this isn't a zerging build. But even in those cases, not everyone stays perfectly tight. I could just press a button to switch in GS; it really doesn't matter.

I also agree that LB can be easily countered. But a lot don't, so....

As for CC, it's been mixed. Of course, if someone can close a 1500 gap, stun me, stun me again after stab downs, and chase me for another 1800 range, and do enough damage when protection's reducing damage by about 38% then I probably deserve to die. An extra stunbreak probably wouldn't make the difference.

@ArchonWing.9480 said:

@ArchonWing.9480 said:Very casual ranger; I only play it for lols-- probably run the lamest build you could possibly imagine:

I have, like, never killed myself on reflects before. Most classes don't have high reflect uptime except for firebrands, and if they want to waste tome 3, I'll just kite them and they're out for 60s.

Of course, zergs are a different issue and this isn't a zerging build. But even in those cases, not everyone stays perfectly tight. I could just press a button to switch in GS; it really doesn't matter.

I also agree that LB can be easily countered. But a lot don't, so....

As for CC, it's been mixed. Of course, if someone can close a 1500 gap, stun me, stun me again after stab downs, and chase me for another 1800 range, and do enough damage when protection's reducing damage by about 38% then I probably deserve to die. An extra stunbreak probably wouldn't make the difference.

Wanna duel my ranger, I'll show you what I mean by cannon fodder? ;)