Drizzlewood Coast pace of the meta issue

Bealis.6023

Hello,I really like the map design and setting in which the story takes place, but i have a bit of a problem with the pace of the meta event. Thing is that its just too quick and frantic to digest the "war feel". In this regard, I had a better experience with Silwerwastes, HOT maps or Dragonfall, which seem to have a much better flow towards the end goal. Here, my only interest to really take care of the upkeep of bases lies in special missions, not the war effort, since we aim towards the next capture point right away to really care for anything else. I barely have a time to collect the scraps. Maybe its the thing of higher population? Not sure if my conception isnt too niche, or more of the players have this feeling? :)

Personally i think the pace is fine, actually i quite like it - it's more engaging than silverwastes with it's variety of events, but since you do events for several minutes at a time there's also time to relax- it's not a breakneck pace like dragonfall. Definitely my favourite balance of "engaging things to do" and "time to relax".

It is fairly quick but I don't feel like I'm being left behind by no means. As for scraps loot/mine them as you see them don't go back for them. You will have plenty in the long run.

I did feel overwhelmed at first because I was lacking how the map worked. But now that I have ran it a handful of times it feels like an old hat now.The fairly simple overview is this:Capture an area and fix/upgrade its structures the more you do this will help you out in the long run because it will slow down the enemy forces from retaking the area.If you see two orange swords on an area you need to go back and help that area out or it may be lost or reset.Once both sides complete and all areas secure the final fight by the bridge will startOnce bridge event ends you have I think 15 minutes or so to kill all the cache keepers and loot their caches before the map resets.

@Excursion.9752 said:Once bridge event ends you have I think 15 minutes or so to kill all the cache keepers and loot their caches before the map resets.This is the part with which I struggle. How do players zap to the cache keepers? I fly my skyscale and barely make it in time. Is there some skill/mastery unlock to allow for quick teleporting or something?

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Excursion.9752 said:Once bridge event ends you have I think 15 minutes or so to kill all the cache keepers and loot their caches before the map resets.This is the part with which I struggle. How do players zap to the cache keepers? I fly my skyscale and barely make it in time. Is there some skill/mastery unlock to allow for quick teleporting or something?

Each area has an Icon that is associated it each space. If you double click that Icon on the map and spend 5 supply you will drop in right there. Then if you mount a skyscale or griffon you can fly right over to the caches.

@Excursion.9752 said:

Each area has an Icon that is associated it each space. If you double click that Icon on the map and spend 5 supply you will drop in right there. Then if you mount a skyscale or griffon you can fly right over to the caches.

This is extremely helpful. There have been quite a few near misses (literally) in front of the boss.

I honestly wish this wasn't a think. I fell like you should be able to get to the boss if you book it by mount, but at least I know how to get to them quicker now.

@Josiah.2967 said:

This is extremely helpful. There have been quite a few near misses (literally) in front of the boss.

I honestly wish this wasn't a think. I fell like you should be able to get to the boss if you book it by mount, but at least I know how to get to them quicker now.Glad to have helped and just to be more clear here is this:If you look at
take Port Cascadia for example there is a blue circle that has a sail boat in it. If you click that image it will ask you to spend 5 supply and teleport there. Make sure to be one the ground. It does not seem to work if you are in the air on your skyscale.

On day one I didn't know how to "zap" from an area to another and most of the times I missed the fights or reached the area when Keepers were almost dying. Asking in map chat everyone said pretty much the same as in here or worse saying new Mastery T3 was needed. However, a very few times I clicked the balloon icon and it did work, but most of the times, no matter how many times I clicked, nothing happened. I went after all MPs needed to get all masteries only to "prove" no Mastery was needed at all. Without success once again (and very frustrated, after all, the last MP came from RNG-based "Party Guardian" achievement), I tried to click the icon while on the ground, hiding from a sniper and THEN it worked.

TL;DR: You CANNOT be flying to use the feature <_<

@Excursion.9752 said:

or join group and transport to friend (the tagged commander).

It would be helpful at the final champions phase if people didn't kill the champ so fast and give others a chance to get there. I noticed a 10 minute timer on each champ but he is usually down in under two min. Would this effect the spawns? It seems the next champ doesn't spawn until the last one is down.

@Blude.6812 said:

or join group and transport to friend (the tagged commander).

Are you referring to switching maps to get with your group? Because it seems like a waste of Teleport To A Friend to do that over and over for each cache. I'm actually am not sure if you can use them when your on the same map or not. I have never tried. But if you can I guess there is not much use for them anyhow so this is a good of place as any.

@Sneakr.3679 said:It would be helpful at the final champions phase if people didn't kill the champ so fast and give others a chance to get there. I noticed a 10 minute timer on each champ but he is usually down in under two min. Would this effect the spawns? It seems the next champ doesn't spawn until the last one is down.

There's an overall timer as well that means that if you don't take them down quickly, you may not get to all of them before the Dominion bombs you back to GW1.

@kharmin.7683 said:

Using griffon for all of them are the optimal choice. Just click on the closest blue icon to port there and use the griffon, and it’s special ability, to get to the keeper fast. Just make sure to cut the parachute first otherwise you run the risk of the mount bugging.

As for the pace of the meta, it’s fine. In fact, it takes about twice as long to do as SW. you do a handful of events in between each base capture with seemingly more events needed as you progress further north.

@Sneakr.3679 said:It would be helpful at the final champions phase if people didn't kill the champ so fast and give others a chance to get there. I noticed a 10 minute timer on each champ but he is usually down in under two min. Would this effect the spawns? It seems the next champ doesn't spawn until the last one is down.

Players who are fast are rewarded with more loot. The bosses each are up for well over a minute and it takes less than 15 seconds to get to each of them. People should not have to slow down, nor the timer extended (someone suggested this in another thread), because some people choose to take their time and not use the base ports.

You may very well not know that it’s possible to port so this isn’t necessarily directed at you. I’m there have been a few times where people chose to still take their mount from keeper to keeper, complain about the distance, and STILL not take the ports despite it being stated on map chat several times. In one instance, it was a commander flying their mount from keeper to keeper.

If you get quick with using the base shortcuts and parachuting then using the griffon fast dive and fly over, you can usually be among the first to arrive at the next cache keeper. I like it when I'm on a map where everyone gets there quickly since that usually means we have time for a higher number of cache keepers before the dominion missile strike resets the map.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:You may very well not know that it’s possible to port so this isn’t necessarily directed at you. I’m there have been a few times where people chose to still take their mount from keeper to keeper, complain about the distance, and STILL not take the ports despite it being stated on map chat several times. In one instance, it was a commander flying their mount from keeper to keeper.I have never seen any announcements in map chat about porting. That's why I asked here. :) For me, I'm not complaining about the distance -- I just didn't know how people got there so darned fast!

Thx for the input <3 I guess its just a matter of getting used to the event.I think my problem with the pace lies in the way how the final part triggers - when it starts, the events I did before doesnt feel that much impactful, since its like a threshold you need to get through anyway. I believe it would feel better if the rewards for participation were different. Lets say instead of material boxes, we would get individual map bonuses for a chance of better loot, combat advantage, siege weps etc. based on the value of participation.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:You may very well not know that it’s possible to port so this isn’t necessarily directed at you. I’m there have been a few times where people chose to still take their mount from keeper to keeper, complain about the distance, and STILL not take the ports despite it being stated on map chat several times. In one instance, it was a commander flying their mount from keeper to keeper.I have never seen any announcements in map chat about porting. That's why I asked here. :) For me, I'm not complaining about the distance -- I just didn't know how people got there so darned fast!

I figured that may be the case as the game doesn't necessarily make it obvious that you can port to the bases. It's pretty much just them porting to the bases and using griffon to quickly get to the keeper. One of the bosses can quickly be reached by taking the port for the Wolf area where the final meta was located. For the one that's just north of the WP, you can click on any base and pay the 1 war supply to get dropped off in the air above the WP and then use griffon to get to it. Skyscale from the WP will get you to that one quickly as well; just not as fast. The rest I think is just taking the closest base port.

@kharmin.7683 said:

Same. I'm 20/22 for the meta, and this is the first I hear about this.