Inventory Wars getting ridiculous

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Mortifera.6138 said:I normally put up with it, but this new map has so much trash loot I can't be bothered.

It's true that the new map requires a bit more inventory organization. But it's not trash loot you get there. Either it's mats you can collect or sell, or it's map currency, unidentified gear you can salvage or those scrolls for the achievements (which you can sell for 5 silver if you have all unlocked already). So I wouldn't complain about the loot ^^

@Manasa Devi.7958 said:You certainly get a lot of loot, but all of it has value as far as I'm concerned. I just let everything that stacks stack and only open it when I'm done playing. I haven't run into inventory space issues yet.

I've been doing the same. I just leave all the boxes, bags etc. as they are until I'm done, deposit materials every so often and let the rest pile up until I'm finished and ready to sort through it. I haven't run out of inventory space yet and my only problem so far has been if I use my last siege I then have to search through my inventory to see if any more has dropped because it's not where I normally keep it. (And also getting used to the idea that I am allowed to place and use my own siege. On my server the rule in WvW has always been only the commander places siege and only their designated people, who have all the right upgrades, use it. So throwing down my own ram to attack a door feels a bit like breaking the rules.)

It might help that I keep my inventory relatively empty. I have 3 or 4 items at the bottom of the first bag (food, booster, utility etc.) and then a 20 slot invisible bag at the bottom with random stuff my characters carry around like items for achievements I'm sure I'll do one day, but that's it. So I have a lot of space to fill, even without extra bag slots or 32 slot bags.

What the OP is trying to express, but failing, is that the new map offers a huge variety of loot. All of it is valuable, all of it is salvageable, tradeable or vendorable...but since there is so much variety (T2-T6) it doesn't stack neatly the way it would if you only saw T5 / T6 quality loot. Challenging? Sure. But a problem? Far from it.

i really have no idea what you are doing to have your inventory clogged like this, but it does not take that much effort to keep it from overflowing.heres my "routine" that i do whenever my inventory is 1/3 - 1/2 full:

• open all containers
  • salvage all lower value gear
  • sell all higher value gear you do not need
  • use the option in your inventory to deposit materials to the material storage
  • sell everything you cant salvage or fit to material storage (unless you want to keep it)

I also don't like so much loot (almost everything drops something) and inventory taking items like: some keys or map values (all should be in a wallet), portal scrolls (just make chosen waypoint bought from scroll to cost 0 per teleport), 'eaters' (better collectors in city or separate tab for 'eaters').Yes, we can make mule characters, but it's a workaround.

At least it would be good to have option to auto send resources to bank. Just like now, but without clicking (checkbox to set if we want auto or manual).

I would be happy to have an auto loot option where I never picked up non unique blues, greens, and various materials. For some slaving away on the spice mines of kodor 6 it is perfect for them, for others, we just want to get our achievements, masteries, and have a chance at exotics.

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:Only things that perm clogs your inventory is the 4 siege weapons. Upgrade bags with etrite ingots or something if you hit a wall and don't want to buy gems for bag slots.

With the current price of Supreme Rune of Holding, its almost more cost effective to just buy a new bag slot.

You can expand a 20 slot bag to 32 slot and gain 12 extra slots at a cost of approx 127g (at current prices)~or~You can buy a new bag slot (400 gems = 120g) , put in a 20 slot bag (20g in mats) and gain 20 extra slots at a cost of 140g (at current gem conversion prices)

8 more slots for only 13g?

And I've always been one to criticize the way bag slot expansions worked...., but with the prices of Supreme Rune of Holding right now..yikes.

Ever since PoF, and then the Unid Gear system rolling out to the entire game, I have never had a problem with bag space on any character.

I've had a few Bag Slot Expanders kicking around that I had intended to use but... Don't need them anymore.

On my main FB, I think there's maybe an extra 8-10 slots being used, out of 200 (one of my maxed characters). I usually sit around 40-50 / 200.

The situation is far less dire than before, in my opinion. Also, a material expander could solve a lot of problems with mat drops from the loot crates. At least for a while.

@Legion.9617 said:It's true, though, that loot in general in Guild Wars 2 is trash, utter, bland, uninspiring, boring, useless trash that begs to be salvaged. There is no joy in getting loot because it's just more of that trash.

That is the problem of a drug addict constantly looking for a bigger high until you OD ...Even if the game starts dropping legendaries eventually those will turn into trash drops too.If that is the type of thing you need then a game with a gear treadmill is a much better choice since those will keep lying to you to make you think you are getting better things all the time.

@Mortifera.6138 said:> I normally put up with it, but this new map has so much trash loot I can't be bothered.

Seriously, just give us a sub option for bag space like the other MMOs.

This 100%. ESO's model is nice. I would pay a monthly sub for

Extra Inv or increase inv craftingCertain # of Gems per monthLiving Worlds always unlocked (this doesn't really affect me but for new players who never bought them it may be nice).Maybe template space across all toons?

This would be 100% optional, Guild wars would still be free to play but for those who want to support arenanet and get a little in return it would be a nice addition.

@zaekeon.5128 said:

@Mortifera.6138 said:> I normally put up with it, but this new map has so much trash loot I can't be bothered.

Extra Inv or increase inv craftingCertain # of Gems per monthLiving Worlds always unlocked (this doesn't really affect me but for new players who never bought them it may be nice).Maybe template space across all toons?

This would be 100% optional, Guild wars would still be free to play but for those who want to support arenanet and get a little in return it would be a nice addition.

As has been said many times in other subscription threads, you can do this right now. Just pay monthly for gems, buy the storage, LW will remain unlocked when you log in monthly (to get said gems) and you can purchase templates.

No need to ask Anet to change their business model.

@kharmin.7683 said:

As has been said many times in other subscription threads, you can do this right now. Just pay monthly for gems, buy the storage, LW will remain unlocked when you log in monthly (to get said gems) and you can purchase templates.

No need to ask Anet to change their business model.

It is a bit different though. In ESO for instance you get unlimited across all your characters for crafting storage. The annoying thing about GW2 is so many things are character based. Even if it ended up being more money over the years i'd rather just simplify it by paying a sub to have all bag slots unlocked, all bank slots etc across all toons.

@"kharmin.7683" said:Then do that. Every month, on the first day of the month, pay Anet $20 and buy gems. Or go crazy and pay them $50 every month. It cannot be any more simple.

The good thing about the model ANet has chosen for this game and the general argument in favor of free to play models is exactly this. Whith a set subscription, there's a ceiling what the company can milk from any given player. With the "free to play but buy to convenience" system, there is no ceiling. If you are willing to pay 10'000$(chosing a ridiculous high amount of money to exemplify my point) per month you are free to do so whereas a subscription based model will only allow you to pay whatever the subscription is. Sure, one can think about a system where there is both, but players usually don't want that at all because it feels kinda exploitative to have a monthly fee with microtransactions attached to it.

@lokh.2695 said:

@"kharmin.7683" said:Then do that. Every month, on the first day of the month, pay Anet $20 and buy gems. Or go crazy and pay them $50 every month. It cannot be any more simple.

The good thing about the model ANet has chosen for this game and the general argument in favor of free to play models is exactly this. Whith a set subscription, there's a ceiling what the company can milk from any given player. With the "free to play but buy to convenience" system, there is no ceiling. If you are willing to pay 10'000$(chosing a ridiculous high amount of money to exemplify my point) per month you are free to do so whereas a subscription based model will only allow you to pay whatever the subscription is. Sure, one can think about a system where there is both, but players usually don't want that at all because it feels kinda exploitative to have a monthly fee with microtransactions attached to it.

Yet wow has exactly that sub and microtransactions.

@Linken.6345 said:

Yet exactly that sub and microtransactions.

I don't get it. GW2 has no subscription, only if you want it to have one. Maybe I'm too tired to get what you're after.

@lokh.2695 said:

Yet exactly that sub and microtransactions.

I don't get it. GW2 has no subscription, only if you want it to have one. Maybe I'm too tired to get what you're after.

I seem to have missed afew words in my post edited.