Inadvertent reset of NA WvW matches — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home WvW

Inadvertent reset of NA WvW matches

North American WvW matches were inadvertently reset this morning. We apologize for the inconvenience, and the weekly match reset will still occur at the regularly scheduled time on Friday, June 5.

Tagged:
<1

Comments

• Mini Crinny.6190Mini Crinny.6190 Member ✭✭✭✭

Wait, something went wrong on NA servers and not Eu servers? what is this?!?!

@Krypto.2069 said:

@gavyne.6847 said:
    This means you're keeping this reset scramble? Would you at least reset the scores since servers are inheriting the scores of others.

Either a score reset or a FREE WarClaw Mount Skin of Choice! :trollface:

C'mon, Fire! Please give it to us! HAHAHA! :lol:

nono, the players that didn't enter WvW from X to X will get a free mount of their choice and a bonfire, everyone who was in WvW from X to X gets only a bonfire

• SevlisBavles.3059SevlisBavles.3059 Member ✭✭✭

What someone clearly meant to do is to undo the Drakkar/RoF link in Europe because they don't have enough population together and they inadvertently did this. Reset Europe and give RoF a different link to a more populated server.

• Menzo.2185Menzo.2185 Member ✭✭✭

BUT the score DID NOT reset. I was winning, now I'm losing by far 181 victory point. kitten!!!!!

• I'd be happy with a skirmish chest reset for the inconvenience :)

• Vova.2640Vova.2640 Member ✭✭✭

At least reset the scores. Everything got scrambled up. Servers that were winning are now randomly losing because they got swapped positions with a losing server.......

AND NOW THE MIGHTY BLACKGATE HAVE RISEN ONCE AGAIN

• This is rubbish. Jade Quarry finally gets a good link and are winning their Tier, Now we are swapped with the losing team in a higher tier and chucked back on desert borderlands. At least reset the scores.....

• Stagar.7216Stagar.7216 Member ✭✭

Just reset it back. Only one skirmish got messed up anyway.

• Chaba.5410Chaba.5410 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Krypto.2069 said:

@gavyne.6847 said:
    This means you're keeping this reset scramble? Would you at least reset the scores since servers are inheriting the scores of others.

Either a score reset or a FREE WarClaw Mount Skin of Choice! :trollface:

C'mon, Fire! Please give it to us! HAHAHA! :lol:

Why you laughing, bro? That's a great idea!

• V Winter.5371V Winter.5371 Member ✭✭

Great, now we've inherited HoD's kitten kdr. Gonna take a lot of bags to get things back to where they're supposed to be...

• Samug.6512Samug.6512 Member ✭✭✭

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:

@gavyne.6847 said:

No this would require too much work for WvW, they are still working hard on alliances

They? You think there's multiple people working on those? Look at you being optimistic.

[NUKE]

• Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

Devs no communicate!
    Devs communicate.
    Reeee! We don't like you communicate!

Some salty bois in here.

Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

• No F's given for WvW but hey..there's a new item in the gem store!! GG.....

• Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Justine.6351 said:
    Devs no communicate!
    Devs communicate.

Some salty bois in here.

If players don't rage loud or long enough, how else do you expect us to get ANET to dole out free mount skins? Get. With. The. Program.

• Akemise.9210Akemise.9210 Member ✭✭

I appreciate very much the communication, gotta start somewhere right?
    WvW does need more love tho, pls Anet... New World is coming :x

• junior.9324junior.9324 Member
    edited June 2, 2020

Good work Dev team...

• misterman.1530misterman.1530 Member ✭✭✭

Wait. A DEV mentioned something about WVW? Wow. Banner day here at GW2. Banner day. Someone get a screenshot before this is locked or deleted for talking about matchups or something.

• XenesisII.1540XenesisII.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

All this talk of ppt, so you can get to a higher tier and have half your server log off the week after?
    Chillax, matchups resetted, whoopdeedoo.

^ Another derailing post - Anet
    Perma stealth is needed to outrun zergs. - Thieves
    A skill overpowered? just nerf their dodge, balanced. - Anet
    No expansion money as long as Mesmers are broken. - Me

• We are still looking into the effects from the inadvertent reset, but the current matches will have some anomalies. The regular reset on Friday should correct any related issues.

• Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@Justine.6351 said:
    Devs no communicate!
    Devs communicate.

Some salty bois in here.

If players don't rage loud or long enough, how else do you expect us to get ANET to dole out free mount skins? Get. With. The. Program.

Giddy up !

Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

• Ubi.4136Ubi.4136 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'm not confident things are going to go well with this. TC was not winning it's T3 match, yet now we have been dropped into the T2 match with a winning score. At this rate, we are going to move to T1 at reset Friday. That doesn't "fix" anything. That totally screws us for a couple more weeks as we get farmed dropping back to T3 where we weren't even winning.

Lost in the Maguuma (TC)
    For the geographically challenged, yes, Tarnished Coast is located IN the Maguuma Jungle.

@Ubi.4136 said:
    I'm not confident things are going to go well with this. TC was not winning it's T3 match, yet now we have been dropped into the T2 match with a winning score. At this rate, we are going to move to T1 at reset Friday. That doesn't "fix" anything. That totally screws us for a couple more weeks as we get farmed dropping back to T3 where we weren't even winning.

Meh, relinks kinda mess up all the match ups in the first place. For TC it would effectively be the same as if ya'll spawned into T1. Not the greatest, but since most servers are in the wrong place b/c of relink anyways, it doesn't really make much of a difference to me.

• Jayden Reese.9542Jayden Reese.9542 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2, 2020

@Ubi.4136 said:

Please Delete

Too many Karen's. Too much inconsistent moderation. Delete my forum account like I asked. TY

• Kovu.7560Kovu.7560 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ubi.4136 said:

You're in T3, but you're right -- there's no way FA is covering a 21 point gap when this happened during its weakest coverage time. More importantly, our kdr was halved. What kind of server even manages a .68 kill/death rate? You'd have to intentionally feed around the clock to accomplish that. There are days it feels like this gamemode is held together with duct tape and chicken wire. But hey, the players are still there and its free, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Maybe they're testing out new content behind the scenes they haven't told us about and this is an unforetold side effect.

~ Kovu

Ranger, Necromancer, Fort Aspenwood.

edited July 2, 2020

@Kovu.7560 said:

@Ubi.4136 said:

You're in T3, but you're right -- there's no way FA is covering a 21 point gap when this happened during its weakest coverage time. More importantly, our kdr was halved. What kind of server even manages a .68 kill/death rate? You'd have to intentionally feed around the clock to accomplish that. There are days it feels like this gamemode is held together with duct tape and chicken wire. But hey, the players are still there and its free, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Maybe they're testing out new content behind the scenes they haven't told us about and this is an unforetold side effect.

~ Kovu

Please Delete

Too many Karen's. Too much inconsistent moderation. Delete my forum account like I asked. TY

• SyLaR.3628SyLaR.3628 Member ✭✭

Does it mean that they are testing some backend stuffs for wvw alliances and something went wrong? Pog, maybe there is still hope for alliances xD

edited June 2, 2020

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

@Kovu.7560 said:

@Ubi.4136 said:

~ Kovu

Yeah FA won't cover that. You aren't the threat in that tier now. Many servers get .7 because servers like FA AR and MaG sit in ebg all day farming kills and intentionally stay in a tier lower they they should for better k/d matchups

"intentionally stay in a tier lower they they should" -- Is this what we call coverage gaps now? Not that I expect anyone on any server is trying too hard to ppt these days...
    With the fact that it's a three server game I'm not used to seeing servers with a kdr lower than .7 because every death could potentially count as a kill for both of the opposing servers meaning in prolonged larger scale fights between three groups its possible for all three servers to come out ahead with a kdr near or above 1.00 -- even if they're wiped.

@SyLaR.3628 said:
    Does it mean that they are testing some backend stuffs for wvw alliances and something went wrong? Pog, maybe there is still hope for alliances xD

Anything is possible. =)

edit- There have been times I've singlehandedly shot my team's kdr waay up at the start of a skirmish by yolo'ing into the opposing servers whilst they're fighting and dropping every AoE on my bar. Its not exactly an accurate system. Alas, there's no coming back from .68 on a Tuesday. XD

@Kovu.7560 said:

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

@Kovu.7560 said:

@Ubi.4136 said:

~ Kovu

Yeah FA won't cover that. You aren't the threat in that tier now. Many servers get .7 because servers like FA AR and MaG sit in ebg all day farming kills and intentionally stay in a tier lower they they should for better k/d matchups

"intentionally stay in a tier lower they they should" -- Is this what we call coverage gaps these days? Not that I expect anyone in any server is trying too hard to ppt these days...
    With the fact that it's a three server game I'm not used to seeing servers with a kdr lower than .7 because every death could potentially count as a kill for both of the opposing servers meaning in prolonged larger scale fights between three groups its possible for all three servers to come out ahead with a kdr near or above 1.00 -- even if they're wiped.

~ Kovu

edit- There have been times I've singlehandedly shot my team's kdr waay up at the start of a skirmish by yolo'ing into the opposing servers whilst they're fighting and dropping every AoE on my bar. Its not exactly an accurate system. Alas, there's no coming back from .68 on a Tuesday. XD

Right it's not an accurate system. add it all up and there's always way more kills then deaths. Now is it outnumbered taking into account or giving credit to kills to both sides if there's a 3-way no clue but yeah some servers don't say try hard because the last thing ar fa and mag would want is an ar fa mag matchup because fite servers don't really want to fight other fight servers. Explain how mag who was losing had meta bbc cl iv cth flux and even bob in the morning rocking a 1.6 and going to t4. Like how many guilds you need and somehow still lose to other servers like nsp and tc who have the same coverage holes. It's not like they were getting night capped by sos or bg

edited July 2, 2020

Please Delete

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:
    And you won't even like next week in t4 with mag and poor DB who has a few big guilds gonna .5 k/d that week

Can we all take a moment of silence for all the brave DB soldiers who will die in the coming week?

@V Winter.5371 said:

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:
    And you won't even like next week in t4 with mag and poor DB who has a few big guilds gonna .5 k/d that week

Can we all take a moment of silence for all the brave DB soldiers who will die in the coming week?

For what its worth I won't be killing any of them. I'm usually either asleep or at work at 6AM, depending on the day. =)

~ Kovu

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Rubi Bayer.8493 said:
    We are still looking into the effects from the inadvertent reset, but the current matches will have some anomalies. The regular reset on Friday should correct any related issues.

Understand.

It just continues though to appear as if WvW is the forgotten sibling.

Most have gotten past actually caring about scores. It’s not as if alliances are in effect and we have tournaments again.

Point is, it’s a significant glitch and we get to wait until the ‘normal’ reset.

Thank You for the {MEME}

• @SevlisBavles.3059 said:
    What someone clearly meant to do is to undo the Drakkar/RoF link in Europe because they don't have enough population together and they inadvertently did this. Reset Europe and give RoF a different link to a more populated server.

really? The vp are so close. Can't really be your population.

• @V Winter.5371 said:

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

HACKS!!

• Ubi.4136Ubi.4136 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Rubi Bayer.8493 said:
    We are still looking into the effects from the inadvertent reset, but the current matches will have some anomalies. The regular reset on Friday should correct any related issues.

Does this mean that regardless of the match score, servers will be put where they would have been had this "accident" not occurred? TC for example was most likely going to come in second in T3. So, Friday we will be blue in T3 again regardless...right?

Lost in the Maguuma (TC)
    For the geographically challenged, yes, Tarnished Coast is located IN the Maguuma Jungle.

edited July 2, 2020

Please Delete

• morrolan.9608morrolan.9608 Member ✭✭✭

@Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

How can it when servers have scores that don't reflect the actual matchup without a reset to zero now.

• The reset isn't the worst thing it's being given the last place score and already well out of contention when you were just in a close 1/2nd place race the day before. It's like why even bother..

• cobbah.3102cobbah.3102 Member ✭✭✭

Hmm well it just gets worse and worse lets just blame Covid shall we for another shambles . A really good way to kill WvW , just man up and say we don't want to bother with this mode. So we will reset and inadvertently ignore like the past 2+ years . Inadvertently forgot about Alliances also I gather.