Hearts and Minds - exceptionally frustrated

So I got to the final chapter of Hearts of Thorns and after a bit of initial trouble completed it apart from the final act of mercy (no spoilers). Sadly that's where it all went wrong. Somehow I fell and got stuck in the vines, totally unable to move and I had to exit the instance to free myself. Now I have been trying for 4 hours to repeat what I had previously done.

I know the fights are winnable solo - just have to keep your wits about you but damn having to start from scratch each time the dog gets you is more than a pain!

So my question is - was there a way for me to get unstuck from the vines when I fell? I did type /stuck but nothing happened at all.

Also I am guessing that it is pointless trying to get extra people in as it will just result in increased mobs or will it actually make it easier?

Well after about 7 hours in total I finally completed this and therefore Heart of Thorns also. Odd that the final boss seems to be easier to defeat than the two before him.Now on to Living World Season 3 - after a bit of a break to let my fingers have a rest :)

Many thanks to Elysima for the kind offer of help too - though I was on attempt number lord alone knows by then.

@Kain.6158 said:So I got to the final chapter of Hearts of Thorns and after a bit of initial trouble completed it apart from the final act of mercy (no spoilers). Sadly that's where it all went wrong. Somehow I fell and got stuck in the vines, totally unable to move and I had to exit the instance to free myself. Now I have been trying for 4 hours to repeat what I had previously done.

I know the fights are winnable solo - just have to keep your wits about you but kitten having to start from scratch each time the dog gets you is more than a pain!

So my question is - was there a way for me to get unstuck from the vines when I fell? I did type /stuck but nothing happened at all.

Also I am guessing that it is pointless trying to get extra people in as it will just result in increased mobs or will it actually make it easier?Out of nothing but curiosity, what was the main thing you struggled with on this fight?

@mindcircus.1506 The thing that kept on getting me was the damage from the flaming arrow trails whilst trying to avoid ranged attacked from Eir and avoiding getting eaten by Garm. I kept on getting locked in by the flaming arrow lines and unable to get out fast enough. The one with Canach was a walk in the park by comparison.

After typing /stuck you need to not do anything for...i think a minute or so, doing any actions cancels it.

I haven't found many locations that /stuck couldn't help me out of, but i do remember a few times where it didn't work and i was in an unescapable place. Sometimes figuring out how to get out of a small space is a puzzle but it is usually possible, eventually.

@Kain.6158 said:@mindcircus.1506 The thing that kept on getting me was the damage from the flaming arrow trails whilst trying to avoid ranged attacked from Eir and avoiding getting eaten by Garm. I kept on getting locked in by the flaming arrow lines and unable to get out fast enough. The one with Canach was a walk in the park by comparison.What class are you playing?

@mindcircus.1506 I play a Dragonhunter, against Eir and Garm I was using a greatsword and against Canach it was the longbow. I'd admit that I am without a doubt not the best around by a long shot but I enjoy the Guardian/Dragonhunter style of engage at distance and switch to greatsword when then are up close.