20 Dollars For Mount Skins?!?!

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@wrathmagik.3518 said:Are you high?

On top of that they all look the same! (they are 2000 gems on "sale" for 1600 atm)You can almost buy POF for the same price as mount skins!We all knew that mounts were anets new cash cow but i didn't think they'd price gouge this badly.

Technically it's five skins. This equates to $4 per skin while on sale.

On top of that they all look the same! (they are 2000 gems on "sale" for 1600 atm)You can almost buy POF for the same price as mount skins!We all knew that mounts were anets new cash cow but i didn't think they'd price gouge this badly.

They are totally worth $20.

1,600 gems divided by 5 works out as 320 gems per mount skin. (And the full price work out as 400 gems each.) That's less than some weapon and armour skins cost.

I'm not buying the pack, but that's because I don't really like these particular skins, I think the only one I'd use is the raptor. But I wouldn't mind paying 320 gems for a mount skin I do like.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

Technically it's five skins. This equates to $4 per skin while on sale.

Lets not forget that Anet conveniently made it so you CAN'T buy them individually. Hear the cash register?

@Nick Lentz.6982 said:

@TheRandomGuy.7246 said:

@Nick Lentz.6982 said:You know the great thing about gem store cosmetics? They are entirely optional.

Not if you want to customize your mount.

Sigh. Does that change them being optional.

Cash shop is the only way to customize mounts in a game built and sold around customization. About as optional and consumer friendly as AAA games in 2017 I guess.

@TheRandomGuy.7246 said:

@TheRandomGuy.7246 said:

@Nick Lentz.6982 said:You know the great thing about gem store cosmetics? They are entirely optional.

Cash shop is the only way to customize mounts in a game built
and sold
around customization. About as optional and consumer friendly as AAA games in 2017 I guess.

this game was sold on no mountsThis game was sold on play how you wantThis game was sold on no waiting for healerThis game was sold on guildsThis game was sold just for me.

I could go on, but you seem to not grasp how optional cosmetic seems to work.

And yet one can get the mount skins without spending a single penny of real money. The same cannot be said of PoF.

I wouldnt mind the option to buy them individually ($5 ea?) though.

@Rio.4259 said:I was able to get the gems with gold, luckily. They look great. But they make me feel like the base mounts should at least have two dye channels....the base color and accent color.

Yea this might be good way to conter this horrific gem to gold rate thats been getting hella out of hand latly I say yay to $20 skins lol

@TheRandomGuy.7246 said:

@TheRandomGuy.7246 said:

Cash shop is the only way to customize mounts in a game built
and sold
around customization. About as optional and consumer friendly as AAA games in 2017 I guess.

Doesn't change that you still get five skins and the per skin rate is very reasonable. In the end, they're optional skins as they are not required for anything.

@Nick Lentz.6982 said:

@TheRandomGuy.7246 said:

The entire game can be "optional". But making players pay this expensive for something that should have been on the base mounts (more than 1 poor dye slot) is just abusive.

@Mea.5491 said:Dude, $20 for FIVE mount skins. In most MMOs, you pay $20 for ONE mount skin.

But in others MMOs these are entirely different skins. New animations, new skull... This is just a recolour. Go on paint and make a smoky effect on the back of it. You're done.What ticks me is that Anet purposedly made a poor work on base mounts to make us buy the cash ones...

@ROMANG.1903 said:

@TheRandomGuy.7246 said:

The entire game can be "optional". But making players pay this expensive for something that should have been on the base mounts (more than 1 poor dye slot) is just abusive.

@Mea.5491 said:Dude, $20 for FIVE mount skins. In most MMOs, you pay $20 for ONE mount skin.

But in others MMOs these are entirely different skins. New animations, new skull... This is just a recolour. Go on paint and make a smoky effect on the back of it. You're done.What ticks me is that Anet purposedly made a poor work on base mounts to make us buy the cash ones...

This subject was never about dye options, but about the option of cosmetics for mounts. But there you are.

That's a different subject, which yes was shitty on Anets end.

Archived