Ticket Response

So I submitted a ticket, around 9 days ago, asking about 3 characters that I deleted, if they could be brought back or not. You would think character recovery is being regarded with higher priority on their lists, since if someone creates another with that same name then it becomes impossible to accomplish anymore.Anyways, that is not the main point of this piece of text. If replying to the request with a positive or negative answer is impractical, can there, at least, be an estimate, automatic or not, based on the number of already existing tickets, of how much time it will take to even review the solicitation? Half a week, one month, two... maybe even six? At least there would be something to look forward to, rather than being kept in the dark.

Some players and I can't even play the game right now due to SMS codes not being sent. Submitted a ticket on Sunday about this. Some players even submitted before that. Still no announcement about it. Don't know when they will resolve this. At least an explanation would be nice. You are right about being kept in dark.

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010181213-Restoring-a-Deleted-Characterhttps://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360046638814-Long-Support-Wait-Times

With tens of thousands of tickets in the queue, it takes some time for a ticket to make its way to the forefront.

Good luck.

Hi my friend. Just curious and being a bit snippy for fun, what is your source that there are tens of thousands in the queue? Do you have information that others are not privy to? :)

@Swift.9786 said:You would think character recovery is being regarded with higher priority on their lists, since if someone creates another with that same name then it becomes impossible to accomplish anymore.Hello mate,

Where did you find it's impossible? Made an overwrite myself, then deleted it, as I realized unbreakable tools from previous character were gone. Now stuck in ticket q for 10 days and counting..

@TwinFrozr.6214 said:

@"Swift.9786" said:You would think character recovery is being regarded with higher priority on their lists, since if someone creates another with that same name then it becomes impossible to accomplish anymore.Hello mate,

Where did you find it's impossible? Made an overwrite myself, then deleted it, as I realized unbreakable tools from previous character were gone. Now stuck in ticket q for 10 days and counting..

Says so in the page they linked.https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010181213-Restoring-a-Deleted-CharacterThe name of the character cannot be in use by any other character in the world.

So assuming the new character with the name overwritten your old character name with the data its impossible to get back.

They can however in your case see that you had the tools and dont have them anymore due to accidental deletion.So they can mail them back to you it have happened before.

@Linken.6345 said:

@"Swift.9786" said:You would think character recovery is being regarded with higher priority on their lists, since if someone creates another with that same name then it becomes impossible to accomplish anymore.Hello mate,

Says so in the page they linked.
The name of the character cannot be in use by any other character in the world.

So assuming the new character with the name overwritten your old character name with the data its impossible to get back.

They can however in your case see that you had the tools and dont have them anymore due to accidental deletion.So they can mail them back to you it have happened before.

Thanks for your reply,

I understand that it's not possible to recreate a character if someone else has taken the name. Just hope the name doesn't overwrite the equipment of the previous one... ;/

Edit 2020-06-13Got the desired character back, despite being overwritten by another with the same name. Took 15 days, as a result of high ticket volumes. Ty Anet, best day ever <3

@JustTrogdor.7892 said:

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

With tens of thousands of tickets in the queue, it takes some time for a ticket to make its way to the forefront.

Good luck.

Hi my friend. Just curious and being a bit snippy for fun, what is your source that there are tens of thousands in the queue? Do you have information that others are not privy to? :)

^^ @JustTrogdor.7892 I would say it's an educated guess from a Veteran Gw2 poster @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" .

Tens of thousands might be a ? little over-exaggerated but I'd be certain the number of tickets in the queue is at least a 5-figure number sadly.

There are several hundred thousand active accounts, players spanning EU and NA servers. The sheer volume of players on EU affected by just the Roll-Back Tech. Fiasco problems alone is going to easily be above 10K players due to the number of players that i) use TP, ii) Bought Gems/Items etc ( I've lost count of the number of forum posts about these problems) - and even those that don't use TP or buy gems and items, gold, gem purchases went missing on their accounts etc. etc - we're not talking about just a couple of hundred or even couple of thousand players that were affected by these problems. The Roll-back issue was a massive tech. issue that affected many EU players : We ofc can only speculate just how many, but I'm almost certain its not just a couple of thousand. ( Pretty much every player that i've spoken to that was active at that time whom was either affected themselves in some-way or knows somebody else that was - all these players submitted tickets, some of them multiple tickets out of frustration. ).

Given all the tickets submitted PRIOR to the RB issue, during and after the RB issue, and further all the tickets submitted about every other possible problem in the last 1 month since RB issue, I think it's farily safe to assume that the current ticket waiting list is at least a 5-figure number. I've now been waiting 30 days after submission of my intial ticket for a resolution to the RB problems. Personally, I sustained significant losses along with countless other players. Okay say its extremely likely their is 10,000K Tickets in the queue but the other question remains: How many employees does Anet have working in 1) Customer Support, ii) Game Developer / IT Tech Employees that are exactly working on these problems? We've totally no idea: But I can honestly say I'd be happy to get a resolution in 6 months time, as I cannot see it happening before then :anguished:

The whole RB issue was and is still (30 Day WIP) one MASSIVE kitten sandwich, which I'm sure the Devs are working their hardest on, and I'm sure its causing a fair few headaches on how to sort out such a monumental crash and roll-back issue that caused so many individualistic player account problems: The big question is: Is it possible for the Devs to implement some kind of "blanket-one-fix-all" solution or have they got to analyse each and every single player's account, because if it's the latter this is going to take until 2021....!