are you also waiting for the voice over in the nel living story? — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Living World

are you also waiting for the voice over in the nel living story?

Dantert.1803Dantert.1803 Member ✭✭✭

Since they announced that the new LS chapter would be without voice over until the voice actors could return to the studios I was bummed.
I mean I totally get it but I don't feel like playing the story when I know in the future I can get the voice over.
I think I'll wait until they do put the voice over in or just use a teleport to friend to get in the map without the story.
What is your view about this topic? I'm interested to know what other people think.

Comments

• Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

I normally only do the story once. When they update the episode to include voice overs, I'll probably go back and do the story again on a second character. But I see no reason to wait, as the achievements etc will be much easier to complete when the map is heavily populated (as it is now) then trying to do it in 3 months.

• Jayden Reese.9542Jayden Reese.9542 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2, 2020

Please Delete

Too many Karen's. Too much inconsistent moderation. Delete my forum account like I asked. TY

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

I play without sound a lot of the time anyway, so I'm used to doing stories without voice acting. I normally make a special effort to have time to play when I can have the sound on for new releases, but then I'll repeat it without sound later on. So I'm not worried about it, although it is weird having all the other sound and no voice acting.

I will definitely make sure to play it again once the voice acting is back in though, even if I don't have a character at that point in the story at the right time.

Danielle Aurorel, Desolation EU. Mini Collector

"You can run like a river, Till you end up in the sea
    And you run till night is black, And keep on going in your dreams
    And you know all the long while, It's the journey that you seek
    It's the miles of moving forward, With the wind beneath your wings"

• Thereon.3495Thereon.3495 Member ✭✭✭

Personally I'm waiting...trying to forget the update has even dropped! However its probably easier for me as I have one character who is the Commander and no other, and I don't really pay attention to achievements unless they're fun/can be solo'd anyway. I'm also not playing much these days so its not so in my face that I'm missing out.

• Eloc Freidon.5692Eloc Freidon.5692 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 4, 2020

I had one character go through just to have something compare later. I also missed a couple story achievements, so I can finish those when the voice acting is added. Getting into the map doing the stuff is worth it so get in on that. There's time gated collections and some event achievements are already looking harder to complete as time passes.

• Pifil.5193Pifil.5193 Member ✭✭✭✭

Nope, not waiting, I've played through on my main and I'll go through again when they add the voice acting. There's so much great ambient dialog on the map that I've noticed, that should be great to experience too.

I'm looking forward to experiencing the voiced version but it could be a long, long way away. It cos be a few more episodes down the line, being realistic.

• Aerinndis.2730Aerinndis.2730 Member ✭✭✭

Go through the story in a party with everyone taking a part and reading aloud aloud in Discord or Teamspeak. LOT of fun!

• CETheLucid.3964CETheLucid.3964 Member ✭✭✭✭

Yep. I'm waiting.

• Tukaram.8256Tukaram.8256 Member ✭✭✭

I play without sound anyway (well, no voices, effects barely on, Winamp cranked up). As for the talking scenes - I am still looking for a skip button. If anything... I would be more inclined to do it now ha ha B)

• Fueki.4753Fueki.4753 Member ✭✭✭✭

I played through it on the episode's launch and I'll do so again when the voices are in.
    My earliest estimate: next year.