"Blue Dot" Teleporting — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Living World

"Blue Dot" Teleporting

notebene.3190notebene.3190 Member ✭✭✭✭

Can someone explain what that is and how it works? I think I see people doing it in the Drizzlewood map, as they are able to get to those cache bosses pretty quickly after the meta, and I'm trudging along flying (though I managed to get the achievement done for all finally). Is it something I need to buy from someone?

In the event I don't get a chance, thank you all for the company and help when I needed it from time to time.

Comments

• Jayden Reese.9542Jayden Reese.9542 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2, 2020

Please Delete

Too many Karen's. Too much inconsistent moderation. Delete my forum account like I asked. TY

• notebene.3190notebene.3190 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'll have to try that, thanks.

In the event I don't get a chance, thank you all for the company and help when I needed it from time to time.

• Aerinndis.2730Aerinndis.2730 Member ✭✭✭

I found you cannot click on the icon if you are already airborne. You have to be on the ground for it to work. I have done it while mounted but only on the ground.

• Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

When you port you'll appear mid-air falling slowly with a parachute. You can easily swap to your Griffon (if you have it) and go into a nose dive for speed. It works really well for getting those Cache Champs after the meta: just watch the map for the icon to bling, or where the commander tag goes, port and then dive.

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Aerinndis.2730 said:
    I found you cannot click on the icon if you are already airborne. You have to be on the ground for it to work.

That is correct, and I agree that it doesn't make sense and happens to be an annoyance a lot of the time.

Yes, I found it quite annoying to not be able to click and go while mounted.

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Aerinndis.2730 said:
    Yes, I found it quite annoying to not be able to click and go while mounted.

You can do that try it with a raptor, bunny, jackal etc so your not accidently in the air.

Sorry, I meant mounted and in the air. I have had no issues with land mounts.