Does No Quarter have voice acting in it yet? — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Living World

Does No Quarter have voice acting in it yet?

I don't really want to start the episode until it has voice acting so I was wondering if they've added it to the game yet?

Comments

• Randin.5701Randin.5701 Member ✭✭
    edited June 4, 2020

Probably ask again in a couple months. I could potentially see it going in alongside the next LW episode

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

Apparently the voice acting is recorded in Los Angeles, so it depends on when the shelter-in-place order is lifted there and they're allowed to have people in the studio again If you're able to keep an eye out for news from California you should be able to find out when that's happening. (And since so much of the entertainment industry, and many others, are based there I'm sure it will be talked about when the city is able to return to normal.)

Although Anet recording voice acting might be later than many businesses reopening because they sent their employees home before there was an official requirement to do so, and recording dialogue involves having several people in a small space with limited ventilation (windows mess with acoustics, especially if they're open, and air conditioning can't be too loud) for several hours at a time, which is ideal conditions to spread a virus. So they might wait longer to make sure it's definitely safe.

But whenever it does happen I'm sure they'll let us know.

Danielle Aurorel, Desolation EU. Mini Collector

"You can run like a river, Till you end up in the sea
    And you run till night is black, And keep on going in your dreams
    And you know all the long while, It's the journey that you seek
    It's the miles of moving forward, With the wind beneath your wings"

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

It's not just shelter-in-place that needs to be lifted, but social distancing, perhaps. It's not like the performers can wear masks, likely.
    Also, if you keep up with the news, the performer's unions may have an impact on when performers return, as well.

• Headcase.4618Headcase.4618 Member ✭✭

IIRC, some studios have figured out ways to allow voice actors to record their lines from home, either by sending equipment to their houses or through other means. Not saying that they should do it if already considered it, but it definitely seems possible to get some VO work done

• Shadowmoon.7986Shadowmoon.7986 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 11, 2020

I thought covid was over, at least the news outlet and protesters are acting like that.
    Edit: yes it is a sarcastic joke.

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Shadowmoon.7986 said:
    I thought covid was over

You're joking, right? Just because people act like it was over doesn't mean it is. This won't be over until there is a vaccine.

• Blude.6812Blude.6812 Member ✭✭✭✭

@inch.3769 said:
    I don't really want to start the episode until it has voice acting so I was wondering if they've added it to the game yet?

Anet will announce it with fanfair. No need to check.

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 11, 2020

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Shadowmoon.7986 said:
    I thought covid was over

You're joking, right?

Pretty certain they were ;)

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• Oh come on. It's funny to hear the caveman grunt conversation between characters at least once.

• bump did the story yday. No voice yet.

• Fenom.9457Fenom.9457 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Randulf.7614 said:
    If it was going to be this quick they’d have just delayed release. I can’t see it being earlier than next episode if we are lucky

You think they would have delayed a release in May as long as the end of September/early October?

I'd rather keep going.. wherever the wind takes us

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:
    If it was going to be this quick they’d have just delayed release. I can’t see it being earlier than next episode if we are lucky

You think they would have delayed a release in May as long as the end of September/early October?

No?

You did see the date of my reply and the OP right?

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• Fenom.9457Fenom.9457 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 1, 2020

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:

No?

You did see the date of my reply and the OP right?

uh... ok, nevermind LOL

I'd rather keep going.. wherever the wind takes us

• Bristingr.5034Bristingr.5034 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 1, 2020

@Headcase.4618 said:
    IIRC, some studios have figured out ways to allow voice actors to record their lines from home, either by sending equipment to their houses or through other means. Not saying that they should do it if already considered it, but it definitely seems possible to get some VO work done

South Park did their entire "Pandemic Special" episode (recording, animation, etc.) from their homes.

• Tyson.5160Tyson.5160 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Bristingr.5034 said:

@Headcase.4618 said:

South Park did their entire "Pandemic Special" episode (recording, animation, etc.) from their homes.

They have been recording from home.

https://mobile.twitter.com/GuildWars2/status/1304119936617381888

How do you think they had the VO for Sunqua peak?

• Odin.8270Odin.8270 Member ✭✭
    edited October 10, 2020

Whats the hold up? seriously this is taking forever... i cant even play gw2 anymore.

• @Odin.8270 said:
    Whats the hold up? seriously this is taking forever... i cant even play gw2 anymore.

Exactly the same case. Would love to have the full experience and eventually stopped playing until VO comes back.

• Fingers crossed for this Tuesday patch. :'(

I’m thinking more like the November release.

• Teratus.2859Teratus.2859 Member ✭✭✭✭

As long as it comes in before any new episodes are released i'll keep being patient.

It's been almost half a year for me since I got any new Gw2 content so that is starting to drag a bit.. not that it can be helped but it's still frustrating.
    I just don't want to see a "hey guys new episode fully voiced coming next month" announcement from Anet anytime soon.. i'll be seriously kittened off if they prioritised new content over fixing the last 2 episodes after they promised the voice patch would be their priority after the fractal.
    My patience has limits lol and I hate having to forcefully stop myself playing the last 2 episodes because I know i'll ruin them for myself if I play them without any voice acting XD

@Teratus.2859 said:
    As long as it comes in before any new episodes are released i'll keep being patient.

It's been almost half a year for me since I got any new Gw2 content so that is starting to drag a bit.. not that it can be helped but it's still frustrating.
    I just don't want to see a "hey guys new episode fully voiced coming next month" announcement from Anet anytime soon.. i'll be seriously kittened off if they prioritised new content over fixing the last 2 episodes after they promised the voice patch would be their priority after the fractal.
    My patience has limits lol and I hate having to forcefully stop myself playing the last 2 episodes because I know i'll ruin them for myself if I play them without any voice acting XD

I reckon itll launch with the next episode to be honest since they are likely recording it all together anyway

• Teratus.2859Teratus.2859 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Teratus.2859 said:

I reckon itll launch with the next episode to be honest since they are likely recording it all together anyway

Dunno how i'd feel about that in general but it would be acceptable.
    Problem would be splitting the players, those who played the existing maps for the last few months would move on to the new one diminishing the population of the last map.
    But that would also allow those of us waiting to get a more nooby first time experience with the last map so I dunno.. kinda swings both ways in the pros and cons I guess.

@Teratus.2859 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Teratus.2859 said:

Problem would be splitting the players, those who played the existing maps for the last few months would move on to the new one diminishing the population of the last map.
    But that would also allow those of us waiting to get a more nooby first time experience with the last map so I dunno.. kinda swings both ways in the pros and cons I guess.

Personally, I played the story once so as to not have the plot ruined and I’m saving the additional play through on alts for when it’s voice acted.

@Tyson.5160 said:

@Teratus.2859 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Teratus.2859 said:

Personally, I played the story once so as to not have the plot ruined and I’m saving the additional play through on alts for when it’s voice acted.

Exactly what I did