Does No Quarter have voice acting in it yet? — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Living World

Does No Quarter have voice acting in it yet?

I don't really want to start the episode until it has voice acting so I was wondering if they've added it to the game yet?

Comments

• Randin.5701Randin.5701 Member ✭✭
    edited June 4, 2020

Probably ask again in a couple months. I could potentially see it going in alongside the next LW episode

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

Apparently the voice acting is recorded in Los Angeles, so it depends on when the shelter-in-place order is lifted there and they're allowed to have people in the studio again If you're able to keep an eye out for news from California you should be able to find out when that's happening. (And since so much of the entertainment industry, and many others, are based there I'm sure it will be talked about when the city is able to return to normal.)

Although Anet recording voice acting might be later than many businesses reopening because they sent their employees home before there was an official requirement to do so, and recording dialogue involves having several people in a small space with limited ventilation (windows mess with acoustics, especially if they're open, and air conditioning can't be too loud) for several hours at a time, which is ideal conditions to spread a virus. So they might wait longer to make sure it's definitely safe.

But whenever it does happen I'm sure they'll let us know.

Danielle Aurorel, Desolation EU. Mini Collector

"You can run like a river, Till you end up in the sea
    And you run till night is black, And keep on going in your dreams
    And you know all the long while, It's the journey that you seek
    It's the miles of moving forward, With the wind beneath your wings"

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

It's not just shelter-in-place that needs to be lifted, but social distancing, perhaps. It's not like the performers can wear masks, likely.
    Also, if you keep up with the news, the performer's unions may have an impact on when performers return, as well.

• Headcase.4618Headcase.4618 Member ✭✭

IIRC, some studios have figured out ways to allow voice actors to record their lines from home, either by sending equipment to their houses or through other means. Not saying that they should do it if already considered it, but it definitely seems possible to get some VO work done

• Shadowmoon.7986Shadowmoon.7986 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 11, 2020

I thought covid was over, at least the news outlet and protesters are acting like that.
    Edit: yes it is a sarcastic joke.

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Shadowmoon.7986 said:
    I thought covid was over

You're joking, right? Just because people act like it was over doesn't mean it is. This won't be over until there is a vaccine.

• Blude.6812Blude.6812 Member ✭✭✭✭

@inch.3769 said:
    I don't really want to start the episode until it has voice acting so I was wondering if they've added it to the game yet?

Anet will announce it with fanfair. No need to check.

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 11, 2020

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Shadowmoon.7986 said:
    I thought covid was over

You're joking, right?

Pretty certain they were ;)

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• Oh come on. It's funny to hear the caveman grunt conversation between characters at least once.