How do I make gold if I dont already have it??

@JekthAvid.1408 said:I do daily achievements and daily crafts. I'm at 94% map completion (never really WENT FOR IT), I do gather mats. I didn't think bounties gave too much reward, but I'll look into itBounties are awful money. Map completion is not a money maker.

1. Do your dailies for 2g per day.
  2. Sell your Materials after salvaging unidentified gear (Including Ectos and Charms)
  3. Farm Volatile Magic and buy Trophy crates
  4. Leverage any Laurels you may have into Heavy crafting bags
  5. Participate in high value meta events: Chak Gerent, Tarir, Dragon's Stand
  6. Paticipate in any of the popular Farm Maps: Drizzlewood, Dragonfall and Silverwastes (Understanding that the bonus round of these events is usually the most lucrative part of it)
  7. Turn your daily ascended crafting into Ascended materials and TP those
  8. Liquidate any Mystic Coins you got from Login Rewards via the TP.
  9. Play PvP/Automated Tournaments

Prioritising your spending helps a lot too. You said you average about 20g, but I doubt that means you've only ever gotten to 20g and then never spent anything. Whenever I start on a big goal which will need a lot of gold (especially when I made a legendary) one of the first things I do is ban myself from spending gold on anything else I don't need.

There's actually very few things you need to buy with gold in this game, pretty much just salvage kits and waypoints, and I try to keep waypoint use to a minimum. Of course there's a lot of things you can buy, but none of it is needed to play, so when I want something expensive I weigh up how much I want it compared to all the other stuff I could be buying, and unless there's an absolute 'must have' item, which I also couldn't wait and get later for some reason, I don't buy it. Once I do that the gold starts to accumulate.

Other than that meta events are the best way to make gold without needing lots to start investing. Don't look for items which are individually valuable, it can happen but it's rare and not a reliable way to make money. Instead you salvage the blues and greens and even rares (although some people sell those) and sell the materials, and the money adds up.

@JekthAvid.1408 said:Okay, listen. I've played this game for a long time, (4ish years) and my average gold is still around 20... so, uh... any if you rich people care to help me out?

Hm, if you have 20g after 4 years you will never have more gold as you spend it when you get it, completely independent how fast you get it :)

Probably, it would be easy for you to get rich, should you see rich as a goal: Don't spend it.

@Danikat.8537 said:Prioritising your spending helps a lot too. You said you average about 20g, but I doubt that means you've only ever gotten to 20g and then never spent anything. Whenever I start on a big goal which will need a lot of gold (especially when I made a legendary) one of the first things I do is ban myself from spending gold on anything else I don't need.@Dayra.7405 said:

Hm, if you have 20g after 4 years you will never have more gold as you spend it when you get it, completely independent how fast you get it :)

Probably, it would be easy for you to get rich, should you see rich as a goal: Don't spend it.

So you're saying... Use self-control?! DANGIT I'M SO BAD AT THAT(But in all seriousness... thanks! I'll try to spend less.)

@JekthAvid.1408 said:

@Danikat.8537 said:Prioritising your spending helps a lot too. You said you average about 20g, but I doubt that means you've only ever gotten to 20g and then never spent anything. Whenever I start on a big goal which will need a lot of gold (especially when I made a legendary) one of the first things I do is ban myself from spending gold on anything else I don't need.@Dayra.7405 said:

So you're saying... Use self-control?! DANGIT I'M SO BAD AT THAT(But in all seriousness... thanks! I'll try to spend less.)

Trust me I know the feeling. Some people like to always keep a minimum amount of gold in their wallet just in case (often more than the maximum I usually have at once) and I've said before I don't like doing that because I have to deal with budgeting and saving money just in case in real life, in games where there's no serious consequences for going broke I'd rather just save until I can afford the next thing I want and then spend it all and start over.

It does get easier though, especially if you're doing it because you want the thing you're saving for more than the other stuff you could buy with the same gold. That on it's own provides an incentive not to spend it on something else.

@JekthAvid.1408 said:

Yes ... to use my alt account as an example since that should be a decent representation of someone that might just login to do daily and a bit of other stuff each day. Plus I use the daily from that to play for a custom arena up keep once a month so that is a fairly consistent 60g per month of spending. Since the last time that account was paid for, it is now back to 148g and there are still another 2 weeks and 5 days before it needs to be paid again.

@Danikat.8537 said:

Trust me I know the feeling. Some people like to always keep a minimum amount of gold in their wallet just in case (often more than the maximum I usually have at once) and I've said before I don't like doing that because I have to deal with budgeting and saving money just in case in real life, in games where there's no serious consequences for going broke I'd rather just save until I can afford the next thing I want and then spend it all and start over.

It does get easier though, especially if you're doing it because you want the thing you're saving for more than the other stuff you could buy with the same gold. That on it's own provides an incentive not to spend it on something else.

I just like to round things off. If I have 1xxg I will try to avoid spending that would put me under 100g. If I have 1xxx g I would avoid spending that puts me below 1000g, etc. It's not super strict but if I do go under I try go back above before further spending and that is only for big purchases so stuff like WP, salvage kits and gathering tools are excluded.

In terms of good ways to make gold, what is best depends on what you enjoy doing in the game.

Fractals can be very easy gold(you could get that 20g in a day) but that doesn't matter if you don't enjoy it.You could also hop from one meta to another that rewards an amalgamated gemstone and sell those.

There are plenty of other options so that is just two examples. They both require some prep work. For fractals you'll need to plan for ascended and AR while the meta train would require unlocking the various waypoints and potentially parking a character at a particular spot depending on how much you want to optimize.

@JekthAvid.1408 said:Okay, listen. I've played this game for a long time, (4ish years) and my average gold is still around 20... so, uh... any if you rich people care to help me out?

this information paired with this:

@JekthAvid.1408 said:I do daily achievements and daily crafts. I'm at 94% map completion (never really WENT FOR IT), I do gather mats. I didn't think bounties gave too much reward, but I'll look into it

Paints a very simply picture here. You are spending as much as you are making. The solution is simple: spend less and you can acquire gold.

The question is: what are you aiming for with more gold? If your needs and expenses are met, then it does not matter how much gold you have. If you want more gold to expand the possibilities to gain gold, that works but also bears risks. If you expect to magically gain more gold by having more gold, careful with this assumption. Most often, having more gold just leads to more spending as well.

In the end this all boils down to 1 thing:Managing your expenses with your gold income.