Please recommend a class for low hand-eye coordination

Having passed the 50s I'm with you xdFirst, I would say pick a class that you like as playstyle and work on a build later.

I'm biased to guardian (my first and main pg) and using an old tomebrand build. Tomes + mantras with scepter-torch.

Other options:

Flamethrower engi (just point and burn with the occasional turret or elixir)

The omnipresent pewpew ranger (longbow+pet)

Minionmancer necro, easily switchable to shouts-wells if you don't want pets. Maybe this one is the most forgiving of all (even I can solo guild bounties with it).

There are many other good builds but I think those are the ones that require less micromanagement. Have fun with your daughter! ^^

Hi,

Which game modes are you looking to take part in? PVE/PVP/WVWPVE

• Open World: For open world, all classes/builds are pretty viable. If you find yourself having issues managing dodges, you can always stack up on armors with higher vitality (more health) and more toughness (more defense). In terms of easier classes to play, I'd suggest necro (core, reaper, scourge), guardian (core, dragon hunter, firebrand) or ranger (core, druid, soulbeast). They all have great surviveability, good damage, and support options that are helpful in group play. Warrior is also a pretty good option, but I have less experience playing the class. Check here for some options: https://metabattle.com/wiki/Open_World

• Raids/Fractals: When picking a class for these types of pve content, the biggest thing to be aware of is how difficult is the "rotation" or how complex is the order you have to use your abilities. I would personally suggest starting with a DPS oriented build as you don't have to worry about mechanics; however, if you choose a support class, it will force you to learn the encounter and in turn will make playing other classes much easier down the road. Some great options for this are: Staff Daredevil, Power Dragon Hunter, and Bannerslave Warrior builds. The warrior build might be one of the easier ones as people are usually happy enough if you just plop down your banner. You can check out some builds here: https://metabattle.com/wiki/Raid

PVP

• I think all classes are pretty hard to play in this game mode, so choose the class which you have the most knowledge on. Success here will be determined by how well you know your class/build (what are my dmg abilities, my stun breaks, my cc, etc.), how well you know other classes and how well you know map rotations. I think an easier class to pick up for PVP is ranger or guardian. they both have builds with great sustain that offer you a higher margin of error than some other classes. Also, memes aside, there is a flamethrower engineer build that is easy to pick up and quite effective:

WVW

• Roaming: Similar to PVP, choose a class you have experience with and with high mobility. Ranger is solid class for this.
  • Zerg: You can pretty much pick anything for this as you will be running around with groups of 30+ people so any shortcomings will be made up by other people in the group. To maximize your experience, I'd suggest a class with great aoe capabilities like Necro (Scourge) or guardian (firebrand). But really anything works.

When in doubt https://metabattle.com/wiki/MetaBattle_Wiki is a great resource for build ideas.

Best of luck!

Take a Necro, skill for Scourge (needs lv80 + 250 HP), use Carrion armor/weapons and Rabid trinkets, (this will ensure you have full Condition Damage, good defenses and at least some Power damage and crits), take Scepter/Torch as your weapons and equip a full bar of Minion skills.

Use Curses, Death Magic and Scouge for your traits. Use Rune of the Lich, Sigil of Bursting and Sigil of Corruption. For food use Saffron Stuffed Mushroom and Tuning Icicles, which are cheap and effective.

This is essentially an "everything" build, it even provides a bit of support to allies (cleanses, barriers, etc.).

If possible, use higher gear qualities (full Exotics minimum, Ascended if possible), so that you have even more room to make mistakes. Ascended trinkets are half your stats and are easy to obtain from Laurels, Fractals, Guild Missions, and LS3, 4 & 5 maps.

@"FredMark.3845" said:I would like to play with my daughter but I am having difficulty with any fast paced combat games.If there is a class recommendation that would be suitable for my diminishing abilities, I would appreciate that.

Hi! Welcome to GW2!

I came up with this build for my girlfriend, who is very adamant about not wanting to learn anything because she hates combat, okay? OKAY!? Right then...moving on.

Now this build isn't going to perform well. The damage will be low, but perhaps better than it should be? But it should allow you to survive and kill things in open world/story content quite effortlessly and without any skill, knowledge, speed, or even much gold. No weapon swapping, utilities, healing skills. You can literally just push buttons (or not) and still win. You don't even have to move! Just push 1 and dodge and you win. And if that's taking it too far, you can easily adapt this to a more shall we say interactive build? This is just the most dead simple design I could come up with and it actually works! Check it out...

Edit: I should note that this does require the PoF expansion and unlocking the Mirage elite spec. If you can get that far, you're golden! And if you happen to be on NA servers and need a hand with that, I am happy to assist!

I realized that video is a few years out of date, so I went ahead and made a quick video demonstration of a champion solo using more or less the same setup. Only this time I've given myself the handicap of using all level 80 green gear (yeah, the stuff you salvage for mats all the time!)! Why not spice things up a bit, right?

Thank you guys for help.Jelle even wrote the whole article.As for the question which mode I am looking for -- I am going to stick with PvE for now. If I am lucky to find a guild, I will probably participate in "Zerg" as suggested.

So far I tried longbow ranger as Marpo suggested and It felt comfortable. Will try "minomancer" next.

@FredMark.3845 said:I would like to play with my daughter but I am having difficulty with any fast paced combat games.If there is a class recommendation that would be suitable for my diminishing abilities, I would appreciate that.

The easiest is by far minion mancer.Pro : Very forgiving, extremely durable, hit hard enough to steamroll content + pet tank for you.Con : pet are ugly and can feel boring in a long run (only if you love fast play-style ofc)

Mirage staff-staff (look at Lord Hizen on Youtube) is also extremely resilient, but you'll have to dodge a lot, so combat action need to be faster and timed more than necro.

If you want to play and chill, it's probably the best pick.

I'll said ranger come as a good second, but not as durable as necro.

@Orack.9756 said:

@FredMark.3845 said:I would like to play with my daughter but I am having difficulty with any fast paced combat games.If there is a class recommendation that would be suitable for my diminishing abilities, I would appreciate that.

The easiest is by far minion mancer.Pro : Very forgiving, extremely durable, hit hard enough to steamroll content + pet tank for you.Con : pet are ugly and can feel boring in a long run (only if you love fast play-style ofc)

Mirage staff-staff (look at Lord Hizen on Youtube) is also extremely resilient, but you'll have to dodge a lot, so combat action need to be faster and timed more than necro.

If you want to play and chill, it's probably the best pick.

I'll said ranger come as a good second, but not as durable as necro.

I disagree a bit on the timing aspect for mirage. Unless you are fighting single targets (i.e. bosses), you will generally find yourself burning endurance to avoid capping it due to sigil of stamina. Every time a target dies it's a full endurance refill. So, when fighting groups of trash in open world you actually want to just push 1 and dodge as fast as you can. It will deal more damage than anything else you can do on staff mirage and you will evade the entire time.

You can see this in play in my first staff mirage video. I just stand in fire and push dodge repeatedly while multiple hydras chain CC me. Some hits land, some get evaded, but the hydras die either way and my health bar doesn't really move. It doesn't get any less complicated than a build that works just by pushing 2 buttons and standing still!