Li / Killproof for Strikes are a Problem

123457>

Comments

• Asum.4960Asum.4960 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 3, 2020

@Yggranya.5201 said:

@Hyrai.8720 said:

@Yggranya.5201 said:
    I just repeat what i have seen, nothing more, nothing less.

So youre basically a parrot that doesnt even understand what it's saying. Great...
    What you're representing here are highly subjective and individual experiences/opinions and in no way reliable sources. You should use websites like gw2efficiency etc. to get a deeper understanding of wealth distribution across the gw2 community and that raiders have the tendency to be richer and thus are less reliant on rewards.
    (though they did get this rich by playing lucrative content of course^^)

Nah, i just tell you only what i have seen. It's true it is nothing but personal experience (which should be obvious, i mean come on...) but since it's true for every MMO i have played, can't really tell you anything else. Anytime anyone anywhere start talking about difficulty, sooner rather than later the people who say they "enjoy" difficulty come to tell everyone how it should give more stuff, every time. They, of course, also say they enjoy it but as soon as someone tells them "isn't it supposed to be fun for you, why more stuff?" the raiders especially knock them down with the might of a thousand suns.

Even as someone who after having played for 8+ years doesn't really care much about rewards anymore and just enjoys Raiding for the gameplay and social aspect still have to say I do find it silly that brain afk auto attacking in some open world zerg gives up to 300%+ of the rewards per hour, without cap, than the most difficult organised group content in the game does once per week.
    Just in terms of principle that doesn't make sense, just like if someone studied law or medicine mainly just because they enjoy it, they probably expect to earn more than if they had just gone directly into menial labor, so someone gearing and preparing for and learning Raids just for the fun of it might still expect rewards at least in parity to what they would get from holding down one in a zerg.
    It's logical that much greater effort should be more rewarding.

Imo better rewards for Raids would be nice as carrot for more people to get into it, to then stay for the gameplay and community they might enjoy and form. They are not so much a personal concern though.

I get that Anet really, really wants people to play their LW stuff, but they are stacking the deck a bit much in terms of to what content they lure players to with their loot carrots.

Complaining about rewards doesn't mean that's all or even mainly what people play for though.

R.I.P. Build Templates, 15.10.2019

• Yggranya.5201Yggranya.5201 Member ✭✭✭

@Asum.4960 said:

@Yggranya.5201 said:

@Hyrai.8720 said:

@Yggranya.5201 said:

So youre basically a parrot that doesnt even understand what it's saying. Great...
    What you're representing here are highly subjective and individual experiences/opinions and in no way reliable sources. You should use websites like gw2efficiency etc. to get a deeper understanding of wealth distribution across the gw2 community and that raiders have the tendency to be richer and thus are less reliant on rewards.

Nah, i just tell you only what i have seen. It's true it is nothing but personal experience (which should be obvious, i mean come on...) but since it's true for every MMO i have played, can't really tell you anything else. Anytime anyone anywhere start talking about difficulty, sooner rather than later the people who say they "enjoy" difficulty come to tell everyone how it should give more stuff, every time. They, of course, also say they enjoy it but as soon as someone tells them "isn't it supposed to be fun for you, why more stuff?" the raiders especially knock them down with the might of a thousand suns.

Even as someone who after having played for 8+ years doesn't really care much about rewards anymore and just enjoys Raiding for the gameplay and social aspect still have to say I do find it silly that brain afk auto attacking in some open world zerg gives up to 300%+ of the rewards per hour, without cap, than the most difficult organised group content in the game does once per week.
    Just in terms of principle that doesn't make sense, just like if someone studied law or medicine mainly just because they enjoy it, they probably expect to earn more than if they had just gone directly into menial labor, so someone gearing and preparing for and learning Raids just for the fun of it might still expect rewards at least in parity to what they would get from holding down one in a zerg.

Imo better rewards for Raids would be nice as carrot for more people to get into it, to then stay for the gameplay and community they might enjoy and form. They are not so much a personal concern though.

I get that Anet really, really wants people to play their LW stuff, but they are stacking the deck a bit much in terms of to what content they lure players to with their loot carrots.

Complaining about rewards doesn't mean that's all or even mainly what people play for though.

Ahh, the good ol' excuses. Funny how they, like everything else are always the same.

• @Astralporing.1957 said:

@Arcaniaxs.4519 said:
    Seriously is it this hard for u ppl to go raiding and find a training squad to teach you how to kill a boss? And then with Your LIs go find a strike

Apparently, yes. If you haven't noticed, that is even the primary reason behind why Strikes were even created. If raids were more popular, they would be the content to be developed, and Devs would not feel the need to create "steping stones" to them. They definitely did not intend for raids to be stepping stones to strikes.

So, something obviously went wrong. That part at least seems undeniable to me, even if we all are not in agreement on the precise details of that "something".

Agree with Arca, you forgot there are people who enjoy WvW and PvP more than Raiding for endgame content. Strike was meant to be like casual things I think for PvE to get some money or drop.

• ButcherofMalakir.4067ButcherofMalakir.4067 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Yggranya.5201 said:

@yann.1946 said:

@Yggranya.5201 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Arcaniaxs.4519 said:
    Strikes have better loot and they are daily

This is the problem, IMO. If strikes are to be the steps leading to raiding, then strikes shouldn't have better loot. What's the incentive to raid, then?

I thought it was the "challenge"? or has that always been a lie?

LIke maybe the raidcommunity isn't a monolith who have different reasons/motivations to raid.
    Who would have thought that

So, it's is the rewards again, right? That much is obvious, of course. When you see it once, you know it's true everywhere and i have seen the same in every game. Not every individual, of course but mostly, yes.

I play only raids. I dont use gold for anything. I have my legendary armor already. Nothing to gain from raids exept the fun.
    I dont play anything else here because it is not fun for me. Maybe exept strikes sometime.

If all raiders are thete for rewards. They learn the builds and get correct gear. Then why dont they relise that farming silverwastes while watching a movie provide more value?

• Antioche.7034Antioche.7034 Member ✭✭

@Yggranya.5201 said:

@Asum.4960 said:

@Yggranya.5201 said:

@Hyrai.8720 said:

@Yggranya.5201 said:

Ahh, the good ol' excuses. Funny how they, like everything else are always the same.

Just to react quickly to this, even though the whole discussion concerning why people are playing raids is completly irrelevant to the thread, most people I know and raid with some times in the month are clearing all the wings around thrice a week, and most of them aren't doing it on alts, which means they basically get 6 unid gear for clearing the boss. Most raiders are raiding for fun, to learn new roles/proffessions/specs, or to try new strats or more hardcore kills. Honestly, rewards are just a kind of nice bonus that are around aswell.
    Overall there are many issues in the game that deserves fixing before "rewards" are fixed. Would have to study the number of gold you get from each content to even know if it requires balancing.

• Giotto.2607Giotto.2607 Member ✭✭

I think all those fracs and raids should be mini dungeons, instance content should not be include in GW2. It causing too many skill balance issues in this game and less people playing them. GW2 should not be an instance content game.

• Hi Giotto ,

I disagree that all content should be open world. You are correct in that hard instances content does present a skill gap. However , the skill gap between a benchmark raid berserker and a gold farm warrior has always existed even before raids. Asking for kill proof or li in strikes just a visible way that the player skill gap manifests in the game.

• TheQuickFox.3826TheQuickFox.3826 Member ✭✭✭✭
    100 LI [&AmT2LQEA]
    150 LI [&Apb2LQEA]
    200 LI [&Asj2LQEA]
    250 LI [&Avr2LQEA]

There you go.

Ascalon Will Prevail!

GW Wiki user page | GW2 Wiki user page

• Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

I think many groups requesting LI have moved to the site that uses the API so good luck faking that.

• Arcaniaxs.4519Arcaniaxs.4519 Member ✭✭✭

@Giotto.2607 said:
    I think all those fracs and raids should be mini dungeons, instance content should not be include in GW2. It causing too many skill balance issues in this game and less people playing them. GW2 should not be an instance content game.

So u are basically saying everyone should go for gold farming and pvp content and auto attacking world bosses xD
    Btw story is also a instance content part so watch your words mate:)))

• Lilyanna.9361Lilyanna.9361 Member ✭✭✭✭

Stop saying this.

I LFG for strikes EVERY single day and I have NEVER, EVER been asked to reveal KI ever. And one hundred percent of the time I don't even host my own squad, I'm usually the one playing the Quickness Bran Power Support or Scourge in the group.

This excessive whining needs to stop. I already lost raids, don't ruin strikes as well because YOU yourself keep getting into the wrong groups. The bad ones that can EASILY be ignored. That's how content gets ignored and gets cut and we go back to the boring run around open world kitten again.

• DirtyDan.4759DirtyDan.4759 Member ✭✭✭

Make your own group.

• Hyrai.8720Hyrai.8720 Member ✭✭✭

@Yggranya.5201 said:
    Nah, i just tell you only what i have seen.

seems to me like you only see what you want to see...

ah, there we go.
    any statement that doesnt agree with your biased opinion is either a lie or an excuse.
    thats one way to stay inside your personal bubble of bias.