WvW roaming. Not as decent as it looks - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home WvW

WvW roaming. Not as decent as it looks

2>

Comments

• Kylden Ar.3724Kylden Ar.3724 Member ✭✭✭✭

Roaming as it was is dead. Havoc is dead. It's all the Zerg and server stacking now.

How many times we gotta tell you GRIND IS NOT CONTENT there ANet?

Leader of Tyrian Adventure Corp [TACO], [RaW][TACO] Alliance, Kaineng.

• saerni.2584saerni.2584 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Zinzon.4081 said:

@Doug.4930 said:

@Flee.5602 said:
    Do you think If a 1V1 duel : PvE player PvP player WvW player Who will win the most!

Generally Spvp players win because most WvW players zerg. Spvp vs Roamers isn't really a fair comparison. Builds that are used for roaming can be either not effective or non existent in spvp and vice versa. Roaming and Spvp are completely different and you can't really compare the two.

But when it comes to a duel where the only factor is defeating the other player, I would give the edge to the roamer. In Spvp winning 1v1's isn't as important as team synergy. In spvp you need to know which points to rotate to, which fights to take, when to retreat etc. Spvp at the end of the day is about holding points through clever tactics and working well with your team. The best Spvp players should have tactics that ensure that they take fair fights as infrequently as possible.

But how would you judge this? Many roamers play Spvp and many Spvp players roam. Roaming is probably better practice for dueling because defeating your opponent is your only concern and therefore the only thing you need to focus on to build ability.

Thats ofcourse discounting spvp players who go to dueling lobbies, as thats not really spvp.

I disagree on the roamer > spvp player in 1vs1 as it IS the most important aspect of spvp. If you can't handle a 1vs1 and die, for 30 sec your team must handle a 4vs5. And, that's the simplest to loose the match. After that there is a bunch of notion like, rotation, +1'ing, 1vs2, 1vs2 kiting using environment, builds & role, etc.

Plus, factor in that most of the roamers end up not actually fighting in outnumbered or fair fight. Most of the time it will be more like ganking parties of decent players.

Also the average spvp player will be better than the average roamers from my experience.

It varies. Some WvW roaming players are top tier because they have lots of experience fighting versus good players 1v2 or 1v3 and holding their own. But sPvP players can be great if they are good duelists for the same reasons that winning a hard 1v2 in sPvP is a solid way to improve your teams odds of winning.

Hard part is that WvW uses gear, food, runes and sigils that don’t exist in sPvP so it just plays differently.

I’d say, put a WvW player in sPvP or put a sPvP player in WvW the results will on average favor the person who is more comfortable with the game mode, which may be the person who plays both.

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
    Deadeye (Thief)
    Commandant of P/D and Apex Predator

• AliamRationem.5172AliamRationem.5172 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Zinzon.4081 said:

@Doug.4930 said:

@Flee.5602 said:
    Do you think If a 1V1 duel : PvE player PvP player WvW player Who will win the most!

Generally Spvp players win because most WvW players zerg. Spvp vs Roamers isn't really a fair comparison. Builds that are used for roaming can be either not effective or non existent in spvp and vice versa. Roaming and Spvp are completely different and you can't really compare the two.

But when it comes to a duel where the only factor is defeating the other player, I would give the edge to the roamer. In Spvp winning 1v1's isn't as important as team synergy. In spvp you need to know which points to rotate to, which fights to take, when to retreat etc. Spvp at the end of the day is about holding points through clever tactics and working well with your team. The best Spvp players should have tactics that ensure that they take fair fights as infrequently as possible.

But how would you judge this? Many roamers play Spvp and many Spvp players roam. Roaming is probably better practice for dueling because defeating your opponent is your only concern and therefore the only thing you need to focus on to build ability.

Thats ofcourse discounting spvp players who go to dueling lobbies, as thats not really spvp.

I disagree on the roamer > spvp player in 1vs1 as it IS the most important aspect of spvp. If you can't handle a 1vs1 and die, for 30 sec your team must handle a 4vs5. And, that's the simplest to loose the match. After that there is a bunch of notion like, rotation, +1'ing, 1vs2, 1vs2 kiting using environment, builds & role, etc.

Plus, factor in that most of the roamers end up not actually fighting in outnumbered or fair fight. Most of the time it will be more like ganking parties of decent players.

Also the average spvp player will be better than the average roamers from my experience.

To be fair, PvP uses a matchmaking system while WvW does not. So, unless you're a below average player yourself, you would expect to see above average competition in PvP than you do outside of it. This tells us nothing about the outliers, however. For instance, what about the roamers that do fight outnumbered? If we can assume that players who only fight when the numbers are favorable are less skilled on average, what can we assume about the solo roamer?

• ASP.8093ASP.8093 Member ✭✭✭

@ArchonWing.9480 said:
    Alright, legit questions. What do you expect the roamers to do as you pass by?

Do they need to just watch as you reinforce their enemy?
    Are they forbidden to fight you, unless they're on an "approved build"?
    Or should they just roll a red carpet out for you as they watch you karma train their stuff?

Now balance is a joke I would have to admit, but you can't expect people to not play the game.

Not gonna lie, sometimes I think it might be more fun to entice the reinforcements away from their zerg by having an nice little tea party.

• Bigpapasmurf.5623Bigpapasmurf.5623 Member ✭✭✭✭

As a roamer, I take camps/sentries, tap structures, and snipe off tails of zergs or other roamers. I do stream yes, however for my videos, if I can take a camp while winning a 2v1, then even better.

Red = Dead...or someone runs away. Either way it's gone.
    twitch.tv/TRMC
    Lover of Jumping puzzles, Squirrels, WvW, and Taimi
    CLOK Commander and all around nice bro

• Bezerker.2379Bezerker.2379 Member ✭✭✭

@Flee.5602 said:
    WvW is mainly a place for large-scale wars. Therefore, most members choose equipment/Build to serve the team.

Compared to WvW roaming, equipment/Build is just the opposite. Serve individuals. Roaming players take advantage of WvW.

I often see WvW roaming on YouTube is very ornamental. But the general quality is indeed not high.

The core difference : WvW players and roaming players have different degrees of concentration.

Because zerging is boring as hell and wvw is close enough to a "world pvp" model. There's a whole community that know eachother. We have rivalries and alliances.

• Opal.9324Opal.9324 Member ✭✭✭

Zerging down players that you heavily outnumber also isn't "decent", but nah, lets just ignore all that so we have an excuse to hate on roamers.