Gliding and mounts in Ascent to Madness

I had no problem discovering where to jump down on, those floating rocks and stone pillars etc. It's not that hard, it's not even a jp, it's literally just jump and drop down you don't even have to control it as it's perfectly the max distance of your jump. This is the point of the instance. I also had no problem with fear and conditions. why be so close to the edge and be in a position where a fear from him would send u off the edge? I always position myself so the main area is behind me and the mad King in front. There are also stunbreaks, condi cleanse and other active defense mechanisms which by now every player should have learned especially through all the harder content on HoT and PoF. I solod the Ascent no problem and he barely does any damage

@Boogiepop Void.6473 said:There is way too much fear and conditions that screw with how far you ca jump in Ascent for the number of wall-less platforms that lead to insta death. At least give us some way to mitigate things.

It's the same fear & conditions before PoF, before HoT. And we have access to a lot more DPS, CC, and other tools to keep stuff at bay. Depending on your group, clear scarecrows then adds, and avoid the bombs etc.

I would settle for them turning on the reduced gravity setting.

The real issue here is that when the map was made, the game did not have gliding or mounts, and so most players who did any roaming would have the fall damage trait on if they could help it. Now, with no real risk of fall damage, people leave it off unless they've nothing better to do there, so a lot more people splat from much shorter falls.

Lowering the gravity would essentially give everyone the fall damage trait automatically.

Archived