Would you make an Ascended Sword for PoF Weaver?

Spinex.3695

@Spinex.3695 said:I was thinking about crafting Zojja's Blade today, would you do the same or wait to see how we unlock a sword for the Weaver?

In general, I am going to wait to see which builds are most efficient to play. Might turn out that the elite spec's specific weapon isn't the best choice for the profession after all and that there are more powerful builds combined with different weapons. Happened with the last expansion, so it certainly will happen with this one as well. So there is no need to already waste resources on something uncertain.

However, the Weaver's specialities are directly bound to the sword, so it's unlikely that this will work better with any other weapon set. ;)

I'd recommend waiting. Simply craft the timegated deldrimors and store them in collectibles. We don't know what new stats the expansion could bring and it will save you the cost of stat-changing later if something turns out to suit it better than berzerker. At the end of the day you won't be able to equip it before unlocking the elite spec anyways and there are only 9 days left until release.

I went all the way and crafted The Shining Blade, though I'm using it on my revenant for now.

The only thing I'm concerned about is that the berserker stats won't be the meta for Weaver. Of course you can change them for a fee later, but I'd just craft the time gated materials as above stated.

@Spinex.3695 said:Thank you for all the advice folks! I did not know deldrimors is time gated so I will get on that now just in-case!

Technically it's the Mithrillium component that is time-gated. Same with Elder Spirit Residue, Silk Weaving Thread, etc. Even if you aren't crafting the complete ingot, you should at least strive to use your Mithrillium cooldown every day.

I already crafted Bolt circa 2014. I did just complete Incinerator, partially due to anticipating more one-handed/offhand weapon use with the Weaver.

@Spinex.3695 said:I was thinking about crafting Zojja's Blade today, would you do the same or wait to see how we unlock a sword for the Weaver?

I am currently harvesting everything related to ascended equipment (pvp track potions, marks, mats, currencies etc.) and will only make new weapons when I have the full list of stats that are coming with PoF.

@MikeL.8260 said:

I am currently harvesting everything related to ascended equipment (pvp track potions, marks, mats, currencies etc.) and will only make new weapons when I have the full list of stats that are coming with PoF.

This is a very good idea, I won't craft the weapon until it is released I think that way as you said we can see what stats will be better I won't even select the recipe yet

@Ubi.4136 said:Would I make an ascended sword? Yes I already did.For weaver...uhh, no, I'm gonna stay tempest.For holosmith...you bet.

Totally forgot Holosmith uses a sword! Currently I am getting al ingredients to build any (sword) ascended weapon I want, I can decide on stats on the day of release

@Conncept.7638 said:If I buy path of fire, yes.

Actually I'll probably and up using the caladbolg achievment instead, but same thing in the end.

The Caladbolg is what I've got ready for my Weaver incase I need it. I changed it to a sword the other week and it's just sitting waiting for me to select its stats. Although now I think about it I guess it won't be changed to allow selection of PoF stats, so maybe I'll need to get/craft on in PoF.

But based on what I tried over the demos I found Weaver with sword to be kinda sluggish and not that great/fun. So I'll probably stick with staff tempest for a while.

Archived