Help me play Mesmer PLEASEEE

FlaminHotCheetos.1478

So I‘m relatively new and suck at understanding builds. I’m currently going chronomancer with berserker gear and a greatsword, sword/shield. Is this good and if it is how should I play it and what should I focus on? I really like summoning and shattering clones and I’m kinda starting to realize that’s not what chronomancer’s were made to do (unless I’m totally wrong which there’s a good chance I am). All my abilities are to summon clones so I’m going to switch them to all the wells abilities and see how I do with that (rip clones). I also want to start making a mirage build because from my research, I can still do pretty good damage with the whole summon and shatter clone thing. I’m guessing that wouldn’t be berserker though so I don’t know what stats I’d have to focus on for that.

Basically, please tell me how to play my chronomancer lmao. And some ideas for setting up/playing a mirage build would be real nice too.

GS + S/Sh isn't the ideal set up.

As far as how you want to play, you first need to ask yourself if you want to be Support or DPS. As they play differently.

If you want to be Support, you'll want to be using Sword/Sword and Shield (You only need a single main hand sword) along with Signet of the Ether/Signet of Inspiration/Well of Recall/Well of Action/Time Warp. While using a few pieces of Diviner gear to allow yourself to maintain your Alacrity and Quickness buffs from your Wells.

If you want to be DPS, you'll want to be using Sword/Sword and Focus (You can also use Greatsword instead) along with Signet of the Ether/Mirror Images(Well of Calamity if using Greatsword)/Mantra of Pain/Phantasmal Disenchanter/Gravity Well. With of course full Berserker gear.

The gameplay is fairly similar and consists of building up clones and shattering them when you get up to 3. The main difference is Support build prioritizes placing down its wells to maintain the boons, while DPS build prioritizes using high damaging skills such as Blurred Frenzy.

With the large burst of both builds being the use of Continuum Split, where you'll want to drop down a bunch of skills in its duration.

Support build will want to use Time Warp > Signet of Inspiration > Well of Recall > Well of Action. So as to maintain boons.DPS build will want to use Continuum Split during the cast of Phantasmal Swordsman > Phantasmal Disenchanter > Signet of the Ether > Phantasmal Swordsman > Phantasmal Disenchanter > Illusionary Leap > Blurred Frenzy.

As for Mirage, you'll want to be using Axe/Torch and Pistol along with Signet of the Ether/Signet of Midnight/Signet of Domination/Crystal Sands/Jaunt. While using full Viper gear.

The main difference with this build is that you only want to shatter your clones, when you have the ability to quickly get back to 3 active clones available (Typically when you have a Phantasm active ready for when it becomes a Clone). This is because the clones will actually deal damage in the form of applying Torment whenever you gain Mirage Cloak and as such you will always want to have 3 clones up for maximum damage potential.

There is little else to this build, it's merely a case of using your Phantasms as they become available and managing your Clones as well as dodging a bunch as dodging gives you (And your Clones) Mirage Cloak.

• 2 weeks later...

For new players I always recommend to go with these simple steps:

1. Set Mantra of Pain on autocast.
  2. Sword/Sword should be your main weapon, focus on skill 2 and 5.
  3. Only use your greatsword for sniping, spawning illusions, but never as a focus for damage.

@"FlaminHotCheetos.1478" said:So I‘m relatively new and suck at understanding builds. I’m currently going chronomancer with berserker gear and a greatsword, sword/shield. Is this good and if it is how should I play it and what should I focus on? I really like summoning and shattering clones and I’m kinda starting to realize that’s not what chronomancer’s were made to do (unless I’m totally wrong which there’s a good chance I am). All my abilities are to summon clones so I’m going to switch them to all the wells abilities and see how I do with that (rip clones). I also want to start making a mirage build because from my research, I can still do pretty good damage with the whole summon and shatter clone thing. I’m guessing that wouldn’t be berserker though so I don’t know what stats I’d have to focus on for that.

Basically, please tell me how to play my chronomancer lmao. And some ideas for setting up/playing a mirage build would be real nice too.

You didn't mention which game mode will be your focus, but since you're new I'm going to assume that you'll be spending a lot of time learning your class in open world/story content. If you want a balance of decent (but not great) damage and unrivaled sustain, you might consider condi mirage. Here's a build and sample video from early this year (it's the most recent video I have as I've been playing mostly weaver this year):

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiwAc+ZlRwQYSMMmJW0P6vOA-zRJYkRHfZkTKkZF49sUl0G-e