Which Ascended Set to Craft for Firebrand?

Clyde.5178

I've been playing Firebrand for a while and I really enjoy everything about it. I like doing fractals and open world events, eventually I want to get into raiding. I've been using a Viper's exotic set for fractals going more hybrid dps. I also have a trailblazers set of exotics for open world events. I've got my crafting up and mats ready to craft several pieces of ascended armor and I'm kind of torn between crafting the Condi dps Viper's/Sinister/Grieving set and a more support set like Harriers/Minstrels/Seraph. I know it comes down to personal preference and what playstyle you like, but I'm hoping someone's experience can guide me in the right direction.

its really, really hard to say because there's dozens of viable builds for Guardian, especially Firebrand. Game mode matters too. The most obvious ones are listed on Metabattle, but there's also sideliers like Plaguedoctor Quickburn FB for WvW.

Unless you know what you want to play there's answer. Except Celestial I guess.

P.S. You can change stats on Ascended weapons and armor in the Mystic Forge, and on some trinkets by other means.

Well, your effective Fractal potential is capped by AR, so I'd argue prioritize what you actually want to play in Fractals.

If you totally hate your decision later, then, like Hannah said, you can reset your armor/weapons fairly cheaply. (Just remember to extract the Infusions first.)

If Raiding/Fractal is the focus, then I would suggest prioritize:Healbrand -> Quickbrand -> Condi Brand

The reason I would suggest Healbrand first is because you already have an exotic condi variant, and heal variants are highly sought after in both raid and fractals. Being able to change between Heal/Dps mode in a quick swap will greatly empower your character.

Quickbrand can replace your openworld build with a swap of trailblazer trinklets, the boon uptime will pride enough damage and sustain for a solo experience.