How to do the Realm-Portal Spiker?

Your time window is short for it. You need to collect a realm residue (walk over the sparkly yellow things dropped by the mobs at the portal) which allows you to pick up a spike and use it on the portal. Once the boss appears, it's too late. You'll prob only get 3-4 spikes in.

@Randulf.7614 said:Your time window is short for it. You need to collect a realm residue (walk over the sparkly yellow things dropped by the mobs at the portal) which allows you to pick up a spike and use it on the portal. Once the boss appears, it's too late. You'll prob only get 3-4 spikes in.

Ok...I was so busy fighting that I couldn't get to the residue in time. I'll look for the residue first next time. Thanks a bunch!

@GW Noob.6038 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:Your time window is short for it. You need to collect a realm residue (walk over the sparkly yellow things dropped by the mobs at the portal) which allows you to pick up a spike and use it on the portal. Once the boss appears, it's too late. You'll prob only get 3-4 spikes in.

Ok...I was so busy fighting that I couldn't get to the residue in time. I'll look for the residue first next time. Thanks a bunch!

It’s easier than it used to be, but it is still easy to miss out. You will be chipping away it for a while.

I’m still trying to get the drinking fountain achievement in Istan done. It almost never registers for me

@Randulf.7614 said:

It’s easier than it used to be, but it is still easy to miss out. You will be chipping away it for a while.

I’m still trying to get the drinking fountain achievement in Istan done. It almost never registers for me

I don't have the temperament to collect achievements...I like to go at things full blast 'til I get them done; Anet doesn't like that, though...so they throw as many roadblocks, barriers, snags, and snafus in your path to slow you down as much as they can.

Anyway, good luck on your drinking fountain achievement...and thanks again!

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello My Friends in Tyria! Commander Blaze here. Due to my work schedule being moved to night shift I can only lead once a day now at 6pm PST. I'm calling for other Commanders to lead as well to help others get their Shadow of a Shadow Title. There are new Tyrians that needs our help, and hopig we can aid them in progressing their achievement. I will let you all now if my schedule change but for now I will still be doing the Meta on the Daily but only at 6pm PST. Good luck on your Achievements Friends and I do apologize for the change. 

• Like 2