ideas to make zerker, druid, dh, and chrono viable in pvp again

Stand The Wall.6987

berserkerdecrease zerkmode to 10 sec cd and durationremove break stun on savage instinctreplace burst of aggression quickness with 5 sec furyreplace might on eternal champion with 2 sec protectionmake flaming flurry hit people at 300+ range

druiddecrease celestial avatar cd to 10 secchange druidic clarity all condi to 3 condi removedremove superspeed on celestial shadowchange ancestral grace protection to all allies including pet and selfremove stationary part of natural convergence(remove pulsing immob across the board)

dhremove 10 sec off of hunters verdict and shield of courageremove cripple on auto and put 4 sec cripple on deflecting shot (change dulled senses to something else)buff true shot speed by 50-100%hunters ward radius to 300 and only one barrier in the middle

chronotake 15 sec off continuum splitadd 2 sec cripple to deja vu and buff radius to 360illusionary reversion req 3 down to 1, takes master minor spotcombine flow of time with seize the moment then add a new trait there

I think there is way much more than that. Any weapon with no CC (or a direct CC) should see it’s damage increased to between 0.8 and 1.0.

This includes:Warrior, dagger OH, axe MH and OH, hammer (and fix some of the zero damage skills) and possible some rifle skills.Rev, hammer. Maybe even swords a bit.Guardian, Sword a bit. GS and hammer by a lot.Ranger, axes. LB.Not sure for engi. Hammer for sure.Thief staff. I no longer see it in PvP.Mesmer, sword and GS.Ele, most power skills of sword, scepter and daggers.Necro, daggers and GS.

Since I am a main guardian, DH has no Sustainability issues. I do not care so much about shield of courage reduced CD. If DH is to be played as dps medi trapper, LB must deal damage. It currently only pokes. And let’s get rid of DS all together. It will never work in its current t state. Just give me a damage skill. If DH is to be melee, it must be able to generate retaliation. Without it, melee is no go in PvP.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:berserkerdecrease zerkmode to 10 sec cd and durationremove break stun on savage instinctreplace burst of aggression quickness with 5 sec furyreplace might on eternal champion with 2 sec protectionmake flaming flurry hit people at 300+ range

druiddecrease celestial avatar cd to 10 secchange druidic clarity all condi to 3 condi removedremove superspeed on celestial shadowchange ancestral grace protection to all allies including pet and selfremove root on natural convergence(remove pulsing immob across the board)

dhremove 10 sec off of hunters verdict and shield of courageremove cripple on auto and put 4 sec cripple on deflecting shot (change dulled senses to something else)buff true shot speed by 50-100%hunters ward radius to 300 and only one barrier in the middle

chronotake 15 sec off continuum splitadd 2 sec cripple to deja vu and buff radius to 360illusionary reversion req 3 down to 1, takes master minor spotcombine flow of time with seize the moment then add a new trait there

Those Druid changes... what?

At least the OP focus on the e-spec, without hitting the core.

• Berserker: Personally, I'd remove the zerkmode and make him always have access to primal burst. Make it gain a stackable frenzy buff each time he use a primal burst and design traits around this idea. That would go a long way making this e-spec palatable.
  • Druid: Get rid of the astral force ressource (there is no real need for this thing). Put Avatar on F4, replacing pet swap. This will improve the quality of life when using Avatar and, consequently, make it easier to use glyphs and thus open up possibilities.
  • Dragonhunter: It's strong already, don't touch the virtues.
  • Chronomancer: The main issue with chrono is the loss of the baseline illusionary persona. Just bring it back and reduce max number of illuion to 2 from 3. Change illusionary reversion to make your phantasms reflect projectiles or grant them retal (anyway its current effect is no longer needed with illusionary persona back).

@Dadnir.5038 said:At least the OP focus on the e-spec, without hitting the core.

• Berserker: Personally, I'd remove the zerkmode and make him always have access to primal burst. Make it gain a stackable frenzy buff each time he use a primal burst and design traits around this idea. That would go a long way making this e-spec palatable.I suppose the trade off then would be no T3 Bursts for traits, no core bursts at all? Can we get rid of the -300 toughness or at least cut it to -150 then? This would also require changing almost all of the traitline to make it work, although I suppose you could consider them to be in BMode all the time then as far as the traits are concerned. Well that would be a straight buff, so why not.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@Dadnir.5038 said:At least the OP focus on the e-spec, without hitting the core.
  • Berserker:
    Personally, I'd remove the zerkmode and make him always have access to primal burst. Make it gain a stackable frenzy buff each time he use a primal burst and design traits around this idea. That would go a long way making this e-spec palatable.I suppose the trade off then would be no T3 Bursts for traits, no core bursts at all? Can we get rid of the -300 toughness or at least cut it to -150 then? This would also require changing almost all of the traitline to make it work, although I suppose you could consider them to be in BMode all the time then as far as the traits are concerned. Well that would be a straight buff, so why not.

The idea is just to be in a perma berserk mode. Althrough you lose the 15% increased attack speed from berserk, it's not a great loss since quickness overwrite that anyway.I was thinking of a traitline like this:

Minor:

• Primal rage: Your burst are replaced by primal burst
  • Burst of aggression: Your primal burst grant quickness (2s) and superspeed (2s)
  • Fatal frenzy: Whenever you use a primal burst gain frenzy. Frenzy (6s) is a buff that stack up to 10 time and whose duration is reset every time you use a primal burst. Each stack of frenzy increase power and condition damage by 30.

Adept:

• Smash brawler: increase Frenzy duration by 2s.
  • Last blaze: no change.
  • Savage instinct: need something to replace it.

Master:

• Blood reaction: No change, Frenzy replace berserk there.
  • Heat the soul: No change.
  • Dead or alive: No change, Frenzy replace berserk there.

GrandMaster:

• Bloody roar: Increase damage by 2% per frenzy stack. (It make the ramp up in damage lower but I don't think it's a bad thing.)
  • King of fire: no change.
  • Eternal champion: No change or maybe a gradual increase of toughness as you build frenzy.

All in all, you just lose savage instinct and the toughness penalty of fatal frenzy.

@Dadnir.5038 said:

• Berserker:
    Personally, I'd remove the zerkmode and make him always have access to primal burst. Make it gain a stackable frenzy buff each time he use a primal burst and design traits around this idea. That would go a long way making this e-spec palatable.I suppose the trade off then would be no T3 Bursts for traits, no core bursts at all? Can we get rid of the -300 toughness or at least cut it to -150 then? This would also require changing almost all of the traitline to make it work, although I suppose you could consider them to be in BMode all the time then as far as the traits are concerned. Well that would be a straight buff, so why not.

The idea is just to be in a perma berserk mode. Althrough you lose the 15% increased attack speed from berserk, it's not a great loss since quickness overwrite that anyway.I was thinking of a traitline like this:

Minor:
  • Primal rage:
    Your burst are replaced by primal burst
  • Burst of aggression:
    Your primal burst grant quickness (2s) and superspeed (2s)I think I recommended that in the warrior area actually
  • Fatal frenzy:
    Whenever you use a primal burst gain
    frenzy
    Frenzy
    (6s) is a buff that stack up to 10 time and whose duration is reset every time you use a primal burst. Each stack of
    frenzy
    increase power and condition damage by 30.Awesome since it gets rid of the toughness penalty. Not so awesome is that only Axe would get stacked to 10. Double the stat gain, make it 5 stacks for 10s. That way each weapon set has a chance to fully benefit from it.
    Adept:
  • Smash brawler:
    increase
    Frenzy
    duration by 2s.Hmmm... maybe instead of my above recommendation stick a 10 total duration here.
  • Last blaze:
    no change.
  • Savage instinct:
    need something to replace it.Gain 2s/1s (PvE/Comp) of invulnerability after using a primal burst?

Master:
  • Blood reaction:
    No change, Frenzy replace berserk there.As in extra ferocity per stack of Frenzy, or if you have any number of stacks?
  • Heat the soul:
    No change.
  • Dead or alive:
    No change, Frenzy replace berserk there.So instead of dying you get healed and lose all stacks of Frenzy? Why not make is so that Frenzy increase incoming healing per stack, or gaining a stack of frenzy heals you?

GrandMaster:
  • Bloody roar:
    Increase damage by 2% per frenzy stack. (It make the ramp up in damage lower but I don't think it's a bad thing.)I still think after reading through these that 5 stacks max is the way to go and double the benefits of the stacks. Primal bursts (other than Decapitate) still have 4s CDs with Discipline, so building 10 stacks would be difficult, if not impossible to do. Either that or there needs to be another way to gain Frenzy outside of Primal Bursts.
  • King of fire:
    no change.
  • Eternal champion:
    No change or maybe a gradual increase of toughness as you build frenzy.I'd say Frenzy adds toughness as well.All in all, you just lose
    savage instinct
    and the toughness penalty of fatal frenzy.Well, see my suggestion on Savage Instinct. Another alternative is to have SI build stacks of Frenzy through other means, like when using a rage skill, hitting with a CC, when you are afflicted with a condition, or some other means. That or add in a way in each of the GM traits to gain Frenzy:Bloody Roar: Add in an effect that doubles the Frenzy gain on using Primal Bursts.King of Fire: Make the aura detonation give several stacks of Frenzy (like 5 out of the 10 since the detonation is on a 15s cd)Eternal Champion: Make breaking stuns give 2 stacks of Frenzy.

• Berserker: Personally, I'd remove the zerkmode and make him always have access to primal burst. Make it gain a stackable frenzy buff each time he use a primal burst and design traits around this idea. That would go a long way making this e-spec palatable.

funny thing is that berserker may still suck even with full time primal burst

@Lighter.5631 said:

• Berserker:
    Personally, I'd remove the zerkmode and make him always have access to primal burst. Make it gain a stackable frenzy buff each time he use a primal burst and design traits around this idea. That would go a long way making this e-spec palatable.

funny thing is that berserker may still suck even with full time primal burst

The goal is to lighten the mechanism in order for the berserker to not suck more than core warrior. I think this is already a good enough goal to reach.

@rdigeri.7935 said:

• Savage instinct:
    need something to replace it.Gain 2s/1s (PvE/Comp) of invulnerability after using a primal burst?

Yes please, i had the exact same thought, although with just the Feel No Pain effect. Would go a long way to make Zerker more self sufficient everywhere

Though should it be upon casting, or upon landing?

I agree on just feel no pain and no stun break. What I mentioned was as a replacement, sorry if that was unclear.

Upon using the burst for the effect. Anet is kneecapping warriors by making to many of our burst related traits only take effect upon hitting with a burst. Although I’ll accept on hit here if Adrenal Health and Berserker’s Power and changed to on use.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

• Savage instinct:

Yes please, i had the exact same thought, although with just the Feel No Pain effect. Would go a long way to make Zerker more self sufficient everywhere

Though should it be upon casting, or upon landing?

I agree on just feel no pain and no stun break. What I mentioned was as a replacement, sorry if that was unclear.

Upon using the burst for the effect. Anet is kneecapping warriors by making to many of our burst related traits only take effect upon hitting with a burst. Although I’ll accept on hit here if Adrenal Health and Berserker’s Power and changed to on use.

Heh, what a dream that would be

@kiwituatara.6053 said:

berserker
decrease zerkmode to 10 sec cd and durationremove break stun on savage instinctreplace burst of aggression quickness with 5 sec furyreplace might on eternal champion with 2 sec protectionmake flaming flurry hit people at 300+ range

druid
decrease celestial avatar cd to 10 secchange druidic clarity all condi to 3 condi removedremove superspeed on celestial shadowchange ancestral grace protection to all allies including pet and selfremove root on natural convergence(remove pulsing immob across the board)

dh
remove 10 sec off of hunters verdict and shield of courageremove cripple on auto and put 4 sec cripple on deflecting shot (change dulled senses to something else)buff true shot speed by 50-100%hunters ward radius to 300 and only one barrier in the middle

chrono
take 15 sec off continuum splitadd 2 sec cripple to deja vu and buff radius to 360illusionary reversion req 3 down to 1, takes master minor spotcombine flow of time with seize the moment then add a new trait there

Those Druid changes... what?

Yeah I was reading that too and was like is this a druid nerf thread?

Remove the root on Natural Convergence? Of all skills, you want to nerf a stationary 2.5s channel with a clear audio and visual animation that only requires a dodge (or just simply walking away) at the very end to avoid the immob? What exactly would be its purpose then? The final damage pulse? XD