Help me improve my Mender's Druid bunker.

mistsim.2748

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POgAEZlVw8YUsQ2JeUTrt6SMeFA-z5AfGZKF6VFIwB

Made it to plat 2 with this build easily. not bragging, it's total trash, and i can't believe people are still complaining about Mender's druid. it's shut down hard by CC and good Reapers, otherwise it can hold point against anything else.

I usually tunnel vision far, or support team fights in mid. I can lock down multiple people, so as long as there's good damage on the team, it can carry.

Any suggestions to improve the build? Haven't played druid in 3 yrs. I can definitely feel it falling off against better players.

p.s. I tried the MOTA Soulbeast Mender's, and absolutely hated it, but I can see why it could be meta.

Throwback to that druid meta long ago lol. I'll have to give this a test. I hate the Mota build as well. I think it's only strong in organized team play. There are better builds out there for soloqueue that offer more impact

What are the sidenode matchups like for the build. DMG pressure might be the only thing missing, but that might be asking for too much lol.

@Jelle.7856 said:Throwback to that druid meta long ago lol. I'll have to give this a test. I hate the Mota build as well. I think it's only strong in organized team play. There are better builds out there for soloqueue that offer more impact

What are the sidenode matchups like for the build. DMG pressure might be the only thing missing, but that might be asking for too much lol.

so far I've been able to do 1v2's relatively well. it seems to do very poorly against reapers, and it's a liability in teamfights when there's a good tempest around spamming CC. Malyx/Glint is also tough. OTHER THAN THAT, it's been pretty good. can't think of any other ways to make it better.

@"mistsim.2748" said:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POgAEZlVw8YUsQ2JeUTrt6SMeFA-z5AfGZKF6VFIwB

Made it to plat 2 with this build easily. not bragging, it's total trash, and i can't believe people are still complaining about Mender's druid. it's shut down hard by CC and good Reapers, otherwise it can hold point against anything else.

I usually tunnel vision far, or support team fights in mid. I can lock down multiple people, so as long as there's good damage on the team, it can carry.

Any suggestions to improve the build? Haven't played druid in 3 yrs. I can definitely feel it falling off against better players.

p.s. I tried the MOTA Soulbeast Mender's, and absolutely hated it, but I can see why it could be meta.

Can't really think of major things to change. But what if you took Glyph of Equality instead of Spike Trap? That would be an extra stunbreak thats a CC? Not sure if the trade-off is worth it though cuz Spike trap is unblockable and lower CD. But for me, druid really needs all the stun breaks it can get.

@kiwituatara.6053 said:

@"mistsim.2748" said:

Can't really think of major things to change. But what if you took Glyph of Equality instead of Spike Trap? That would be an extra stunbreak thats a CC? Not sure if the trade-off is worth it though cuz Spike trap is unblockable and lower CD. But for me, druid really needs all the stun breaks it can get.

true, i'll play around with Equality. I find Spike invaluable because it can get a few people off my back. but i think the extra stunbreak/aoe daze would help me bunker better.

@Jelle.7856 said:How would a condi variant fare for the build. Running sage amulet and sword/dagger instead of gs.

Maybe swap out nature magic for skirmishing

I tried, it is very weak because the healing coefficients got gutted in spvp. basically, there's little reason to stay in CA unless you have 1k heals.

If you go for the trapper/immob druid, you can't bunker at all because you need defensive utilities. And the damage output is quite paltry against better players.

I've been asking them to add some condis to staff and CA abilities. I'd love to play a Sage druid.

@"Eurantien.4632" said:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POgAEZlVwwYhYoY56o16Lx4zB-z5AfGZKF6VFIwB

All the trash condis melt off of you, you still have insane condi clear. Just get off point outnumbered and then push back in and decap quickly with quickdraw and/or glyph of tides.

I'd run smoke over wyvern too for the stealth when needed.

Yeah this looks good, thanks.

@"Eurantien.4632" said:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POgAEZlVwwYhYoY56o16Lx4zB-z5AfGZKF6VFIwB

All the trash condis melt off of you, you still have insane condi clear. Just get off point outnumbered and then push back in and decap quickly with quickdraw and/or glyph of tides.

I've been trying to run your SoR, healing spring, empathic bond combo in WvW, its not working well for me >_<

@kiwituatara.6053 said:

@"Eurantien.4632" said:

I've been trying to run your SoR, healing spring, empathic bond combo in WvW, its not working well for me >_<

Yeah WvW people can get a lot of bonus condi duration which makes it tougher