Any news on a possible major balance patch coming soon? — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home WvW

Any news on a possible major balance patch coming soon?

Kurowolfe.7124Kurowolfe.7124 Member ✭✭

Not much reason, I just got tired and bored with the current meta and playstyle, it's been a few months since the last major one. Well, notwithstanding the global pandemic anyways.
Though I do sincerely hope that the balance team members don't think that the current balance is the best they can come up with...

<1

Comments

• Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

No news is good news.

Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Justine.6351 said:
    No news is good news.

That's fake news.

Dont look a gift Asura in the mouth.
    No seriously, dont. Shark teeth.

• Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Justine.6351 said:
    No news is good news.

That's fake news.

It's not fake, if you believe it.

Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

• KrHome.1920KrHome.1920 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 17, 2020

Next tuesday is patchday and the worst living story bugs should be fixed. Time for a balance patch.

On the other hand... they usually give a preview for a big patch a week before... so most likely: nope, no balance patch!

@KrHome.1920 said:
    On the other hand... they usually give a preview for a big patch a week before... so most likely: nope, no balance patch!

Exactly, when you hear the anguished cries coming from the profession forums... that's when a balance patch is about to come out.

• acidic.4356acidic.4356 Member ✭✭✭

@Kurowolfe.7124 said:
    Not much reason, I just got tired and bored with the current meta and playstyle, it's been a few months since the last major one. Well, notwithstanding the global pandemic anyways.
    Though I do sincerely hope that the balance team members don't think that the current balance is the best they can come up with...

ah, the mythical "balance" when will ppl realise it cant be balanced...ever..... only tweaked to change the most op (or meta) builds and classes...

it would be a far better enviroment if we simply had hundreds of options for builds, ala gw1... give me a world of infinite possibilities, be much more fun working out dif builds n classes to run...

dear anet - rollback to year 2 of wvw, and start again.. thankyou.

• cobbah.3102cobbah.3102 Member ✭✭✭

No Answer was the stern Reply , any expectation of communication regarding anything to do with WvW is a myth. There will be no response . The End....

• Aeolus.3615Aeolus.3615 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 17, 2020

more stability to elementalist maybe(staff tempest???), Anet devs said in stream they dont want guardian to be the only suporter, since they felt players were stacking to much FB's.

ii think we have already decent stab stuff :\ people just wont use it cause its not meta to stack.

• DanAlcedo.3281DanAlcedo.3281 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Aeolus.3615 said:
    more stability to elementalist maybe(staff tempest???), Anet devs said in stream they dont want guardian to be the only suporter, since they felt players were stacking to much FB's.

ii think we have already decent stab stuff :\ people just wont use it cause its not meta to stack.

1,5 second of stab on aura.
    Give this effect to the trait that gives prot on aura.

Ez balance.

Let people choose between stab in earth and condi clean in fire.

Do it Anet!

• primatos.5413primatos.5413 Member ✭✭✭

kitten... just give stab, stealth and a portal to every class. I think this will happen with the next expansion.. you just will have to unlock it by grinding wvw level to 200.000 and some living story stuff maybe.. btt... i don't believe in balance patch before next xpac :)

edited June 17, 2020

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

@Aeolus.3615 said:

Ez balance.

Do it Anet!

With 2 jalis we managed to have arround 5-16 stacks of stability most of time XD, IMO its a problem of players blinded by meta in hope to be carried.

Altough 1-1.5sec of stability on a boon duration stats would be sweet i think :\, against classes that conver boon would be a drawback :\

Alot of players think ministrel FB has the biggest heals and strongest regen...

• Dahir.4158Dahir.4158 Member ✭✭✭

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

@Aeolus.3615 said:

Ez balance.

Do it Anet!

That would be a godsend for when I go roaming. I wish that would happen.

Broski Supreme - Borsk Carry Effect - Condi Ele Pioneer

@Dahir.4158 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

@Aeolus.3615 said:

Ez balance.

Do it Anet!

• Galmac.4680Galmac.4680 Member ✭✭✭

@Dawdler.8521 said:
    That's fake news.

It's not fake, if you repeat it often enough (as we can see in some country currently).

Praise Joko!

• Dahir.4158Dahir.4158 Member ✭✭✭

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@Dahir.4158 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

@Aeolus.3615 said:

Ez balance.

Do it Anet!

Your embedded video is broken

Broski Supreme - Borsk Carry Effect - Condi Ele Pioneer

• vier.1327vier.1327 Member ✭✭✭

@Galmac.4680 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:
    That's fake news.

It's not fake, if you repeat it often enough (as we can see in some country currently).

Fake news, all of you are fake news.

The Balance patch comes with Alliances.

• DanAlcedo.3281DanAlcedo.3281 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

@Aeolus.3615 said:

Ez balance.

Do it Anet!

With 2 jalis we managed to have arround 5-16 stacks of stability most of time XD, IMO its a problem of players blinded by meta in hope to be carried.

Altough 1-1.5sec of stability on a boon duration stats would be sweet i think :\, against classes that conver boon would be a drawback :\

Yeah, FB having good heals was always a joke.

Just give more support classes minor excess to stab.

edited June 18, 2020

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

@Aeolus.3615 said:

Ez balance.

Do it Anet!

Yeah, FB having good heals was always a joke.

Just give more support classes minor excess to stab.

We already have in terms of regen alone its 1080hp(per individual regen tick/sec)*10, 100k health regenerated overall and overtime after 10sec.
    And im not counting with the 4k-6k heals that class has where some even cleanse condis aoe.

One of its variates has basicly stability zone every 5-7 seconds and can provide perma alacrity.
    My group(the builds we test n run) we can manage to get 15-20 stacks of stab, we can reach 10-15 with just 2 players.

Rev is way more than hammer 111111 and low quality player wanting very high hammer damage on all skills to spam to get easy kills.

@vier.1327
    I assume something like that will happen, but i also assume changes, minor ones will happen once in a while to 1 or 2 skills so the balance patch after alliances can suiffer less iterations or easier to spot where needs to be tweaked.

• LetoII.3782LetoII.3782 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Aeolus.3615 said:

My group(the builds we test n run) we can manage to get 15-20 stacks of stab, we can reach 10-15 with just 2 players.

You keep mentioning your high performance group, and I know you're on nsp. Would you mind giving a guild name?

edited June 18, 2020

@LetoII.3782 said:

@Aeolus.3615 said:

You keep mentioning your high performance group, and I know you're on nsp. Would you mind giving a guild name?

Its not high performance, i just like the way we play, and we are more for expermental builds and having fun figthing.
    We have been in situatuians where we find meta build way to limited, they work mostly in larger groups against smaller ones, reason we spend alot of time testing possible builds.

slayers[XD]

@Dahir.4158 click on it it will open twictch page and the video

• LetoII.3782LetoII.3782 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Aeolus.3615 said:

slayers[XD]

Ah, ok.
    I was just confused about who this guild I thought we hadn't faced on nsp was.

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@LetoII.3782 said:

@Aeolus.3615 said:

slayers[XD]

Ah, ok.
    I was just confused about who this guild I thought we hadn't faced on nsp was.

I... Just can’t....

Thank You for the {MEME}

• cobbah.3102cobbah.3102 Member ✭✭✭

No Answer was the stern reply!!!

• Kurowolfe.7124Kurowolfe.7124 Member ✭✭
    edited June 20, 2020

Hmm, I just want a big change is all. Like the previous big patch, where everyone tried to adapt and find the best ways to abuse create a new meta. The current playstyle for most guilds I've fought are just the same old story, it's stale. I don't even mind getting nerfed, I just want change.

But if it's fake news, then who am I to argue? Might as well remain pessimistic and not have any expectations at all. WvW is only good for money from transfers anyway

• scerevisiae.1972scerevisiae.1972 Member ✭✭✭

they felt players were stacking to much FB's.

this has been the case for 8 freakin' years!

the lack of diversity & attention given to balance in classes in WVW has been, quite frankly, appalling. like, the worst of any MMO in the 25years+ I've played MMOs.

and it's not like the solutions are rocket surgery:

• give druids stab and/or rework spirits (again) to NOT SUCK HARD and be useable in WVW.
    • make mesmer mantra heal occur at the start of the mantra cast, not the end
    • tweak ventari traitline so that rev can maintain a decent level of healing outside of ventari legend

stability is such a critical boon in WVW that it needs to be spread around more, or CC mechanics reworked (again).

soulbeast stability is excellent but soulbeast cannot heal well enough to be a support. SB is good as WVW DPS but people are so biased against rangers after years of balance neglect that the only way SBs will replace FB stability is if they get something OP enough to finally change people's minds.

@scerevisiae.1972 said:

Sweet, infinite healing as you cancel the skill. That would be my new main. Can probably macro it to heal you 0-100 in less than a second with no cd.

• enkidu.5937enkidu.5937 Member ✭✭✭

@scerevisiae.1972 said:
    stability is such a critical boon in WVW that it needs to be spread around more, or CC mechanics reworked (again).

Its just bad mechanics imo. You either are immune, or suffer 1 corrupt and its like you have a disconnect from the game, cant move, cant use skills.

@enkidu.5937 said:

@scerevisiae.1972 said:

Its just bad mechanics imo. You either are immune, or suffer 1 corrupt and its like you have a disconnect from the game, cant move, cant use skills.

oh man don't get me started. the most critical boon in the game which also has no animation or effect to indicate that you have it (or don't have it), just some tiny little icon in a terrible part of the UI which can't be moved or resized? while semi-useless/self-evident boons like swiftness have an obvious and (irritatingly loud) animation (because moving faster isn't obvious enough)?

yeah i dont have a problem with current CC/stab mechanics but it's clearly bad game design/UX not to hav the most important boon have a clear visual/audible indication and even worse design to have the game's most important boon available to just 1 support class.

edited June 23, 2020

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@scerevisiae.1972 said:

Sweet, infinite healing as you cancel the skill. That would be my new main. Can probably macro it to heal you 0-100 in less than a second with no cd.

apparently you don't understand casting/skill mechanics in GW2...

here's a hint: think about all the channeled healing skills in the game rn and how you can't do infinite healing with them already...

sometimes it's good to think before mashing the reply button.

• @Kurowolfe.7124 said:

Well first things first you have to realize that this is Anet we are talking about. If it is comes to PvE content they will work super hard and fast even overcoming the obstacle like pandemic, but when it comes to WvW? Don't expect anything come out fast and the pandemic happened to be a good excuse to "ignore wvw" for a moment.

@scerevisiae.1972 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@scerevisiae.1972 said:

here's a hint: think about all the channeled healing skills in the game rn and how you can't do infinite healing with them already...

None of them pop their things before you even start to channel...

@scerevisiae.1972 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@scerevisiae.1972 said:

Psst: churning earth skill for Ele: Can be cancelled after the blast finisher part of it, and it becomes a 1-2 second cooldown. The actual damage doesn’t take place, but you can blast a field.

Might @Dawdler.8521 have been slightly hyperbolic? Yep. Is he wrong about how broken that change would be? Nope.

Thank You for the {MEME}

• Balance must be every month.

• kamikharzeeh.8016kamikharzeeh.8016 Member ✭✭✭

allianceswhen

• If i remember correct, before last balance patch they said that upcoming patches are more steady, about one patch every month. Now its been about 4 months without any real fixes.

Did i missunderstand something or what is going on?

• Schimmi.6872Schimmi.6872 Member ✭✭✭

According to some messages on twitch, it will be soon, but no fixed date yet - see https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/hh8c7w/balance_patch_soon/

• @kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

allianceswhen

Uhm, Expansion? Haven't they confirmed that yet?

• lokh.2695lokh.2695 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Schimmi.6872 said:
    According to some messages on twitch, it will be soon, but no fixed date yet - see https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/hh8c7w/balance_patch_soon/

So it's released "when it's ready" it's totally "on the table" for "some time in the future".

That's reassuring :)

Why bother, just delete the official Forum.

• kamikharzeeh.8016kamikharzeeh.8016 Member ✭✭✭

the expansion got confirmed, afaik that's all that has been said.

People seems so eager to have their builds "reworked" into the ground because when people say "this skill is 10% OP and could use some tweaks" Anet always say "increased cd by 100% and reduced damage by 30% and also removed all the traits affecting it and cut duration in half also we added self damage. But as a bonus it gives you 1s of might".

• Obtena.7952Obtena.7952 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 29, 2020
    • Gets a major balance patch
    • Doesn't like patch because 'balance'
    • Complains there should be more patches

If you think balancing is only driven by performance and justified by comparisons to other classes then prepare to be educated:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/balance-updates-the-heralds-near-future-and-pvp-league-season-13/

edited June 29, 2020

@Obtena.7952 said:

• Gets a major balance patch
    • Doesn't like patch because 'balance'
    • Complains there should be more patches

Hmm.

When I read the OP it was related to the balance cadence that was announced around the time of the last patch. It was to be 4-6 weeks.

Just helping to clear it up for you.

Here is the thread. It’s buried about 5 pages in, but the statement is in the initial Post by Cal.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/96750/balance-patch-preview-wvw/p1

Hopefully that will allow you to understand the OP’s question.

Hope your day is good!

Thank You for the {MEME}

• Swagger.1459Swagger.1459 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 30, 2020

From Ben P.

“The next balance patch is being worked on now. I can’t say when it’ll be out. But not too much longer.”

“The next one is a bigger release. Not just tweaks.”

• Obtena.7952Obtena.7952 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 29, 2020

Anyone that thinks we are getting a balance cadence of 4-6 weeks, ESPECIALLY for WvW ... needs to get their head checked. Even when Anet said that's what was going to happen, I would question that the second it left their lips. Unachieveable!

If you think balancing is only driven by performance and justified by comparisons to other classes then prepare to be educated:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/balance-updates-the-heralds-near-future-and-pvp-league-season-13/

Well.. it technically left their fingertips, but at least you have the information at hand!

It’s been a pleasure!

To the OP: balance cadence from Anet has been an enigma since the beginning. Technically, they could say that changing a two or three skills on a few classes was an additional patch, but I get where you are coming from.

Unfortunately it would appear that statements were made yet again that were not attained.

Thank You for the {MEME}

• XenesisII.1540XenesisII.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 30, 2020

uh huh.... if it doesn't un-kitten mesmers then speak to the hand.

Oh I forgot if it doesn't get boons, immobilize, cc's, under control, then speak to the other hand.

^ Another derailing post - Anet
    Perma stealth is needed to outrun zergs. - Thieves
    A skill overpowered? just nerf their dodge, balanced. - Anet
    No expansion money as long as Mesmers are broken. - Me

• DemonSeed.3528DemonSeed.3528 Member ✭✭✭✭

How big is big though, anything will be bigger than recent stuff even when small.

• GDchiaScrub.3241GDchiaScrub.3241 Member ✭✭✭✭

@DemonSeed.3528 said:
    How big is big though, anything will be bigger than recent stuff even when small.

Facts.

Holy Warriors of [Kazo] following Kazo doctrine guided by, Our Lord and Commander, Zudo in the holy Trinity of Him and his two firm glutes.

• @XenesisII.1540 said:
    uh huh.... if it doesn't un-kitten mesmers then speak to the hand.

Oh I forgot if it doesn't get boons, immobilize, cc's, under control, then speak to the other hand.

CC builds actually take much more skillful play and timing than say, pulsing circles of death. So I'm actually all for a more CC oriented gameplay, after some tweaks to AoE CC and it's availability.

And Mesmer is fine! *cough don't mention Mesmer or we'll get nerfed again *cough