Open world build help

Chaarliee.2307

Hello fellow warriors. I'm having problems with survivability my build in open world, I'm currently using the power banner raid build from snowcrows, cause I raid once in a while (at least I try to).So I was thinking to change it to something like this http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAEdflJwuYKsJWJOGTlLPA-zxQYhom6fHSQhERBUbIURG45A-eAny change, advice will be much appreciated (I know that rune of the thief is maybe not good in open world, but I need it for raids)

You don't have FGS selected there, but I assume you are running it? Take might on crit food, and might on crit sigils. Maximize your might gain. It heals you and gives endurance. Building Momentum gives you endurance per foe hit. Use all this endurance to dodge, dodge, dodge. Just save a dodge for the hard hitting things.

Cleave as much as possible and stay mobile. Consider balanced stance or bull's charge instead of stomp.

@"Chaarliee.2307" said:Hello fellow warriors. I'm having problems with survivability my build in open world, I'm currently using the power banner raid build from snowcrows, cause I raid once in a while (at least I try to).So I was thinking to change it to something like this http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAEdflJwuYKsJWJOGTlLPA-zxQYhom6fHSQhERBUbIURG45A-eAny change, advice will be much appreciated (I know that rune of the thief is maybe not good in open world, but I need it for raids)The way the game is showering us with exotic stat selectable armor boxes, and the ease of acquisition of ascended trinkets added to the fact you now have a second gear slot for free means you can comfortably create a second gear set if you are struggling in any game mode.I am using this build for OW:[&DQIEKzMePT1wAHAArwCoAK0ArwBuAKkAnACcAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=]Using Marauder's gear, Spellbreaker runes and Axe/Dagger, Dagger/Axe.It's a beast, highly reccomended for your open world derping pleasure.

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@"Chaarliee.2307" said:Hello fellow warriors. I'm having problems with survivability my build in open world, I'm currently using the power banner raid build from snowcrows, cause I raid once in a while (at least I try to).So I was thinking to change it to something like this
Any change, advice will be much appreciated (I know that rune of the thief is maybe not good in open world, but I need it for raids)The way the game is showering us with exotic stat selectable armor boxes, and the ease of acquisition of ascended trinkets added to the fact you now have a second gear slot for free means you can comfortably create a second gear set if you are struggling in any game mode.I am using this build for OW:[&DQIEKzMePT1wAHAArwCoAK0ArwBuAKkAnACcAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=]Using Marauder's gear, Spellbreaker runes and Axe/Dagger, Dagger/Axe.It's a beast, highly reccomended for your open world kitten pleasure.

True. Its not like getting a second gear set is hard after you get the first one, but I think TC didn't want to change his gear correct and is looking for assistance given his current set correct?

@"Chaarliee.2307" Do try to cobble together a second gear set though. You don't even have to change the trinkets. Get some stat selectable gear and put some tank stats on there like Sentinel. You can get ~27k hp ~2.6k defense, ~50% crit chance, and ~200% crit damage that way and have a very durable and capable all around build. If you want more power than that just hop into WvW, go to the armor vendor and buy lvl 80 exotic Soldier gear.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Armor_Master

Badges of Honor don't take that long to build up so this makes for cheap armor with a minor time investment if you don't already have badges saved up.

Sample setup with Sentinel armor: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAEdflJwuYKsJWJOWPVLPA-zxQYhoGrTsDJQpQEKgaGB+ZaSwMA-e

If you do get a second gear set I recommend Superior Runes of Vampirism. You'll get healed for 10% of your HP anytime you kill something. Another nice set of runes for OW are Runes of Speed for the 66% movement speed with swiftness which can let you run out of the red circles without blowing a dodge.

Go as full hog glass stats as you can, but if you need to add in tanky stuff. If you want to try a different trait line before swapping gear then go for this:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAEl7lJwuYKsJWJOWPVLPA-zxQYhom6fHSQZERFURK45sE2MA-e

Try this build.

• You will almost always have a 70% critical chance, this is not bad (fury boon)
  • Weakness always below 50% of the enemy’s health and+7% damage , (for your survival)
  • Burst mastery give a swiftness - this +7% damage (and+ 7% from your hit of rage)
  • Adrenal health(+Healing Signet) you give a 743 heal per second - almost constantly. Yes sounds unconvincing, but it's 11145 health in 15 seconds. Mending also not bad, but too long to activate (for me)
  • You have the Rousing Resilience - it's +10% you power and give a 2k heal (great addition to the above)
  • You always have berserker power 3 stage - it's + 21% damage
  • You will get a lot of might from : sigil of strength , dodge (building momentum) , trait of the greatsword, swap weapons(Versatile Power) and signets (might , rage)

Build is a constant maintenance of adrenaline level in 3 stages. Yoh have the doodge and 3 and 5 skill for greatsword to be saved . You have a "Kick" 3 times - its 18 second to 15% damage boost. You have a "Shake It Off!" For life. I have not found a better open world. The berserker dies quickly, the Spellbreaker deals less damage. I preferred defense over tactics , because tactics are designed for a group and not for solo exploration of the open world. Total we have 3077 power(GS), 75% chance of crit (without food) , and +50% all damage . It's realy good.It.s my IMHO.http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAceFlZwwYHsJWJO2O7LfA-zRIYR0xXIBGCRkAVUB2eACmHA-e

This is what I run on my Berserker, and am really enjoying the durability, e.g., when wading into large packs of mordrem in Dragon Stand meta. It provides 2K+ toughness and -45% condi duration with food, yet still has over 2400 power, 46% prec and 221% ferocity. The second weapon is hammer (Knight) or rifle (Berzerker), based on situation. The CC on the utilities really helps keep mobs under control.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAceJlJwwYJMFmJeUXetbA-zRYYRQHW0hwvwOl2EBRoAqVIUhEQgTDDOjA-e

Thank you all for your advice. I will get a second gear, you guys are right, it shouldn't be that difficult. @"Lan Deathrider.5910" , I was thiking of going knight/marauder, but the sentinel setup is a really good option that I hadn't consider before. I have a question tho regarding "For great justice", is it worth it ? I mean "Shake it off" may be more useful since break stuns. Right now the only stun breaker in the build is stomp, and it has a long cd. What do you think ?

@Chaarliee.2307 said:Thank you all for your advice. I will get a second gear, you guys are right, it shouldn't be that difficult. @"Lan Deathrider.5910" , I was thiking of going knight/marauder, but the sentinel setup is a really good option that I hadn't consider before. I have a question tho regarding "For great justice", is it worth it ? I mean "Shake it off" may be more useful since break stuns. Right now the only stun breaker in the build is stomp, and it has a long cd. What do you think ?

It all depends on the area you are playing in really. In a condi heavy area? Swap Stomp for SiO. If you find you are able to keep up high might stacks and fury uptime without FGJ then swap it out. FGJ is more useful in competitive play since it is 12 stacks of might and not 6 like it is in PvE.

I find that Bull's Charge, SiO, and Balanced Stance is a solid utility bar for just about any content. Arcing Slice, Cyclone Axe, and Signet of Rage should keep you covered on Fury, if not then Pack Runes or Firework Runes are solid rune choices to consider.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@Chaarliee.2307 said:Thank you all for your advice. I will get a second gear, you guys are right, it shouldn't be that difficult. @Lan Deathrider.5910 , I was thiking of going knight/marauder, but the sentinel setup is a really good option that I hadn't consider before. I have a question tho regarding "For great justice", is it worth it ? I mean "Shake it off" may be more useful since break stuns. Right now the only stun breaker in the build is stomp, and it has a long cd. What do you think ?

It all depends on the area you are playing in really. In a condi heavy area? Swap Stomp for SiO. If you find you are able to keep up high might stacks and fury uptime without FGJ then swap it out. FGJ is more useful in competitive play since it is 12 stacks of might and not 6 like it is in PvE.

I find that Bull's Charge, SiO, and Balanced Stance is a solid utility bar for just about any content. Arcing Slice, Cyclone Axe, and Signet of Rage should keep you covered on Fury, if not then Pack Runes or Firework Runes are solid rune choices to consider.

How can I keep a high amount of might stacks without FGJ ?

@Chaarliee.2307 said:

@Chaarliee.2307 said:Thank you all for your advice. I will get a second gear, you guys are right, it shouldn't be that difficult. @Lan Deathrider.5910 , I was thiking of going knight/marauder, but the sentinel setup is a really good option that I hadn't consider before. I have a question tho regarding "For great justice", is it worth it ? I mean "Shake it off" may be more useful since break stuns. Right now the only stun breaker in the build is stomp, and it has a long cd. What do you think ?

Forceful Greatsword. As you cleave things you should be getting several stacks of might per swing. Even on axe/axe when you use axe 5 you should get a high might count quickly. In PvE Eviscerate also will give you 5 stacks of might per hit. If you take might on crit food and might on crit sigils on both weapon sets then by attacking, dodging into monsters, and swapping weapons you should generate a large amount of might on either weapon set that way. If you need FGJ then take it. It is a fine utility by itself. Swap either Balanced Stance or SiO for it depending on the area you are fighting in.

Forceful Greatsword. As you cleave things you should be getting several stacks of might per swing. Even on axe/axe when you use axe 5 you should get a high might count quickly. In PvE Eviscerate also will give you 5 stacks of might per hit. If you take might on crit food and might on crit sigils on both weapon sets then by attacking, dodging into monsters, and swapping weapons you should generate a large amount of might on either weapon set that way. If you need FGJ then take it. It is a fine utility by itself. Swap either Balanced Stance or SiO for it depending on the area you are fighting in.

Got it, thanks all !I finished the OW build. This is what I ended up with: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAElflJwwYJsJWJOWP7LfA-zxQYhoGrDrMCMCqNE8baEwZE-e (sigil of force and strength in the GS, I forgot to put those lol). It definitely has A LOT of survivability, I can now survive in situations where the berserker couldn't, you can survive against champions, and even some legendary mobs (not alone ofc). The only but is that it has no burst, and the damage is ok at best.I was thinking on rolling back to berserker using full marauders gear with either rune of durability or vampirism, but I would like to further explore the build that I'm using now.

@Chaarliee.2307 said:

Got it, thanks all !I finished the OW build. This is what I ended up with:
(sigil of force and strength in the GS, I forgot to put those lol). It definitely has A LOT of survivability, I can now survive in situations where the berserker couldn't, you can survive against champions, and even some legendary mobs (not alone ofc). The only but is that it has no burst, and the damage is ok at best.I was thinking on rolling back to berserker using full marauders gear with either rune of durability or vampirism, but I would like to further explore the build that I'm using now.

Some further tips:

Sundering mace will make your F1 and Mace 3 last longer and do more breakbar damage. Sigil of Penalization works on both (it works on daze not just stun). That comes out to almost a 5 second stun on core Mace F1.Axe Mastery will make your Axe 4 and 5 build a lot more adrenaline and give you more overall damage than Burst Mastery.

As you get better with the build try and swap out Defense for another traitline, espec or core.

When you want to try Berserker then try this:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKABk6dflJwwYJsFmJOWP/tbA-zxQYhoHrD7UaRBEmEIQRQtCBlONC4MC-e

It isn't that much more different than what you are running now. If you don't like loosing fast hands then swap Strength for Discipline. Runes of the Tempest will also heal you on a stunbreak along with RR. Break a stun with Headbutt, get healed for 3.6k, break stun with Savage Instinct or Outrage if you are already in BMode for a follow up 3.6k heal.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:You don't have FGS selected there, but I assume you are running it? Take might on crit food, and might on crit sigils. Maximize your might gain. It heals you and gives endurance. Building Momentum gives you endurance per foe hit. Use all this endurance to dodge, dodge, dodge. Just save a dodge for the hard hitting things.

Cleave as much as possible and stay mobile. Consider balanced stance or bull's charge instead of stomp.

Agreed on this.

I have been running a Spellbreaker build designed to heal on might gain and crits and it's great fun.Nearly 100% perma crit chance as well so tons of might, tons of crits, lots of small healing to sustain.It's not able to facetank everything but it can deal with a lot of things in PvE easily enough.

Definitely worth it to build a might healing warrior, highly recommend it.

(sigil of force and strength in the GS, I forgot to put those lol). It definitely has A LOT of survivability, I can now survive in situations where the berserker couldn't, you can survive against champions, and even some legendary mobs (not alone ofc). The only but is that it has no burst, and the damage is ok at best.I was thinking on rolling back to berserker using full marauders gear with either rune of durability or vampirism, but I would like to further explore the build that I'm using now.

Some further tips:

Sundering mace will make your F1 and Mace 3 last longer and do more breakbar damage. Sigil of Penalization works on both (it works on daze not just stun). That comes out to almost a 5 second stun on core Mace F1.Axe Mastery will make your Axe 4 and 5 build a lot more adrenaline and give you more overall damage than Burst Mastery.

As you get better with the build try and swap out Defense for another traitline, espec or core.

When you want to try Berserker then try this:

It isn't that much more different than what you are running now. If you don't like loosing fast hands then swap Strength for Discipline. Runes of the Tempest will also heal you on a stunbreak along with RR. Break a stun with Headbutt, get healed for 3.6k, break stun with Savage Instinct or Outrage if you are already in BMode for a follow up 3.6k heal.

I've been running strenght-discipline-berserker for a long time, and I died a lot in open world (using full berserker gear that is). If I swap defense for berserker using soldiers gear, would it has a nice burst ?

@Chaarliee.2307 said:

Some further tips:

When you want to try Berserker then try this:

I've been running strenght-discipline-berserker for a long time, and I died a lot in open world (using full berserker gear that is). If I swap defense for berserker using soldiers gear, would it has a nice burst ?

Yes. You'd have to focus on dodges more though to stay alive., but like I said Building Momentum procs per hit, per foe, so Arc Divider will refill your endurance if you hit enough foes enough times with it. So dodge, dodge, Headbutt, F1, F1, dodge, dodge, GS3, dodge, F1, dodge, dodge, you get the idea.

@Chaarliee.2307 said:

• If you had Assassin instead of Zerk trinkets, it'd boost your crit change to 49.8%.
  • The 300 toughness from Sentinel is pretty minimal and might be better replaced with Valkyrie to bring your crit from 193 to 214%, yet still have 3k+ power and 25+k health.

Just some ideas.

@TheAgedGnome.7520 said:

• If you had Assassin instead of Zerk trinkets, it'd boost your crit change to 49.8%.
  • The 300 toughness from Sentinel is pretty minimal and might be better replaced with Valkyrie to bring your crit from 193 to 214%, yet still have 3k+ power and 25+k health.

Just some ideas.

Is it worth it to boost it to 49%, seems rather low.I was thinking to bring some Valkirie gear, or some Marauder. Right now the build as it is can spare some sustain.Thanks for the input !

I run mostly berzerker variants and have quite good success!Marauder weapons w/ sigil of 5% dmg, might on critBerzerker armor w/ runes of strength (might duration extended 50% and 5% dmg)Berzerk/Valk hybrid trinketsMace/Shield is for breakbarshttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKABk6dflJwuYIMMWJOWT9LPA-zRZYBhZFsY0DlRghQFRgKDA-e

Key for sustain in this is tactics. Not just that, but if you have ANY ally around you that you can apply might to, the last trait in Tactics, Phalanx strength, works incredibly well with the last Tactic minor trait Mending Might, andis a HUGE health boost. You heal so much because of how much might you are sharing.

Would highly recommend giving it a try.

I've been using both condi and power builds for a long time both in pve and open world pve. so I got bored. Recently I've been experimenting with Harrier's gear for OW with altruism rune and horn. Core warrior, shout heals and yet still stuck with the axe/axe to kill things. otherwise fights are infinite :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking for a Warrior Solo PVE Build with Survailability, with Axe/Axe.Usually at my builds i use Marauder stats with Runes of Vampirism which gives you great survailability and they are easy to play.I cant find such thing anywhere. To be clear i care about survailability NOT damage.Someone can help?

@Pagio.3029 said:I'm looking for a Warrior Solo PVE Build with Survailability, with Axe/Axe.Usually at my builds i use Marauder stats with Runes of Vampirism which gives you great survailability and they are easy to play.I cant find such thing anywhere. To be clear i care about survailability NOT damage.Someone can help?

Do the same thing. Maurader plus vamp runes.Str: bot mid midDisc: mid bot top

Choice ofTact: mid mid bot/midDef: mid top top.

MMR will keep you alive while you kill things and vamp runes will top you off.

@Pagio.3029 said:

Do the same thing. Maurader plus vamp runes.Str: bot mid midDisc: mid bot top

Choice ofTact: mid mid bot/midDef: mid top top.

MMR will keep you alive while you kill things and vamp runes will top you off.

Really Thank you. which secondary weapons and sigils? What is the MMR ???

Might Makes Right. Might heals you and gives 2 endurance per stack. Coupled with Forceful Greatsword you generate a large amount of might and thus healing and endurance for dodging. Forceful Greatsword works best with greatsword, but you get 50% chance on crit with other weapons to get a might stack.

Use whichever secondary set you like, but a cc set would be wise. Use sigil of strength. The second sigil could've accuracy, battle, energy, celerity, rage, or force. I suggest celerity and to take at least kick or bull's charge. The quickness helps to generate might more quickly.

Use might on crit food.

Utility bar should reflect the area you are in, but take a physical skill like kick, some extra might generation, and either condi cleanse or stability.

Elite is up to you.