What is the real list of OPness right now? — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home PVP

What is the real list of OPness right now?

Crab Fear.1624Crab Fear.1624 Member ✭✭✭✭
  1. Revs, Holos
  2. (something)
  3. (something)

These top 3 need to be brought down to 4, and 4-9 need to be brought up to 4.

Remember as damage goes up, sustain goes down and vice versa.

I would say make your list and put it here, but do you booboo.

I mention the #2, and #3 because these are probably the loudest in complaints about the #1.

They want to be #1, but I don't want them to be number one.

They should be brought down as well.

I picked the number 1s based on the current pvp page, but I have my own #2, #3 that I feel will definitely become the next problem if these are brought down.

Soon™ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) nom nom nom🥔
Fun Daredevil

<13

Comments

  • mistsim.2748mistsim.2748 Member ✭✭✭

    just glint/malyx. rest is more or less fine. mesmers need help.

  • Virdo.1540Virdo.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 19, 2020

    top one are definitely tempests and holos

    revs & mesmers are fine (except chrono)

  • Black Storm.6974Black Storm.6974 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 19, 2020

    Maybe Engineer (both power and condition), Deadye, Tempest, Revenant (the problem are the conditions that still “need” to be reduced for everyone), other professions with their condition builds.

    There is a general problem with conditions. There are a lot of condition builds that can make incredibly high burst damage, but also several condition builds with way too high sustained damage (often these have high defence too).
    Condition damage “needs” to be reduced at least as much as power damage was reduced. Let’s start balancing singular professions after building a “fair” base.

  • DanAlcedo.3281DanAlcedo.3281 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Last is Warrior. Thats for sure.

  • dronte.3416dronte.3416 Member ✭✭✭

    Reaper is also high on my list.

    And if I can pick a skill instead of a class, I would go with Lich Form. It's just broken.

  • Shiyo.3578Shiyo.3578 Member ✭✭✭✭

    A support cannot be overpowered when there are only two of them to pick from(FB and tempest). A support cannot be overpowered because they cannot solo carry themselves through ranks, and aren't even powerful enough to duo queue carry through ranks.

    Please do not put tempest in this top3 list.

  • Revolution.5409Revolution.5409 Member ✭✭✭

    There are professions that have adapted better to the new Meta after the patches and others that have become garbage.
    Anet has made major changes to weapons and traits and their use has changed a lot in pvp, the warrior's hammer is an example.
    The problem is not the professions that make up the current Meta, the problem is the missing updates to make the other professions viable and the damage that has been lowered too much, even if Holo and Herald were nerfed, warrior and other specializations will remain garbage in every chance, useless to ruin other professions.

  • Black Storm.6974Black Storm.6974 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 19, 2020

    @dronte.3416 said:
    Reaper is also high on my list.

    And if I can pick a skill instead of a class, I would go with Lich Form. It's just broken.

    Reaper is quite bad right now, you can realise it as soon as you fight against any competent team instead of “PvP beginners”.

    Surviving with it is very difficult, it has low damage and/or low survivability compared to the things already mentioned here.
    When focused in team fight, if you don’t have competent support and a good team with you, you can be taken from 100% HP and 100% LF to death in about 4 seconds, while under the effect of CCs.

    Its damage is not reliable. It is good while in Reaper Shroud, but if the enemy avoid it (and it is very simple with the powerful defences or mobility that other professions have access to) you find yourself with low damage weapons and bad defence for at least 10 seconds (usually more than enough to take down a Reaper).

    Reaper is also a lot inferior to several things mentioned in this thread if fighting 1vs1.

  • Psycoprophet.8107Psycoprophet.8107 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Black Storm.6974 said:

    @dronte.3416 said:
    Reaper is also high on my list.

    And if I can pick a skill instead of a class, I would go with Lich Form. It's just broken.

    Reaper is quite bad right now, you realise it as soon as you fight against any competent team instead of “PvP beginners”.
    Surviving with it is very difficult, it has low damage and/or low survivability compared to things already mentioned here.

    For sure thsts why necro/specs are higher in numbers than any class in wvw and only somewhat matched by thiefs and now revs in pvp, cuz their weak lol.

  • Psycoprophet.8107Psycoprophet.8107 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 19, 2020

    @Black Storm.6974 said:

    @Psycoprophet.8107 said:

    @Black Storm.6974 said:

    @dronte.3416 said:
    Reaper is also high on my list.

    And if I can pick a skill instead of a class, I would go with Lich Form. It's just broken.

    Reaper is quite bad right now, you realise it as soon as you fight against any competent team instead of “PvP beginners”.
    Surviving with it is very difficult, it has low damage and/or low survivability compared to things already mentioned here.

    For sure thsts why necro/specs are higher in numbers than any class in wvw and only somewhat matched by thiefs and now revs in pvp, cuz their weak lol.

    I wonder how someone could not notice “something so obvious” (what I mentioned in my post). Probably many people in Silver and Bronze division tend to see most things as OP when played by “decent players”, it is also natural, everyone needs time to learn and there is a lot to learn to become good in PvP.

    PvP is full of things that can easily beat a Reaper, most professions can.

    Still seen more than most classes for reasons lol whether u want to admit or not players in this game seem to flock the most to classes that fit a certain criteria to put it nicely lol.

  • Black Storm.6974Black Storm.6974 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 19, 2020

    @Psycoprophet.8107 said:

    @Black Storm.6974 said:

    @Psycoprophet.8107 said:

    @Black Storm.6974 said:

    @dronte.3416 said:
    Reaper is also high on my list.

    And if I can pick a skill instead of a class, I would go with Lich Form. It's just broken.

    Reaper is quite bad right now, you realise it as soon as you fight against any competent team instead of “PvP beginners”.
    Surviving with it is very difficult, it has low damage and/or low survivability compared to things already mentioned here.

    For sure thsts why necro/specs are higher in numbers than any class in wvw and only somewhat matched by thiefs and now revs in pvp, cuz their weak lol.

    I wonder how someone could not notice “something so obvious” (what I mentioned in my post). Probably many people in Silver and Bronze division tend to see most things as OP when played by “decent players”, it is also natural, everyone needs time to learn and there is a lot to learn to become good in PvP.

    PvP is full of things that can easily beat a Reaper, most professions can.

    Still seen more than most classes for reasons lol

    PvE has a lot of Reapers too, it is certainly not because it performs better than most professions (it does not).

    Reaper is something that many people enjoy playing. Effectiveness is only one of the many things people can consider when choosing what to play. Necromancer was one of the most played professions in PvE even when most groups was refusing to play with them, even after years of exclusion.

    It is also somewhat easier for beginners to start with Reaper.

  • Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 19, 2020

    I think they should tweak damage again before messing with professions. its clearly too low. leave autos alone, reduce # 2 cds and buff damage a bit on them.

    Te lazla otstara.

  • Leonidrex.5649Leonidrex.5649 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Black Storm.6974 said:

    @Psycoprophet.8107 said:

    @Black Storm.6974 said:

    @Psycoprophet.8107 said:

    @Black Storm.6974 said:

    @dronte.3416 said:
    Reaper is also high on my list.

    And if I can pick a skill instead of a class, I would go with Lich Form. It's just broken.

    Reaper is quite bad right now, you realise it as soon as you fight against any competent team instead of “PvP beginners”.
    Surviving with it is very difficult, it has low damage and/or low survivability compared to things already mentioned here.

    For sure thsts why necro/specs are higher in numbers than any class in wvw and only somewhat matched by thiefs and now revs in pvp, cuz their weak lol.

    I wonder how someone could not notice “something so obvious” (what I mentioned in my post). Probably many people in Silver and Bronze division tend to see most things as OP when played by “decent players”, it is also natural, everyone needs time to learn and there is a lot to learn to become good in PvP.

    PvP is full of things that can easily beat a Reaper, most professions can.

    Still seen more than most classes for reasons lol

    PvE has a lot of Reapers too, it is certainly not because it performs better than most professions (it does not).

    Reaper is something that many people enjoy playing. Effectiveness is only one of the many things people can consider when choosing what to play. Necromancer was one of the most played professions in PvE even when most groups was refusing to play with them, even after years of exclusion.

    It is also somewhat easier for beginners to start with Reaper.

    people play reaper in pve because they are kitten bad and are content with doing all content by going shroud and holding autoattack.
    necros are BY FAR the worst players, this entire class is design in a way to not teach the person playing it anything.

  • Leonidrex.5649Leonidrex.5649 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 19, 2020

    for me top would be.
    1 Rev of any kind is either
    a Broken or
    b degenerate and too strong.
    2 Holo and necro
    a for holo alchemy needs to be finally properly nerfed, compensate core engi and scrapper, holo shouldnt run with kitten 15-25 might all day.
    b necro, is a kitten design only rivaled by thiefs kitten ini system, how the heck someone thought that entire class design would be having massive HP pool is a good idea i dont know, reduce their shroud gain by ~20% from ALL sources, nerf things that were forgotten, and give them a bone like additional block as F2 but out of shroud only. Heck they could give them F2 and F3. F2 blocks and gives defence, F3 deals damage and buffs damage outpot, both cost some shroud and both go on cd when one is used, mb this would be a good way to buff them in pve.
    3 Ranger, Tempest, FB
    those 3 are slightly above the rest, and its hard to say if they need to be touched all that much, or mb other things should be moved to their level.
    4 Warrior and mesmer of any kind sucks, and honestly for the sake of the game and its playerbase I deeply hope that other classes will not be brought down to their kitten level.
    warrior needs dmg on CC back, AND something else on top, I dont know what It could be, maybe some more damage. but their evade uptimes are very high still...
    Mesmer needs couple of things, one and very important thing, is for thief to not kitten it in the kitten by mere existance, two for the buggs to be fixed ( sword ambush, sword 3, axe 3 ) and honestly couple of proper qol changes like phantasms turning into clones faster could make it decent.
    Oh or mb make clones/phantasms stop generate things for other classes, giving other classes pulsing might, heals, lifesteal, adrenaline and all that kitten is stupid.

    And honorable mention, thief. Mandatory 1 thief in every team dunno what can be done, nerfing it is not the way honestly, if anything this game needs another spec that can contest thief in its role, PROPERLY

  • Aktium.9506Aktium.9506 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 19, 2020
    1. Holo
    2. Rev
    3. Ranger
    4. Guardian
    5. Necro
    6. Thief
    7. Ele
    8. Mesmer
    9. Warrior

    @Leonidrex.5649 said:
    warrior needs dmg on CC back

    It has plenty of those. That's not what's holding Warr back.

    AND something else on top, I dont know what It could be

    And honorable mention, thief. Mandatory 1 thief in every team dunno what can be done, nerfing it is not the way honestly, if anything this game needs another spec that can contest thief in its role, PROPERLY

    If only there was a way to combine these and fix two problems in one go... 🤔

  • Bazsi.2734Bazsi.2734 Member ✭✭✭

    @Shiyo.3578 said:
    A support cannot be overpowered when there are only two of them to pick from(FB and tempest). A support cannot be overpowered because they cannot solo carry themselves through ranks, and aren't even powerful enough to duo queue carry through ranks.

    Please do not put tempest in this top3 list.

    1. Tempest
    2. Weaver
    3. Core ele
    4. Rest is trash, please nerf the above.
  • Aktium.9506Aktium.9506 Member ✭✭✭

    @Shiyo.3578 said:
    A support cannot be overpowered when there are only two of them to pick from

    Where was this sentiment when Blood Sage Scourge ran rampant?

  • Psycoprophet.8107Psycoprophet.8107 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 19, 2020

    @Aktium.9506 said:
    1. Holo
    2. Rev
    3. Ranger
    4. Guardian
    5. Necro
    6. Thief
    7. Ele
    8. Mesmer
    9. Warrior

    @Leonidrex.5649 said:
    warrior needs dmg on CC back

    It has plenty of those. That's not what's holding Warr back.

    AND something else on top, I dont know what It could be

    And honorable mention, thief. Mandatory 1 thief in every team dunno what can be done, nerfing it is not the way honestly, if anything this game needs another spec that can contest thief in its role, PROPERLY

    If only there was a way to combine these and fix two problems in one go... 🤔

    Regarding war damage is definitely part of whats holding it back. By design and how integrated the need for hard cc for a war to effectively burst someone having zero damage on cc hit wars overall damage and burst significantly compared to other classes. If the devs compensated wars non cc skills or skills that were commonly used as part of their burst with more damage then maybe things would be different. As it is now as predictable and counter playable as war bursts are, even if ur successful in getting the full burst rotation off most classes but glass ones will shrug off the damage due to the loss of damage on cc. Thst is if they simply don't pop stab or a stun break lol
    War has a few well known bursts that are predictable and easy to counter yet if wars successful in getting the bursts off in most cases it would have to successfully land those bursts multiple times in a fight to get a player down as that's their only way to hope to do enough damage in a time frame that the opponents heal and sustain skills arnt comming off cd's. Wars in a bad spot cuz ud have to face a already almost dead opponent or get multiple burst attempts off and the opponent would have to be bronze level to fall for multiple war bursts.

  • Leonidrex.5649Leonidrex.5649 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Psycoprophet.8107 said:

    @Aktium.9506 said:
    1. Holo
    2. Rev
    3. Ranger
    4. Guardian
    5. Necro
    6. Thief
    7. Ele
    8. Mesmer
    9. Warrior

    @Leonidrex.5649 said:
    warrior needs dmg on CC back

    It has plenty of those. That's not what's holding Warr back.

    AND something else on top, I dont know what It could be

    And honorable mention, thief. Mandatory 1 thief in every team dunno what can be done, nerfing it is not the way honestly, if anything this game needs another spec that can contest thief in its role, PROPERLY

    If only there was a way to combine these and fix two problems in one go... 🤔

    Regarding war damage is definitely part of whats holding it back. By design and how integrated the need for hard cc for a war to effectively burst someone having zero damage on cc hit wars overall damage and burst significantly compared to other classes. If the devs compensated wars non cc skills or skills that were commonly used as part of their burst with more damage then maybe things would be different. As it is now as predictable and counter playable as war bursts are, even if ur successful in getting the full burst rotation off most classes but glass ones will shrug off the damage due to the loss of damage on cc. Thst is if they simply don't pop stab or a stun break lol

    lack of damage and other classes being broken is holding warrior back.
    by nerfing kitten up the list and adding SOME damage to CC would fix most warrior issues.
    Main problem off warrior is and always will be, its fair.

  • Psycoprophet.8107Psycoprophet.8107 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 19, 2020

    @Leonidrex.5649 said:

    @Psycoprophet.8107 said:

    @Aktium.9506 said:
    1. Holo
    2. Rev
    3. Ranger
    4. Guardian
    5. Necro
    6. Thief
    7. Ele
    8. Mesmer
    9. Warrior

    @Leonidrex.5649 said:
    warrior needs dmg on CC back

    It has plenty of those. That's not what's holding Warr back.

    AND something else on top, I dont know what It could be

    And honorable mention, thief. Mandatory 1 thief in every team dunno what can be done, nerfing it is not the way honestly, if anything this game needs another spec that can contest thief in its role, PROPERLY

    If only there was a way to combine these and fix two problems in one go... 🤔

    Regarding war damage is definitely part of whats holding it back. By design and how integrated the need for hard cc for a war to effectively burst someone having zero damage on cc hit wars overall damage and burst significantly compared to other classes. If the devs compensated wars non cc skills or skills that were commonly used as part of their burst with more damage then maybe things would be different. As it is now as predictable and counter playable as war bursts are, even if ur successful in getting the full burst rotation off most classes but glass ones will shrug off the damage due to the loss of damage on cc. Thst is if they simply don't pop stab or a stun break lol

    lack of damage and other classes being broken is holding warrior back.
    by nerfing kitten up the list and adding SOME damage to CC would fix most warrior issues.
    Main problem off warrior is and always will be, its fair.

    100% agree and a class that's fair by design is more predictable as well as more easily countered therefore it should be more punishing to a opponent who makes mistakes fighting it, prob is it isn't, it's very easy for any player who's played a while to know exactly when to pop a stab or a stun break vs a warrior as they know what burst the war will be going for just by its weapon set. Cuz cc does no damage a successful bullscharge can be made useless by a stunbreak or easily stopped by stab which basically stops the war gs burst out right, gs as just an example.

  • Leonidrex.5649Leonidrex.5649 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Psycoprophet.8107 said:

    @Leonidrex.5649 said:

    @Psycoprophet.8107 said:

    @Aktium.9506 said:
    1. Holo
    2. Rev
    3. Ranger
    4. Guardian
    5. Necro
    6. Thief
    7. Ele
    8. Mesmer
    9. Warrior

    @Leonidrex.5649 said:
    warrior needs dmg on CC back

    It has plenty of those. That's not what's holding Warr back.

    AND something else on top, I dont know what It could be

    And honorable mention, thief. Mandatory 1 thief in every team dunno what can be done, nerfing it is not the way honestly, if anything this game needs another spec that can contest thief in its role, PROPERLY

    If only there was a way to combine these and fix two problems in one go... 🤔

    Regarding war damage is definitely part of whats holding it back. By design and how integrated the need for hard cc for a war to effectively burst someone having zero damage on cc hit wars overall damage and burst significantly compared to other classes. If the devs compensated wars non cc skills or skills that were commonly used as part of their burst with more damage then maybe things would be different. As it is now as predictable and counter playable as war bursts are, even if ur successful in getting the full burst rotation off most classes but glass ones will shrug off the damage due to the loss of damage on cc. Thst is if they simply don't pop stab or a stun break lol

    lack of damage and other classes being broken is holding warrior back.
    by nerfing kitten up the list and adding SOME damage to CC would fix most warrior issues.
    Main problem off warrior is and always will be, its fair.

    100% agree and a class that's fair by design is more predictable as well as more easily countered therefore it should be more punishing to a opponent who makes mistakes fighting it, prob is it isn't.

    ye like even the basic things.
    dueled warrior 20min ago, ever fight I could interrupt his heal 100% of the times with F3 shatter.
    next I fight holo, but he can stealth, or he can precast corona with entrance and chunk me for 7k+ if I want to rupt it.
    combo? holo throws barrage, thats entire combo, and it hurts more then bulls+arcing+gs3

  • Aktium.9506Aktium.9506 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 19, 2020

    @Leonidrex.5649 said:
    lack of damage and other classes being broken is holding warrior back.
    @Psycoprophet.8107 said:
    Regarding war damage is definitely part of whats holding it back.

    I dunno man. During the 2v2 and 3v3 seasons Warrs were one of the classes I least liked facing. Warr can lock you down pretty hard if you get caught and honestly feels like it hits harder than Power Rev when it does. The main difference being that literally everything Warr does has really clear telegraphs and tells so you know what's coming and can dodge it and you can kite a Warr pretty easily.

    I think if you give Warrior more mobility, a ranged pull in their core kit available to all specs and some better access to reveal that would go a long way in giving it a place in the meta.

  • Psycoprophet.8107Psycoprophet.8107 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 19, 2020

    @Aktium.9506 said:

    @Leonidrex.5649 said:
    lack of damage and other classes being broken is holding warrior back.
    @Psycoprophet.8107 said:
    Regarding war damage is definitely part of whats holding it back.

    I dunno man. During the 2v2 and 3v3 seasons Warrs were one of the classes I least liked facing. Warr can lock you down pretty hard if you get caught and honestly feels like it hits harder than Power Rev when it does. The main difference being that literally everything Warr does has really clear telegraphs and tells so you know what's coming and can dodge it and you can kite a Warr pretty easily.

    I think if you give Warrior more mobility, a ranged pull in their core kit available to all specs and some better access to reveal that would go a long way in giving it a place in the meta.

    No arguement about the locking down but a class that can lock u down but needs another player to follow up with the damage to down players is not good at all. if u dont have a teamates to provide damage for u locking them down just delays them wrecking u when ur cc's are on CD.
    I'd be absolutely annoying being help cc'd by a warrior while its teammates has at u but on the same note wars ccs are predictable and telegraphed and if u get caught in wars cc without stab or a stunbreak available the war should be able to punish u just like other classes who have far more unfair mechanics can.
    War does not need more mobility, it already has the perfect amount with gs,dagger mh, sword mh and utility skills like BC and feather foot. Any more would be to much.

  • Aktium.9506Aktium.9506 Member ✭✭✭

    @Psycoprophet.8107 said:
    but needs another player to follow up with the damage to down players is not good at all. if u dont have a teamates to provide damage for u locking them down just delays them wrecking u when ur cc's are on CD.

    That's not true tho. The damage is definitely there. I got caught with my pants down by a spellbreaker when I had no dodges and stunbreaks left but full health and shroud a few days ago. He tore through my full shroud and healthbar in under 6 or so seconds.

    War does not need more mobility, it already has the perfect amount with gs,dagger mh, sword mh and utility skills like BC and feather foot. Any more would be to much.

    Not if we were to aim at making Warr contest Thief's role like the other guy was talking about.

  • Psycoprophet.8107Psycoprophet.8107 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 19, 2020

    @Aktium.9506 said:

    @Psycoprophet.8107 said:
    but needs another player to follow up with the damage to down players is not good at all. if u dont have a teamates to provide damage for u locking them down just delays them wrecking u when ur cc's are on CD.

    That's not true tho. The damage is definitely there. I got caught with my pants down by a spellbreaker when I had no dodges and stunbreaks left but full health and shroud a few days ago. He tore through my full shroud and healthbar in under 6 or so seconds.

    War does not need more mobility, it already has the perfect amount with gs,dagger mh, sword mh and utility skills like BC and feather foot. Any more would be to much.

    Not if we were to aim at making Warr contest Thief's role like the other guy was talking about.

    That's sounds fishy man, I run zerk/strenth rune strength/disc/splb with all damage traits and if i catch a reaper off guard i take like 20% of it hp before it shrouds up and prob another 30% of shroud by time 100 blades and f1go off and have to chip away at em until I can attempt the same burst again. Most times takes 2 or 3 full bursts to kill a reaper and they'd have to make some serious mistakes given thier affinity to pop shroud as a oh kitten button than still have elite as well. A good reaper or necro easily out sustains and destroys a war if both were at full hp. Even cores eat thru my hp before I cant dent them with all their oh kitten buttons regardless if the make a mistake or I out play them and get my full burst off, it's usually not punishing enough to tip the fight in my favor.

  • Aktium.9506Aktium.9506 Member ✭✭✭

    @Psycoprophet.8107 said:
    That's sounds fishy man, I run zerk/strenth rune strength/disc/splb with all damage traits and if i catch a reaper off guard i take like 20% of it hp before it should and prob another 30% of shroud by time 100 blades and f1go off and have to chip away at em until I can attempt the same burst again. Most times takes 2 or 3 full bursts to kill a reaper and they'd have to make some serious mistakes given thier affinity to pop shroud as a oh kitten button than still have elite as well. A good reaper or necro easily out sustains and destroys a war if both were at full hp. Even cores eat thru my hp before I cant dent them with all their oh kitten buttons regardless if the make a mistake or I out play them and get my full burst off, it's usually not punishing enough to tip the fight in my favor.

    I play core condi 9/10 times. So Warrs generally aren't a problem. I was pretty impressed tbh. Pretty sure the only thing that could have done me quicker is a Reaper going Lich at me.

    Both Lich and Rampage should honestly be removed as a side note.

  • Psycoprophet.8107Psycoprophet.8107 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 19, 2020

    @Aktium.9506 said:

    @Psycoprophet.8107 said:
    That's sounds fishy man, I run zerk/strenth rune strength/disc/splb with all damage traits and if i catch a reaper off guard i take like 20% of it hp before it should and prob another 30% of shroud by time 100 blades and f1go off and have to chip away at em until I can attempt the same burst again. Most times takes 2 or 3 full bursts to kill a reaper and they'd have to make some serious mistakes given thier affinity to pop shroud as a oh kitten button than still have elite as well. A good reaper or necro easily out sustains and destroys a war if both were at full hp. Even cores eat thru my hp before I cant dent them with all their oh kitten buttons regardless if the make a mistake or I out play them and get my full burst off, it's usually not punishing enough to tip the fight in my favor.

    I play core condi 9/10 times. So Warrs generally aren't a problem. I was pretty impressed tbh. Pretty sure the only thing that could have done me quicker is a Reaper going Lich at me.

    Both Lich and Rampage should honestly be removed as a side note.

    @Aktium.9506 said:

    @Psycoprophet.8107 said:
    That's sounds fishy man, I run zerk/strenth rune strength/disc/splb with all damage traits and if i catch a reaper off guard i take like 20% of it hp before it should and prob another 30% of shroud by time 100 blades and f1go off and have to chip away at em until I can attempt the same burst again. Most times takes 2 or 3 full bursts to kill a reaper and they'd have to make some serious mistakes given thier affinity to pop shroud as a oh kitten button than still have elite as well. A good reaper or necro easily out sustains and destroys a war if both were at full hp. Even cores eat thru my hp before I cant dent them with all their oh kitten buttons regardless if the make a mistake or I out play them and get my full burst off, it's usually not punishing enough to tip the fight in my favor.

    I play core condi 9/10 times. So Warrs generally aren't a problem. I was pretty impressed tbh. Pretty sure the only thing that could have done me quicker is a Reaper going Lich at me.

    Both Lich and Rampage should honestly be removed as a side note.

    @Aktium.9506 said:

    @Psycoprophet.8107 said:
    That's sounds fishy man, I run zerk/strenth rune strength/disc/splb with all damage traits and if i catch a reaper off guard i take like 20% of it hp before it should and prob another 30% of shroud by time 100 blades and f1go off and have to chip away at em until I can attempt the same burst again. Most times takes 2 or 3 full bursts to kill a reaper and they'd have to make some serious mistakes given thier affinity to pop shroud as a oh kitten button than still have elite as well. A good reaper or necro easily out sustains and destroys a war if both were at full hp. Even cores eat thru my hp before I cant dent them with all their oh kitten buttons regardless if the make a mistake or I out play them and get my full burst off, it's usually not punishing enough to tip the fight in my favor.

    I play core condi 9/10 times. So Warrs generally aren't a problem. I was pretty impressed tbh. Pretty sure the only thing that could have done me quicker is a Reaper going Lich at me.

    Both Lich and Rampage should honestly be removed as a side note.

    I agree they should be removed, I run rage cuz I switched from thief to warrior to get away from feeling cheesey all the time lol.
    Speaking of thief tho if they have already used their stunbreak and I get a full 100 blade-f1 off they usually are in downstate, and it feels delightful lol.

  • jsp.6912jsp.6912 Member ✭✭✭

    some build need some neerf but there is no broken build like before

    rev condi and power need more nerf for me
    condi thief need nerf too
    holo grenade need nerf
    nerco need a nerf for his regen life force
    rez skill need a cd nerf for me

    rest seems ok

  • Buran.3796Buran.3796 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @mistsim.2748 said:
    just glint/malyx. rest is more or less fine. mesmers need help.

    All you people complaining about the Revenant, undecided about which one, if power Herald, Condi Herald or condition Renegade, is the worst balanced, would be able to endure the psychological stress when, after the nerfs to all of them, the Jalis/Shiro arises to crush you down?

    Because when the nerfs in power damage arrived in February, a lot of us saw that the meta would switch towards condition AoE tanks, and you got exactly what you deserved after asking to nerf the power damage and burst, and the excessive sustain. But, oh surprise! Happens that if you remove evades and stunbreaks the cc becomes more powerfull, even if they lost the damage, so now instead of dying in a fast 2 seconds burst of strong cc attacks with big calls you die in 4 seconds of slighly slower, slighly less bursty, chain of cc, while melting in AoEs...

  • UNOwen.7132UNOwen.7132 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Leonidrex.5649 said:
    And honorable mention, thief. Mandatory 1 thief in every team dunno what can be done, nerfing it is not the way honestly, if anything this game needs another spec that can contest thief in its role, PROPERLY

    Nothing can be done, as long as shortbow 5 exists and outnumbering is good, you will see a thief in every team. And I dont think making another class able to do thieves role similarly well is a good idea. I dont want another class to be put in "decap and +1"-jail.

  • Quadox.7834Quadox.7834 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Grimjack.8130 said:

    S
    Condi Rev
    Holo
    Ranger
    Condi Thief

    A
    LR Weaver
    Tempest
    Power Thief
    Reaper
    Soulbeast

    B
    CoreNecro
    Firebrand
    Power Rev
    Renegade

    C
    Scrapper
    Druid
    Deadeye
    Mender Core Guard

    D
    Mirage
    Weaver
    DH

    F
    Warrior in general
    Chrono
    Scourge

    Nerf everything from S and A
    Buff everything from D and F
    Slight nerfs and buffs to certain skills in B and C, but thats where you want to be.
    Unhealthy gameplay can be nerfed when a class is still deserving of buffs still.
    Not in any particular order within the tiers.

    move ranger to C if enemy has macro

    // Yanim

  • Crozame.4098Crozame.4098 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 19, 2020

    There are more grenade holo than revs at the moment. The strongest atm is holo for sure, too many ways to push out insane dmg pressure. The next is necro, rev, tempest support.

  • Shiyo.3578Shiyo.3578 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Tayga.3192 said:

    @Shiyo.3578 said:
    A support cannot be overpowered

    They sure can be

    when there are only two of them to pick from(FB and tempest).

    That means those two are pretty strong compared to tactics warrior, druid etc

    Correct me if I'm wrong but are there even any tempests in top20 on NA or EU?

  • Jekkt.6045Jekkt.6045 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 19, 2020

    @Shiyo.3578 said:

    @Tayga.3192 said:

    @Shiyo.3578 said:
    A support cannot be overpowered

    They sure can be

    when there are only two of them to pick from(FB and tempest).

    That means those two are pretty strong compared to tactics warrior, druid etc

    Correct me if I'm wrong but are there even any tempests in top20 on NA or EU?

    how's that relevant. supports shine in controlled environments like tournaments, not ladder. doesn't mean supports can't be too strong. is tempest too strong? i don't think so, but it definitely has some stuff that could use some adjustments.

  • Shiyo.3578Shiyo.3578 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 19, 2020

    It's relevant because if it was overpowered it could carry at least duo to top 20. If it can't, then it's not.

    I do think the pure support tempest build is unhealthy for the game, though. However I think that of any pure support and don't think they belong in gw2.

  • Jekkt.6045Jekkt.6045 Member ✭✭✭

    @Shiyo.3578 said:
    It's relevant because if it was overpowered it could carry at least duo to top 20. If it can't, then it's not.

    I do think the pure support tempest build is unhealthy for the game, though. However I think that of any pure support and don't think they belong in gw2.

    the only way support can hardcarry is if it's so busted nothing dies like HoT chrono did. firebrand + scourge could do it to some degree too because both builds were really strong. it's your opinion if you don't like supports. i think the game is much better with them around and there should be more than just 2. druid and chrono could definitely be buffed to be on par with tempest and firebrand if each of them brings their own niche.

  • Shiyo.3578Shiyo.3578 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Druid should absolutely never be buffed.

  • Lilyanna.9361Lilyanna.9361 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Shiyo.3578 said:
    It's relevant because if it was overpowered it could carry at least duo to top 20. If it can't, then it's not.

    I do think the pure support tempest build is unhealthy for the game, though. However I think that of any pure support and don't think they belong in gw2.

    This makes no sense here. The FULL support tempest instead of the hybrid damage/LR build is not the issue though. Yes, it passes the auras and encourages the CC lock, but the heals they offer is nothing to exactly brag about. And it only takes maybe one or two people to render the tempest useless or push it out of the fight entirely.

    You can't sit here and say the full support build is absolutely busted, when in reality the air version of it is much more disgusting because of more of the CC/Lightning rod variants come from there.

    If you're going to complain at least highlight the right Tempest build instead of compacting two separate builds that Tempest can run into one. You kind of people don't make sense.

  • Shiyo.3578Shiyo.3578 Member ✭✭✭✭

    The hybrid damage/LR build will get farmed by any condi spec, especially condi rev. Unless you're also running fire, and thus fire/air/tempest, which might have enough condi cleanse but then has nearly zero team support and isn't even a support.

    Is fire/air/tempest viable? You have tons of condi cleanse and are basically invincible vs power builds as well.

  • Arheundel.6451Arheundel.6451 Member ✭✭✭✭

    What a bunch.....

    January : "Nerf A and buff B"
    February :" Nerf B and buff A"
    March: ""Nerf A and buff B"
    ..............

    I don't envy those people paid to read through this pile of Horse Manure

    -A wise man once said- "Fight cheese with cheese or be cheesed in return, mind not those who will accuse you of being a cheese as they like cheese themselves"

  • Leonidrex.5649Leonidrex.5649 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Arheundel.6451 said:
    What a bunch.....

    January : "Nerf A and buff B"
    February :" Nerf B and buff A"
    March: ""Nerf A and buff B"
    ..............

    I don't envy those people paid to read through this pile of Horse Manure

    thats how balance works, in league champs can get buffed/nerfed every 2 weeks untill they land in a good spot.
    thats what you do, you cant perfectly balance with first try and sometimes you just have to juggle buff/nerfs untill you reach the sweet spot.
    but here we have to wait kitten year for anything to happen.

  • Just want to mention that some top-tiers play burn guard dealing instantly up to 5 K burn damage per tick.
    These arent bunkers and I dont say they should be high on the list, but they shouldnt be forgotten to be looked at.
    5 K burn each tick is just too much !

  • mortrialus.3062mortrialus.3062 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Leonidrex.5649 said:

    @Arheundel.6451 said:
    What a bunch.....

    January : "Nerf A and buff B"
    February :" Nerf B and buff A"
    March: ""Nerf A and buff B"
    ..............

    I don't envy those people paid to read through this pile of Horse Manure

    thats how balance works, in league champs can get buffed/nerfed every 2 weeks untill they land in a good spot.
    thats what you do, you cant perfectly balance with first try and sometimes you just have to juggle buff/nerfs untill you reach the sweet spot.
    but here we have to wait kitten year for anything to happen.

    No balance can only exist if Elementalist is the best class in everything it does because it's inherently the most balanced.

    Best Dressed Memser NA.